Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Playoff bound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Lions Playoff bound Reply with quote

Pittsburgh was 6-10 in the 2003 Season, which shows if you have a good draft anything is possible.

In fact, the Lions are going to have the same amount of money as they did last year to sign free agents.

at Dallas Cowboys Texas Stadium L 31-21 (4-3) -10 points
WASHINGTON REDSKINS Ford Field L 17-10 (4-4) -7 points
at Jacksonville Jaguars Alltel Stadium L 23-17 OT (4-5) -6 points
at Minnesota Vikings Metrodome L 22-19 (4-6) -3 points
at Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field L 16-13 (5-8 -3 points
MINNESOTA VIKINGS Ford Field L 28-27 (5-9) -1 point
at Tennessee Titans The Coliseum L 24-19 (6-10) -5 points

If the Lions would have won these games they'd be 13-3 and everyboby would have loved'em.

http://www.bestfantasyfootball.com

Your source for NFL Football News
amaru0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fun stat:

Joey Harringtons average game through those 7 losses was 19-36 for 213 yards with one TD and one INT. In games that close, your QB has got to be better than that. Granted, it wasn't always his fault (Minnesota extra point), but he hasn't showed the poise of a true champion when he needed it.
A2Wolves6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point:

Why is Harrington averaging throwing the ball 36 times?! Why aren't we runnning the ball?
Footballs Future member #10
KJonesISsweet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: KJ Reply with quote

yeah next year i guarantee we run the ball s'more cuz Kevin will lead the NFC in yards and get elected pro bowl STARTER 2000+ yards
amaru0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2000 is a stretch, people know him now and they know we're going to use the crap out of him. If he stays healthy and we get a decent passing game to keep the D honest, it might happen.
USNinc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones had 1,100 yards. Why not aim for 1,300? 2,000 is only asking for heart ache.
GoLions17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2000+ is a huge stretch. But a run game is a struggling quarterbacks best friend so id hope for 1500+
KJonesISsweet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i was feelin confident at the time. Id say 1500
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit wasn't running the ball b/c KJ was hurt for large parts of the season and the defense was giving up early scores.

bryant and pinner were poor substitutes at best.

this let defenses key on harrington who had exactly WHO to throw to? Williams was great But hurt AND a rook...rodgers out with his paper mache skeleton that left powerhouses az hakim and tai streets shouldering the load?

come on people the fact that harrington DID toss for over 200 and 1 td and 1 int was actually quite remarkable.

it starts with staying healthy .. IF kj isn't brittle IF williams and rodgers can play even 14 of 16 games this next year, harrington and the offense will take care of itself.
amaru0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't matter who he was throwing at, he was missing them. I'm not talking numbers here, I'm talking balls thrown in the dirt or over heads, leading too far or throwing behind receivers. and yes, the running game did not start off that hot, but there was no change in Harringtons performance when it got better, so you can't blame it on that.
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take the stretch where williams was hurt and kj was hurt. you going to argue that a qb's confidence is a non factor? who did he have confidence to toss the pill to?

i'm not completely on joey's JS i think this year he really needs to turn the corner..but cut the guy some slack....the last thing Detroit needs is a change at that position.
goblue42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no doubt that after another high draft and an addition or two in free agency that the Lions should win the north and make the playoffs. The biggest key is we have to stay healthy above everything else. For starters, Charles Rogers must play an entire season. Him and Roy along with Kevin Jones really gives us a bonified offensive attack! The pieces are in place providing we address our weaknesses at safety get a # 3 wr and get a guard and tackle. The biggest questionmark is at qb. I am not thrilled with Harrington in the least and if he at the helm again next year then he must progress substantially from last year. With a stronger supporting cast he should be able to do so but I am leary that he will ever be the guy. Hasselback is a possibilty or even keeping McMahan I would endorse so if Joey falters McMahan would finally get a chance, ecspcially with the vertical game being emphazied next year!. His arm is twice that of Harringtons and I think is accuracy will get better with playing time. He probably will leave via free acency but regardless the qb spot is going to be the key along with our health to see if we can finally get over the hump!
amaru0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love nothing more than to keep McMahon, but there is no way he sticks around if Harrington is still here. He knows, and has said, that with the money invested in Harrington, he'll never get a fair shot. I did, by the way, love the spirit he showed when he made those comments. I think if Mike had gotten the snaps Joey has in the last 3 years, he'd be much farther along. He's got one more year in the league, yet he's younger.... I wish we could keep him!
MrBest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: dawgsfan Knows his stuff! Reply with quote

dawgsfan wrote:

it starts with staying healthy .. IF kj isn't brittle IF williams and rodgers can play even 14 of 16 games this next year, harrington and the offense will take care of itself.

Dawgsfan, I can tell you know football. Seems like everyone only sees what others tell them. But true football analysts can see other things within a game, not just the incompletions but WHY it was incomplete.

We both know Harrington has his faults, but I think true analysts like ourselves can see more than the average beer drinking fan.

http://www.bestfantasyfootball.com

Your source for NFL Football News
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey now! i drink a lot of beer!

thanks though.

Detroit and UGA is my wheelhouse, packers somewhat as well. If we were discussing what the cardinals need to do to improve...i'd be pretty lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: