You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

cards want for boldin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
northernpackfan


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 2067
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo-Raider wrote:
Given how much the Cowboys paid for Roy Williams I think this make sense, and they'll probably get it.


Stonewalljacksn9 wrote:
The trade value for a #1 WR was set too high when Dallas spent a 1st and 3rd on Roy Williams. That's the market value like it or not. The Cardinals know that and they'll want the same value the Lions got. I doubt anyone would argue that Williams is a better WR than Boldin so that market value shouldn't come down.


I haven't read anywhere that Dallas set the bar. Everything I've heard and read is that JJ spent way too much on a band-aid that didn't stop the bleeding.

Al Davis overpays every year, but doesn't set the bar for trades and salaries. I'm sure everyone in the NFL knows what fair market value is, and what Jones paid, isn't it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northernpackfan


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 2067
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
HA!

For a #2 who's been unable to play more than 3 quarters of a season? Good luck with that. Laughing

You aren't seriously knocking the guy for missing weeks 5 & 6 this year, are you? The guy needed surgery to reconstruct his face, and only missed 2 games! I can't speak for the other injuries, but don't count the two weeks mid-season!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buckrock101


Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 31274
Location: Sudden Valley
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
HA!

For a #2 who's been unable to play more than 3 quarters of a season? Good luck with that. Laughing


You mean for a top 10, arguably top 5 wideout in the league?

I'd say that's a pretty cheap price.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 24292
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
HA!

For a #2 who's been unable to play more than 3 quarters of a season? Good luck with that. Laughing

You mean for a top 10, arguably top 5 wideout in the league?

I'd say that's a pretty cheap price.

Boldin is really starting to get overrated on this forum.

I find it amazing people are saying he's worth what the Cards are asking for... Confused

I'd give up the 28th overall pick for him. AND THAT IS IT.
_________________

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawkins20


Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Posts: 4385
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to give up #28 and a 3rd for him but #21, a 3rd, and a 5th seems a little pricey

not to mention he's gunna want some big a$$ money too Sad

maybe it is a better idea to go with Houshyamamma...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northernpackfan


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 2067
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Like I said, I DO want Philly to pick up another WR but I DO NOT want them to go overboard trying to acquire one. I'd be happy drafting someone like Kenny Britt 28th overall.

You can't seriously think Britt will have half the impact that Boldin will have! Britt will take a couple of years to develop to his full potential, and could very easily bust like so many WRs do when they hit the pros. McNabb, Westbrook, both starting tackles, both starting corners, Parker, and Dawkins are all at least 7 years into their careers, and can't wait another couple of years for a WR to develop. Your decision-making must be clouded by the rare rookie success Jackson had.

As a side, Boldin's ability to go over the middle and get YAC, would be the perfect complement to Jackson's speed. It would allow Jackson to focus primarily on his deep patterns, much like a previous Viking fan was posting about Berrian.

The key pieces to winning a SB won't come cheap. They don't come along very often, but when they do, you have to move on them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buckrock101


Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 31274
Location: Sudden Valley
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Boldin is really starting to get overrated on this forum.


No they aren't.

The guy was 8th in the league in receptions and had the 2nd most TD receptions in the league, while missing a couple of games. The problem is that Larry Fitzgerald outplayed him in the playoffs, so people forgot how good Boldin was in the regular season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butter273


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 700
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: core Reply with quote

xmike609x wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
HA!

For a #2 who's been unable to play more than 3 quarters of a season? Good luck with that. Laughing


You know deep down in your heart of hearts you would love to have him on your team.


Not to mention Boldin is a #1 who is just playing #2 because he plays with another top 5 WR.


You meen the best WR in the NFL
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26321
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
HA!

For a #2 who's been unable to play more than 3 quarters of a season? Good luck with that. Laughing


You know deep down in your heart of hearts you would love to have him on your team.


Coming from a guy who's best WR is McCareins? Wink

I dont think they will get that much for him IMO. He's been exposed as a #2 and he's also exposed as a locker room cancer.

Should've dealt him back during week 6.

Oh, and desean#1 you need a link or Webby will lock this thread
Laughing Laughing Laughing Please. Locker room cancer? Not even close. He loves all his teammates, and all his teammates love him. He hates the front office. Because they made him a promise to give him a bigger contract and they didn't. As far as a number 2, really? Just because there's an amazing WR opposite of him doesn't make him a number 2. If he's on any team besides the Cards, Patriots, Texans, Lions or maybe Panthers, then he's the number 1 WR. It's not his fault he's a top 7 WR but his teammate is a top 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northernpackfan


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 2067
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
HA!

For a #2 who's been unable to play more than 3 quarters of a season? Good luck with that. Laughing

You mean for a top 10, arguably top 5 wideout in the league?

I'd say that's a pretty cheap price.

Boldin is really starting to get overrated on this forum.

I find it amazing people are saying he's worth what the Cards are asking for... Confused

I'd give up the 28th overall pick for him. AND THAT IS IT.


Then the Eagles would be outbid, and would once again, lack the weapons needed to win the NFC, let alone the SB. The Eagles have so many aging pieces, they need to act now or their window will close very quickly.

Please don't cheap out. I'm tired of watching Reid, McNabb and Westbrook fall short year after year. They deserve better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 24292
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Boldin is really starting to get overrated on this forum.


No they aren't.

The guy was 8th in the league in receptions and had the 2nd most TD receptions in the league, while missing a couple of games. The problem is that Larry Fitzgerald outplayed him in the playoffs, so people forgot how good Boldin was in the regular season.

Bottom line:

A 28 year old WR who's had injury issues throughout his entire career is not worth a mid first round pick plus more.

That's how teams dig themselves a hole. Essentially giving up several future solid starters just so they can reach for a big name.

If other teams want to take the Jerry Jones approach, be my guest. Most organizations are smarter than that.
_________________

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBrown86


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 23114
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernpackfan wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
HA!

For a #2 who's been unable to play more than 3 quarters of a season? Good luck with that. Laughing

You mean for a top 10, arguably top 5 wideout in the league?

I'd say that's a pretty cheap price.

Boldin is really starting to get overrated on this forum.

I find it amazing people are saying he's worth what the Cards are asking for... Confused

I'd give up the 28th overall pick for him. AND THAT IS IT.


Then the Eagles would be outbid, and would once again, lack the weapons needed to win the NFC, let alone the SB. The Eagles have so many aging pieces, they need to act now or their window will close very quickly.

Please don't cheap out. I'm tired of watching Reid, McNabb and Westbrook fall short year after year. They deserve better.


I'll pay you to go whack the Eagles Front Office members each in the face.

We have always felt this way toward the subject at hand. Therefore, this year, we are preparing for nothing since we don't want another big let-down yet again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 24292
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernpackfan wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
HA!

For a #2 who's been unable to play more than 3 quarters of a season? Good luck with that. Laughing

You mean for a top 10, arguably top 5 wideout in the league?

I'd say that's a pretty cheap price.

Boldin is really starting to get overrated on this forum.

I find it amazing people are saying he's worth what the Cards are asking for... Confused

I'd give up the 28th overall pick for him. AND THAT IS IT.


Then the Eagles would be outbid, and would once again, lack the weapons needed to win the NFC, let alone the SB. The Eagles have so many aging pieces, they need to act now or their window will close very quickly.

Please don't cheap out. I'm tired of watching Reid, McNabb and Westbrook fall short year after year. They deserve better.

Are these WRs going to play defense and kick field goals and extra points too?

Yeah, it was painful watching the season end due to a dropped pass but people seem to key only on Philly's WRs. Watching our running game late in the year, especially in the playoffs, was painful. David Akers sucks. How do you miss a field goal and extra point in a playoff game? Philly was one defensive stop away from the Super Bowl. The D had a very bad game.

It's more than WR. In order to be successful you have to build depth and bring in youth at certain positions. Not giving up your future on a big name player.
_________________

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 24292
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernpackfan wrote:
You can't seriously think Britt will have half the impact that Boldin will have! Britt will take a couple of years to develop to his full potential, and could very easily bust like so many WRs do when they hit the pros.

No, I don't expect him to make the same impact as Boldin. We lack a big possession WR and I'd hope for him to become solid. I'd also like Philly to draft quality players at other positions. Britt very well could be a bust. He may not be. Who knows?

northernpackfan wrote:
McNabb, Westbrook, both starting tackles, both starting corners, Parker, and Dawkins are all at least 7 years into their careers, and can't wait another couple of years for a WR to develop. Your decision-making must be clouded by the rare rookie success Jackson had.

You must not be aware that Philly's starting D is one of the youngest in the league. Parker sucks and won't be starting next year. It will be Abiamiri. I don't believe any of their front seven will be over 26. This "window" people keep talking about is getting really annoying.

RBs are a dime a dozen and that will be addressed in the draft. As for our tackles, you're saying that rather than addressing that in the draft, we should give those picks away and reach for a big name WR? Are you serious?

northernpackfan wrote:
As a side, Boldin's ability to go over the middle and get YAC, would be the perfect complement to Jackson's speed. It would allow Jackson to focus primarily on his deep patterns, much like a previous Viking fan was posting about Berrian.

Yes, he would be a good compliment... And so would some other guys.

northernpackfan wrote:
The key pieces to winning a SB won't come cheap. They don't come along very often, but when they do, you have to move on them.

But you shouldn't risk throwing away your future on a skill player that's frequently injured. That's just idiotic.
_________________

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dasg


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 3530
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: cards want for boldin Reply with quote

desean#1 wrote:
i just heard it on the radio that there asking for

A.1st pick under 20 and a 3rd

A.1st pick 3rd and a 5th


Laughing thats waaaay to much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group