You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Brett Favre admits he is angry at Packers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: QB Brett Favre admits he is angry at Packers Reply with quote

Quote:
In an exclusive interview with ESPN's Ed Werder, QB Brett Favre talked at length about his divorce from the Green Bay Packers, the team he had quarterbacked for 16 seasons, including a 13-3 season and a trip to the NFC Championship game in 2007. After the game, Favre said he got the feeling the Packers didn't want him back. "Crickets," he said of the postseason silence coming from Green Bay.

"They didn't tell me anything." Eventually, he thought he was going to be traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a team which played against the Packers in Week 4 of the 2008 season. "[The] most disappointing thing is, 'We don't want you play here and we don't want you play certain teams,' " Favre said. "That made me mad. If not good enough play here let me play against you and if I'm not that good don't worry about it. That's what angered me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3905730&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I actually understand him, its must of been hard for him to know the Packers didn't want him and certain teams he wanted to go to were not allowed to trade for him, he probably felt trap... its understandable.
Tom Brady Tribute
BucsWin09

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw that! Thanks Packers for not trading him to my team...I dont want to invest in him and him retire the next year. Thanks again.

Thanks to eggybucsfan31 for the sig
I believe in Josh Freeman! In Freeman We Trust
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't Favre just go off quietly into the night so we can remember him for the great QB he was and not the sniveling little girl he turned into in his last two seasons? I mean I really want to like this guy and honor his greatness 5 years from now but I am just so tired of his mug on every major sports outlet. I don't want to despise him but I can't control my anger towards him. It's like he says these things and does these interviews because he loves seeing himself on ESPN every 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na I totally understand where Brett Favre is coming from. They were so terrified of facing him because they knew what would have happened. If they had Favre's best interest in mind they would have allowed him to go to Tampa. They were not in the Packers division and they ran a version of the West Coast Offense, which he is familiar with. The Jets were not a good fit for him because they didn't run the WCO.

THey sure as hell wasn't going to let him go to the Vikes, which I totally understand but they should have at least let him go to any team outside of the division.

I am sure it will be a long time before Brett's wounds will heel. I don't expect to see him at a Packers function for a very very long time.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre is still one of my favorite players of all time but this is ridiculous, he retired, and the team moved on.

It had nothing to do with how good he was or wasn't. It had to do with the fact that he expected the organization to do nothing for months while he sat on his tractor and mulled over his future.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre is 100% correct. The way the Packer handled trading Favre was trash. If you dont think he is good enough to start for you, who cares where you trade him too. I am glad the Packers didnt get a 1st or 2nd round pick out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo-hoo

Shouldn't have retired. Then came back. That's feminine of him to not make up his mind.
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion Favre played the "I might retire" card one too many times and it came back to bite him in the butt.

The Packers owned his rights and can do what they want with those rights. They traded him because they knew it was time to move on and if trading him to the Jets meant they wouldnt risk losing to him during the regular season then it makes sense in my opinion.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Favre gonna do, go into the HOF as a Jet? A Falcon?

Sure, it gets a little personal when you win a SB with a team and become the heart and soul of the franchise. But like IrishDolfan said, Favre held his right to retire over the GB front office and put them in a bad positions too many times. Favre deserved whatever fate the Packers decided to give him.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
bkobow05 wrote:
Ban playmaker iyam imo fwiw.
GFalcon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick wall hes digging himself in a hole

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
hawk050

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris, we all need you on this one!

Favre retired once.... Then the Packers convinced him to come back. He said he was going to come back and TT and MM scheduled a press conference to report that he is coming back. Two days before that press conference he said he was going to stay retired. The THIRD time he said he changed his mind the Packers said we have moved on.

How in the world is this one on the Packers organization? Just because Rodgers was better than Favre didnt mean Favre wasnt better than Kitna, Orton, or Jackson/Frerotte. They moved on after you changed your mind three times! TT was smarter than Favre on this one. Favre thought he could get what he wanted but thats not happening when you have....

the wizard running things!

^^^Packerbacker87
palmy50 wrote:
The fact it's so tight is just a plus.

Last edited by hawk050 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hilit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre has destroyed all good feeling I ever had to him with his display these last few years.

His on the field legacy is still intact but he's gone from the charismatic everyman to boo hooing annoyance.

He RETIRED. The fact the Packers moved on and then didn't want him back shouldn't have came as any shock. That he thought he could just waltz back into camp and be handed the job again is pathetic.

milesles wrote:
Regulate wrote:
Of course Favre is gonna play this Sunday..He is the definition of Man

Did he text you a pic?
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:

Wait a year or two and then sign a one day contract with the Vikings and retire as one.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

Wait a year or two and then sign a one day contract with the Vikings and retire as one.

he has two years left on his contract.
SpyderGB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre did it to himself and needs to shut his mouth.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: