Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Brown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that Chris Brown will be a 1500 yard back next year?
Yes
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Chris Brown Reply with quote

Answer yes or no in the poll above!! Very Happy
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yes he is.
He's got a great yards per carry average. He's just got to stay healthy.
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Chris Brown Reply with quote

I agree, the key is to stay healthy.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course he can! He just has to stay healthy. He showed last season with his amazing average yards per carry. The main problm is whether he can stay fit or not and i think he can.

This is why i hate the idea of drafting a RB in the 1st round when we have someone with the talent of Chris Brown.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say next season Brown stays healthy and reaches 1500 yards and then he does the same thing the season after that. We won't be able to resign him. That's why we draft a RB in the first four rounds this year. If we have to spend the 6th pick on a RB who we think can be a multi-probowler then I'd say it was a great pick. Wouldn't you want a Shaun Alexander instead of a James Mungro as your starting RB?
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know beast, if Brown does stay healthy and reaches 1500 yards the next 2 seasons, than if worse comes to worse we could put the franchise tag on him!!!!
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if he goes over 1500 next year, then we will resign him just like we did with Bulluck last year.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if he doesn't want to resign? Sorry I had to be the devil's advocate.
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats the key if we are winning and he is gaining 1500 yards on a consistent basis then I think he will want to stay.
Redskins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or he could go elsewhere and get 1500 yards and get more money.

And no he won't, because he won't stay healthy. If he does, then he will because he's a speed RB who picks up more yards than say Bettis who is there to pick up a few rather than 50 each time.
NeoTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the question is simply "Will he be a 1500 yard back next season?", I'll say "NO" since he hasn't proven that he can last the entire season. Sorry, but durability counts in my book. And from what I hear, the Titans' brass has also questioned his durability.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeoTitan wrote:
Since the question is simply "Will he be a 1500 yard back next season?", I'll say "NO" since he hasn't proven that he can last the entire season. Sorry, but durability counts in my book. And from what I hear, the Titans' brass has also questioned his durability.

Wow, seems like we're the only ones who don't think he's reaching the plauteau. I totally agree with you on the durability thing and there's grumblings from the Titans that he's actually being used as trade bait. Also, the team wouldn't publicly go out and say they are in love with the idea of bringing in Benson if they were sold on Brown. Getting 1500 while staying healthy is hard enough, but Brown probably won't see the field enough to get there.
Titans2004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly feel that CB would have gutted it out and finished the season had the coaching staff let him. They knew the season was over and didn't want to risk injuring the toe any more. I hope that we don't draft Benson, because he has never had to share carries before and don't know what his attitude will be when he isn't getting the rock 30 times a game. I also don't know how well he would fit into Chow's offensive gameplan. Chow sure seems to like to split the RB out and get him involved in the passing game and Benson has no experience in route running. Cadillac or Brown might be a better fit. I honestly hop we don't go RB until the 3rd or 4th rnd because that is where some great value is going to be had.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we get Moats in the later rounds. I like Cadillac alot. Benson has ran for 4 one thousand yard seasons but i dont know if he can play even another 6 seasons. Ronnie Brown is 24 and doesnt look like a franchise back just a situational back. Cadillac reminds me of so much like Walter Payton. I think he's goin to have a better career than both Benson and Brown i think.
Burton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Frank Gore, and have anyone of you thought about the possibility of picking up Maurice Clarett in the 6th or 7th rounds? Just a thought what do you think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: