Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Coaching Search (Adam Gase and Frank Reich 1st up)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Bills Coaching Search (Adam Gase and Frank Reich 1st up) Reply with quote

Noticed we don't have this thread yet. First up to interview is Adam Gase. One of the most popular names being brought up among teams. Has 4 interviews set up.
Code:

Last edited by marshawn lynch on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about him. I'm just always weary of Manning's OCs. Manning is the OC.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
I don't know much about him. I'm just always weary of Manning's OCs. Manning is the OC.

Could be a good thing... Manning is a knowledgeable player obviously and I'm sure some of that knowledge rubbed off on him. I hate when people use elite QBs as a excuse for coaching jobs... I'm sure coaches know more when working with elite qbs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:

Could be a good thing... Manning is a knowledgeable player obviously and I'm sure some of that knowledge rubbed off on him. I hate when people use elite QBs as a excuse for coaching jobs... I'm sure coaches know more when working with elite qbs

Fair argument. I just wish he had success in the past with a QB who wasn't a lock for Canton!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:

Maybe Gase will be an exception, but look at the track records of guys who were OCs for Manning or Brady.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:

Maybe Gase will be an exception, but look at the track records of guys who were OCs for Manning or Brady.

Mike McCoy and Jim Caldwell are both doing pretty well... Both were Mannings offensive coordinators at one point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Jor Buscaglia Reich, Schwartz and Dan Quinn will get consideration too.

Quote:
Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 2h 2 hours ago
Seattle DC Dan Quinn and current #Bills DC Jim Schwartz might be two names to keep an eye on for interviews in addition to Gase and Reich

Last edited by Trentwannabe on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Graham reporting we have mutual interest in Rex Ryan but nothin scheduled yet.

Quote:
Tim Graham @ByTimGraham 2h 2 hours ago
I'm told the Bills have interest in speaking with Rex Ryan about their opening. Nothing scheduled as of now.

I would love this. I loved him with the jets minus it being the jets. He is a defensive genious and would have a field day with our guys. If he can get Trestman or Chud or someone at OC we'd be golden.

His ego alone, you know he'd want to be the guy that brought Buffalo back to the playoffs and took down Belicheat and his old team while doing so.

Last edited by Trentwannabe on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bills GM Doug Whaley met with Terry Pegula yesterday to formulate a plan of attack. Interviews being scheduled.

Quote:
NFL source confirms the #Bills have asked permission from #Chargers to interview OC Frank Reich for head-coaching job. Date not set yet.

Whaley will head the coaching search, and we will be interviewing Reich.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Bills have requested HC interviews with Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, Broncos OC Adam Gase, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Seahawks DC Dan Quinn.

Whaley doing his homework on everyone. I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no to Josh McDaniels. Cool with those other candidates though.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDaniels would demand too much power, would never happen. If it did I wouldn't watch till he got fired.

Dan Quinn would be a great hire.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
McDaniels would demand too much power, would never happen. If it did I wouldn't watch till he got fired.

Only defensive minded coach I wanna hire is Schwartz... If not he will probably be let go and new HC would bring his own DC to run his scheme.

McDaniels I think was just to young first go around... I think he will be much better suited now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Only defensive minded coach I wanna hire is Schwartz... If not he will protect be let go andknew HC would bring his own DC to run his scheme.

McDaniels I think was just to young first go around... I think he will be much better suited now

I agree about McDaniels. He won't be asking for power, he's learned he can't just run things his way without having success. Not sure he's a good fit here but he'll be better 2nd time around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Only defensive minded coach I wanna hire is Schwartz... If not he will protect be let go andknew HC would bring his own DC to run his scheme.

I agree about McDaniels. He won't be asking for power, he's learned he can't just run things his way without having success. Not sure he's a good fit here but he'll be better 2nd time around.
it's not even the power that I care about.

It's the fact that he's trash that I care about. Laughing His offense is garbage. Statistically it looks good but, schematically it's garbage.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: