You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints LB Dan Morgan reinstated by the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir_Purrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
If he's actually healthy then I wish him the best, he is a good backer. But with his history of concussions I am scared that his brain is going to turn to mush if he gets whacked again. And once you have a concussion the odds of having another, and another increase exponentially.

Well, that's the thing about Morgan. He initiates most of the contact and all the contact on his concussions came from him delivering the blow. He .... plays with a reckless abandon, which suites his athletic ability perfectly, but not his health. Panthers fans have been through this sooo many times. He gets hurt (concussion or whatever) sits the rest of the season out, then comes back at OTA's and TC and he looks a million dollars. He even says he "feels" a million dollars. He's always felt that way after coming back from an injury. His history is against him. Wether it's a concussion or not. It wasn't a concussion that drove him from the game last time. It was a torn ACL. He's had separated shoulders, concussions, groin tear, he's just a mad man on the field who doesn't play with any kind of controlled fury. While that's respectable as hell, it will ultimately lead to his career being shortend before it's time. Good Luck Dan the Man.... Sad
RBrown86

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he gets a little PT and paid a decent salary. The guy used to be a disruptive force at MLB, and certainly the career of an NFL player has taken his toll on him. I hope that the concussions weren't as serious, and that he gets his shot again. You can't deny his heart or passion for the game, and here is hoping that he stays healthy!
boston9089

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan has even used the special "concussion" helmets and still got one. He even bought one of those big body chambers that helps you stay healthier and heal faster, yet he still got injured.

I even supported the panthers letting Spoon go to keep Morgan, but his time is up. He needs to end it on his note, not on an ER table.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is smart given his injury history

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BathBengal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should make the decision when he leaves football. He probably those there are health risks but if he wants to play football he should be allowed to. When a guy joins the military everyone knows the risks, but if that's what you want to do you should do it. Regardless of what anyone else thinks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan morgan was a beast when he was healthy IMO he was one of the best linebackers in the league when healthy. does anybody remember the game he had in the superbowl when the panthers played the pats? it was some crazy number like 23 tackles? while i think its not the smartest move for him to come back its his choice if he wants to play and i wish him the best i hope he can stay healthy and play all year and be the comeback player of the year it would be a hell of a story.....
Pookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“Yes, I know I’ve had some concussions,” Morgan recently told ESPN. “But I think the public has kind of blown that out of proportion. They don’t know my exact situation. My concussions weren’t severe. I never had the bad headaches or the memory loss that they talk about in those studies. I’ve seen all those studies and talked about them at length with my doctors and I feel good about the situation.

“Believe me, I have three young children and if I were at all concerned about this, I wouldn’t be going back on the field.”

Quote:
“I feel better than I have at any point since before my rookie season in the NFL,” Morgan said. “I’ve been working out very hard and I feel great. Last year, I was down in New Orleans and I was coming off shoulder problems and my wife was pregnant with our third child and back in Charlotte. It just didn’t feel like the right place or the right time and I made the decision to retire. But the year off has refreshed me and I’m very anxious to get back out there.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/panthers/story/537905.html
milesles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he took plenty of roids during all this time off... maybe he'll win comeback player of the year.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a guy decides to put his personal life on the line for his dream; there's no ifs, ands or buts. If Dan Morgan wants to play the game he loves and really desires to do so, who are any of you to say he should reconsider or not do it.

Good luck Dan-O!

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: