Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Week 7 Review Reply with quote

Chiefs 30, Dolphins 20

Excellent work by our KC Chiefs. I am extremely impressed and pleased. You could see the offense really starting to click. I thought Boerigter played very well in place of Sammi Parker. I kinda hope when Parker returns.. that he returns to play the slot. The offensive line looked good and everything was clicking right from the get-go with that long opening drive for a TD !

On defense, Surtain made his biggest impact with his coverage and a couple of really good tackles. The defense created turnovers again.. and Jared Allen continued his stellar play. Eric Hicks also stepped up big. Sammy Knight was around the ball as usual and Warfield got to play some.

Tynes and Colquitt were both excellent in the kicking game. I think Colquitt's draft pick has been validated and it's only week 7. That guy was a defensive pick and he has helped alot !

Take away a couple of drive killing penalties in the 1st half and some special teams penalties and this game would have been a blowout !

That is where I'd like to see the improvement next week. The mental errors. We need to clean up the drive killing penalties on offense and stop making mistakes in our return game. San Diego will not be so nice to allow us these missed opportunities and not punish us for them.

We should be rested and ready. The players got Sat, Sun, and Mon all for off days. The coaches have had extra time to prepare. Big Game .. Big Game..
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarcusAllen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, although it seems like a good thing to be well rested it does screw up routine....on the other hand the chiefs did fly in the EXACT same day they played which obviously isnt routine because no team has ever done it. I think the chiefs have really worked hard to make their team not all offense and no defense. The whole team is evening out to a great looking group of players. Many years ago cheifs had one of the best defenses in the league, lets see if they can repeat history.Oh ya, and thank you Philly and New York Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: