You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals not likely to tag Houshmandzadeh
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Bengals not likely to tag Houshmandzadeh Reply with quote

Quote:
Bengals free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh could be playing elsewhere next season. Indications are that Cincinnati won’t be able to keep him off the open market, an NFL source said Thursday.

Quote:
Cincinnati could apply the franchise tag on Houshmandzadeh, 31, to restrict his ability to leave, but it does not appear they plan to do so. Franchising Houshmandzadeh would cost them $9.88 million against the 2009 salary cap. Houshmandzadeh also told the Dayton Daily News that he would boycott offseason workouts and be unhappy if the team designated him with the franchise tag.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/12/bengals-not-likely-to-tag-houshmandzadeh/
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb move. I would take Housh over Chad Johnson any day simply because Housh isn't a head case. Keep Housh and do your best to get rid of Johnson.
BucsWin09

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letting Chad go would be dumb...bigger cap hit. Why do everyone hate him all of a sudden. He does the same antics in the games when the Bengals were winning but all of a sudden when they lose those are not allowed? I dont get it.

Thanks to eggybucsfan31 for the sig
I believe in Josh Freeman! In Freeman We Trust
RickyG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Dumb move. I would take Housh over Chad Johnson any day simply because Housh isn't a head case. Keep Housh and do your best to get rid of Johnson.

Housh doesn't want to stay in Cincy.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyG wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Housh doesn't want to stay in Cincy.

Does Chad? I'm just saying, if I had to get rid of one of them I would get rid of the jerk over the steady pro, no matter how talented that jerk is.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could come to Minnesota and be the #1 WR opposite of Bernard Berrian. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come to Seahawks baby!!!
Stonewalljacksn9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard of Fox Sports Radio that Cincy will try to sign T.J. to a long term deal before Feb. 27th, the start of free agency, but will NOT franchise him if that does not come to pass. Not a smart move in my opinion. At least try a sign and trade. Worse case scenario you have to keep a quality NFL WR for a year, oh darn.
jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stonewalljacksn9 wrote:
Just heard of Fox Sports Radio that Cincy will try to sign T.J. to a long term deal before Feb. 27th, the start of free agency, but will NOT franchise him if that does not come to pass. Not a smart move in my opinion. At least try a sign and trade. Worse case scenario you have to keep a quality NFL WR for a year, oh darn.

Why would he sign? That's even dumber. Then, they should just franchise him. I doubt he would sign a contract with them. It seems like he just wants to get out as quick as possible, and I don't blame him.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Housh wants out, and the Bengals should let him go
Hilit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why T.J is so desired by teams? He's going to be 32 next season and even with Carsons big arm did nothing but catch short stuff.

He's a reliable target but not a number 1 reciever and might only be a number 2 for a couple more years.

milesles wrote:
Regulate wrote:
Of course Favre is gonna play this Sunday..He is the definition of Man

Did he text you a pic?
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilit wrote:
I don't get why T.J is so desired by teams? He's going to be 32 next season and even with Carsons big arm did nothing but catch short stuff.

He's a reliable target but not a number 1 reciever and might only be a number 2 for a couple more years.

+1

I have pretty low confidence in him as a #1 receiver. I don't think he'll be very successful at it.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilit wrote:

Because, elite WR's are not exactly easy to find. There are very few in this league, and they require a multiple picks being used. With TJ, all you need is moolah. On the right team, he can be a #1. He still has many years left because it's not speed that he relies on.
jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Hilit wrote:

+1

I have pretty low confidence in him as a #1 receiver. I don't think he'll be very successful at it.

I am hoping the Eagles either take Boldin or Housh. If we get Housh, he is a great possession receiver that complements a speedy, deep threat in Jackson, and then you put Curtis in the slot, and that will work well, IMO. Give us Housh, and you will see his 2006-2007 seasons reincarnate.
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty dumb IMO. They could tag and trade him. I dont think they would have a problem finding someone to trade for him if he was willing to do a sign and trade.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: