Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Fred on his way out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Is Fred on his way out? Reply with quote

I'll be honest with you, I can see a situation where Freddy gets traded because of Spiller's recent success. If you think about it he is getting older, and he is unhappy with his contract.

I love Freddy to death, but with Nix in charge, I could see this happening.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt it we played our best football with Freddy in the Backfield

DIE HARD BUFFALO BILLS FAN
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucs99 wrote:
I highly doubt it we played our best football with Freddy in the Backfield

This. I can see him leaving as a free agent, but I cannot see any way in which we trade Freddy.
joutman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: jackson Reply with quote

I have been wondering for awhile if it made sense to sign him to a long term contract. It might be best to move him and get something for him especially with Spiller emerging.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this too. Fred is not Gailey's guy, and with Spiller playing better, I could definitely see us moving him.

I said some time ago that it wouldn't surprise me to hear Trent Richardson's name announced as our pick. I still think it's very possible we trade Fred and draft Trent.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
billzz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we still have him for another year.. give him a slight raise so he hushes up, then let him walk. Spiller will be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be absolutely BAFFLED if they trade Fred. To me, it makes no sense. Going into this week, Fred was STILL 7th in the NFL in YAC lol. Not to mention, he left the 2011 season with MVP caliber numbers, and was leading the league in rushing. Having Fred and CJ together will be a great problem if you can figure out a way to keep both of them on the field as much as possible. With both of their receiving skills, it can be done. We need to become geared more towards a run mentality. 11 times this year, we failed to give our lead back more than 20 carries. In those 11 times, we had our lead back go over 100 yards 4 times lol (3 Fred, 1 CJ). Give them the ball when they're hot, that's all there is to it. Don't go away from what is working. Between these two, we should be able to take care of business, but it always seems that we get away from the run late in games. This could also have to do with the fact we're playing from behind, so we're throwing quite a bit. Give Fred what he wants, because he deserves it. Sign him to a 2 year extension and give the dude the money he's earned.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
I would be absolutely BAFFLED if they trade Fred. To me, it makes no sense. Going into this week, Fred was STILL 7th in the NFL in YAC lol. Not to mention, he left the 2011 season with MVP caliber numbers, and was leading the league in rushing. Having Fred and CJ together will be a great problem if you can figure out a way to keep both of them on the field as much as possible. With both of their receiving skills, it can be done. We need to become geared more towards a run mentality. 11 times this year, we failed to give our lead back more than 20 carries. In those 11 times, we had our lead back go over 100 yards 4 times lol (3 Fred, 1 CJ). Give them the ball when they're hot, that's all there is to it. Don't go away from what is working. Between these two, we should be able to take care of business, but it always seems that we get away from the run late in games. This could also have to do with the fact we're playing from behind, so we're throwing quite a bit. Give Fred what he wants, because he deserves it. Sign him to a 2 year extension and give the dude the money he's earned.

This & This & This! Plus the reason for the 2 year contract (or 3, but no more than that) is to allow us to explore moving him (getting some additional value) that final year if there is a sense he is showing signs of breaking down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mentioned this in the gameday thread on Saturday. I don't want Freddy to be traded but i could definitely see it.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
I would be absolutely BAFFLED if they trade Fred.

Really? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got rid of their best player.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:
I would be absolutely BAFFLED if they trade Fred.

Really? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got rid of their best player.

Exactly. Just ask Trent Edwards, Marshawn Lynch, Paul Posluszny, and Lee Evans. I'm not saying that these guys were our best players, but 3 out of the 4 were among our best players, and had significant roles. The problem is, if you aren't "Gailey's guy" there's no guarantee you will be kept around, regardless of your importance to the team.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: