Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chad is on the trading block?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazkal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Chad is on the trading block? Reply with quote

Quote:
What you can bet on is that if the Bengals lose Houshmandzadeh, they'll pursue a veteran receiver and have a long pause before they trade fellow wideout Chad Ocho Cinco. Houshmandzadeh told some media outlets Monday that The Ocho is on the trade block. But he also said that doesn't mean he's going anywhere.

"You have to find out what you can get for him?" he asked. "So, yeah. He could be back."

Graham

If they do trade The Ocho, Houshmandzadeh wondered aloud, "Then they're going to be like the other teams in the division. Great defense. No mistakes on offense. Have a $100 million quarterback hand off."

From bengals.com
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Chad is on the trading block? Reply with quote

Kazkal wrote:
Quote:
What you can bet on is that if the Bengals lose Houshmandzadeh, they'll pursue a veteran receiver and have a long pause before they trade fellow wideout Chad Ocho Cinco. Houshmandzadeh told some media outlets Monday that The Ocho is on the trade block. But he also said that doesn't mean he's going anywhere.

"You have to find out what you can get for him?" he asked. "So, yeah. He could be back."

Graham

If they do trade The Ocho, Houshmandzadeh wondered aloud, "Then they're going to be like the other teams in the division. Great defense. No mistakes on offense. Have a $100 million quarterback hand off."

From bengals.com

His agent has already said that he contact every team in the NFL letting them know his clients (TO, Boldin, and Ocho) were available. I don't believe any of it until I see it. But it will be interesting to see Carson throwing to a whole new group next year if that is the case. If we move Chad, I hope we get a guy like Jason Brown or Jordan Gross, and/or a linebacker in FA and get a receiver like Nicks in round 2.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Kazkal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya if we could sign a solid Vet I would be happy with the youth movement because more likely means theyll be leaning towards more running the ball.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazkal wrote:
Ya if we could sign a solid Vet I would be happy with the youth movement because more likely means theyll be leaning towards more running the ball.

I don't know what vet is out there that is really worth signing......as for running the ball that is not a bad idea as long as we get a RB on our roster and improve our O line, but whats the point of having a guy like Carson if you are just going to run the ball...I think we need at least 1 weapon for him to throw to...I honestly hope we keep Chad with Housh gone and give Caldwell a chance at the 2 spot

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At his point, I don't care if both Chad and Housh leave. The Bengals have athletes and I think they could make a difference. I also think that with protection Carson is good enough to elevate his receivers.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Bengals Backer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At his point, I don't care if both Chad and Housh leave. The Bengals have athletes and I think they could make a difference. I also think that with protection Carson is good enough to elevate his receivers.

I've got to agree with The Duke on this one. If we get a good running game to go with Carson our O will be tough to stop.

Thanks Sportboy86 for the sig.
2009 AFC North Champions!
BuckeyeBengal77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Housh didnt want to stay, so let him go do his thing. People are forgetting that we will still have weapons, granted some may be untested and unreliable at times. Hopefully Chad stays and returns to true #1 form. Then there is Chris Henry who really came on late last season, but we never know if he will be in uniform. Caldwell is another guy that showed he had skills and will be a vital part of the passing attack this season, taking the short routes and seeing what he can make of them. The wild card is Simpson, he is athletic we all know that, but can he put all the little things together. He needs to grow up fast in our offense. There are also the possibility of FA and rookie wide outs coming in to help. I didnt go over every guy but I still believe we will have a solid receiving core. Throwing in guys like Utech and Coats from the H-back will also help. And like many of us have said it may be just as important to bring in a solid 3rd down back to dump the ball to. Watson and Perry dont seem to be the answer there anymore. Stay positive.

GangGreen64 on the Sig

Bengals - 4. Green - Fairley - Peterson
35. Mallet (A little free fall?)
CincyCracker9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

i completely agree...addition by subtraction- it's been beaten to death, but it is a fact: chad is a distraction to the team, especially the offense. and carson, if healthy, will no doubt make his WRs better. trade chad, sign mike furrey, all forgotten...
ncaa: u. cincy/ u. tennessee
ADOPT-A-BENGAL:
a.j. green- 19catches, 312yds, 2 TDs
jonathan fanene- 13 tackles, 2.0 sacks
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Henry while we're at it and let Carson start over with "his guys" Caldwell, a FA like Furrey, Simpson, and maybe draft a WR with a pick we could get from trading Chad. Sign Furry, trade chad for a 2nd, use that 2nd to draft Nicks to replace CJ

Caldwell
Furry
Simpson
Nicks

I'd feel pretty good going forward with those 4. Sure there would be some growing pains, but long term i'd like that a lot.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few receivers I think who could possibly be in the 2nd round for us are:

Nicks
Heyward-Bey
Possibly even Harvin

I think either of those 3 would be good picks. Harvin would give us a home run threat we really have not had....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: