Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derrick Ward is a buc
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMojoRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Derrick Ward is a buc Reply with quote

New York Giants running back Derrick Ward cashed in on his 1,025-yard season by reaching a four-year, $17 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to a league source.

link

get to see him twice a year. Tampa is collecting rbs like qbs these days.

Derrick Ward
Cadillac Williams
Earnest Graham

Carolina Kitten on the sig
SmittySmurf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one bothers me more than the Kellen Winslow Jr. signing they did earlier. Mainly because of what Ward did to us in the Giants game. I don't want to see that twice a year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmittySmurf wrote:
This one bothers me more than the Kellen Winslow Jr. signing they did earlier. Mainly because of what Ward did to us in the Giants game. I don't want to see that twice a year.

I'll worry about it when we don't do anything with out Dline this offseason. Our Dline was exploited in that game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
SmittySmurf wrote:

I'll worry about it when we don't do anything with out Dline this offseason. Our Dline was exploited in that game.

I expect them to use at least two picks on the DL. One is a guarantee to replace Pep when he leaves in a trade, but we still need depth too so I expect an additional pick too to help sure up the rest of the DL.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NC SacKing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmittySmurf wrote:

Well remember Kemo was out of that game and replaced by Nick Hayden, making his first start. I'd like to think that Ward wouldn't get as much success against us with our best run stuffing DT playing versus a rookie DT. Ward has talent, but not 200 yds/game talent-I think the Giants would've made a move to keep him if he was.

Personally I'm not extremely worried about these signings. Every season, some team in our division makes a "big splash" and we all worry about how bad it will hurt us, and usually it doesn't. Remember Saint fans talking about how they couldn't be beat with Shockey, Ellis, Morgan, Vilma and Jason David Laughing now on their team? Well, it's the best 53 men squad, not 1 or 2, so in the end i'm still confident in who wears the black and blue over anyone else in the South

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC SacKing wrote:
SmittySmurf wrote:

Well remember Kemo was out of that game and replaced by Nick Hayden, making his first start. I'd like to think that Ward wouldn't get as much success against us with our best run stuffing DT playing versus a rookie DT. Ward has talent, but not 200 yds/game talent-I think the Giants would've made a move to keep him if he was.

Personally I'm not extremely worried about these signings. Every season, some team in our division makes a "big splash" and we all worry about how bad it will hurt us, and usually it doesn't. Remember Saint fans talking about how they couldn't be beat with Shockey, Ellis, Morgan, Vilma and Jason David Laughing now on their team? Well, it's the best 53 men squad, not 1 or 2, so in the end i'm still confident in who wears the black and blue over anyone else in the South

I probably should have worded that better. I know the Giants game was a career high for Ward. I don't expect it to happen every time we play them. I just meant after that game that we now at least know he's capable of a performance of that magnitude. That's what scares me, but you're right, Kemo was a big loss and he was the first loss we had on defense all year so it was a major adjustment for us.

I guess I should just say I'm wary of Ward more so than afraid.
NC SacKing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmittySmurf wrote:

I guess I should just say I'm wary of Ward more so than afraid.

Good point, I'll be even more wary when they get a QB, 2nd WR, and half a defense to complement him Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that Ward tore us up in the game against the Giants, but they are a better team then the Bucs will be next year. Also, they released a lot of their better players, and didn't sign some others. Their defense will be soft next year, and their offense is still laking, even with the trade for Winslow.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our DL is what worries me, imo, we need higher picks in a Pep trade to get a few guys to help stop a guy like Ward.....

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
rey2009

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yall need to go see all that smack talk over Tampa bay on how Ward and there other RB = monster run back !!!!
they talk so much EDIT EDIT EDIT
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rey2009 wrote:
yall need to go see all that smack talk over Tampa bay on how Ward and there other RB = monster run back !!!!
they talk so much EDIT EDIT EDIT

Ward got 200+ behind a better OL in NYG

Willy and Stew ran for over 300 together (Delhomme brought us below 300 with kneels) with OUR OL...yep...brag on Tampa fans Laughing

Sig by Me
boston9089

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be worried only after Ward proves he wasnt a product of that great Giants team. They had the best Oline in the league and he had Brandon Jacobs ahead of him.
theedaddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward is not bring the top 5 gman OL with him, so little worries. TB has failed and failed and failed this offseason. cut team leaders that carried small cap numbers just to increase their already huge cap space more. cut chucky late after many other organizations already signed new coaches. got passed over and over by the big FAs. overpaid for a turd TE with a bum knee. tagged a WR that came off the streets, who was known to have turd tendencies. thus making him upset. hate to be a buc fan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too worried because Ward won't have the Giants line to open up holes for him like he did in New York. We'll truely find out if Ward is as good as a back as Buc's fan think or if he was just a product of the system

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main reason why Derrick Ward succeeded last season was because he had a limited role in a multi-back system. Don't get me wrong, he's a great RB and earned his money with the season he had, but I think he succeeded because of the circumstances that surrounded him.

The way I see it, if Cadillac and Earnest Graham stay healthy, then those three will form a RB trio to be feared. Ward had 182 carries this past season, and I think that's about as much as he should have. If the Bucs can keep their other RBs healthy so they don't have to lean exclusively on Ward, than he'll have a lot of success. But if Ward is having 20 carries a game and is the Bucs primary RB, then I see a big drop in his production.

LOTO.Tailback on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: