Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philyphreak2127

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo Reply with quote

Was the signing of Tyrod Taylor a good move by the Bills, wishful thinking by Rex Ryan or simply a product of a bare cupboard in free agency? In my personal opinion Taylor is on his way to success finally after playong out his rookie contract as a backup. He is not your average running quarterback in the sense that he is a solid passer as well in 4 seasons despite splitting time for most of two seasons he managed a single season record for passing tds, career records in passing yards, rushing yards and rushing tds. Now he is an offense where his two obstacles are an aging Cassel who has underperformed as of late and Ej Manuel who seems to already be on the roster bubble. The offense is full of talent with LeSean McCoy, Fred Jackson and Bryce Brown as well as a true blocking fullback be it Jerome Felton or John Connor, arguably three great WR's in Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins, and Robert Woods and Charles Clay at tight end. The defense will keep opponents going 3 and out and a ball control/play action centered offense will only further cement Rex Ryan's plan to win the AFC East. I believe Taylor represents their best chance to win, he is a veteran QB who spent years behind Joe Flacco now paired with the same O.C. that helped Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick turn into playoff qbs. Roman also isn't afraid to tweak his offense to the strengths of his quarterback and this will only aid in Taylor's success. I for one am excited to see the competition play out.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has a good chance to start. I like what I'm hearing about him.

At the end of the day I think it will probably be EJ but I could easily see Tyrod beating him and Cassel out in camp.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would Buffalo trade 2 picks for Cassel and then not name the starter?

I keep seeing Taylor's name being brought up as a starter, and I just don't see it. He's a good 3rd string QB for you guys, or maybe a 2nd stringer if Manuel is cut.

Live Free. Think Free. Love Free
Crickett

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

I keep seeing Taylor's name being brought up as a starter, and I just don't see it. He's a good 3rd string QB for you guys, or maybe a 2nd stringer if Manuel is cut.

1. They were not very high picks.
2. Matt Cassel is not a very good quarterback.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

They also recieved a draft pick in return so it was more like 1 pick for a veteran QB who has won games and made the playoffs.

They also did this before free agency began and before Taylor was on the roster.

To the OP; I think Taylor ends up as the starter unless he is absolutely awful and/or one of the other 2 sets themselves apart during camp. Taylor was handpicked by Rex and he's been after him for a while. He is a similar QB to Kaep who Roman had in SF in terms of running the read option and delivering on quick throws so WR can get YAC.

I think Cassel ends up backing up Taylor and Manuel gets cut. I don't hope this happens as I hope EJ has a breakout year and proves a lot of people wrong. I just don't see it.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

They also recieved a draft pick in return so it was more like 1 pick for a veteran QB who has won games and made the playoffs.

They also did this before free agency began and before Taylor was on the roster.

To the OP; I think Taylor ends up as the starter unless he is absolutely awful and/or one of the other 2 sets themselves apart during camp. Taylor was handpicked by Rex and he's been after him for a while. He is a similar QB to Kaep who Roman had in SF in terms of running the read option and delivering on quick throws so WR can get YAC.

I think Cassel ends up backing up Taylor and Manuel gets cut. I don't hope this happens as I hope EJ has a breakout year and proves a lot of people wrong. I just don't see it.
I'd be pretty shocked if Tyrod starts but that is more to do with it just being a surprise to me not anything about his ability. I think and sort of hope Cassel starts, I know he isn't rated highly pretty much anywhere but I believe he's a pretty decent QB and would do well for us this season. As for EJ I think he gets cut or is at least riding the bench, I just don't see how he could improve that much this offseason. He was so poor last season, he sat in the pocket too long(so did Orton), missed throws routinely and just didn't really seem like he did anything overly well.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Thanks Max

Last edited by cdavls17 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article on Taylor...

http://billsmafia.com/2015/08/06/can-buffalo-bills-qb-tyrod-taylor-live-up-to-hype-prior-to-2015-nfl-season/

So basically there's definitely potential, but we get an idea of why he was traded. Here's hoping he's learning a lot right now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like Cassel will start the first preseason game, but that doesn't mean anything at this point. It's a true three-way battle. I could see the Bills keeping two and cutting the third by the time the season starts.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
It sounds like Cassel will start the first preseason game, but that doesn't mean anything at this point. It's a true three-way battle. I could see the Bills keeping two and cutting the third by the time the season starts.

The theory I've read from reporters is this is Cassel's finale audition to show he's worth a roster spot. If he doesn't perform well on Friday he could be cut soon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm making the Bills I'm starting Taylor. He's showed well without his weapons, and his running ability adds another dimension to the offense (keep in mind that Rex loves running QBs because he feels they're hard to game plan for/defend. You know what you're getting in Cassel and to some extent Manuel. Taylor has never had a legit shot because he's spent his entire career backing up SB QB Joe Flacco. Start Taylor, and if things don't work out insert Cassel.

FWIW I believe Taylor will take the job and run with it. Could even be your long-term starter. Legitimate weapons, a defense, and a coach that will support him almost to a fault.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bills are going w Tyrod Taylor as their starting a QB

From Glazer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Bills are going w Tyrod Taylor as their starting a QB

From Glazer
I'm going wait a bit more before I believe this but hopefully it's true. I don't really see how you can go with anyone else in all honesty.

If the Bills cut Jackson and start Cassel on the same day I'm pretty confident Buffalo will riot.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its confirmed that tyrod is starter. if you told me a month ago I would have been saying you were on something but now after watching him play with minimal weapons i think this is a good move he has shown he is capable of being their qb.. My hope is they cut cassel now to save the 4.2 mil

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Its confirmed that tyrod is starter. if you told me a month ago I would have been saying you were on something but now after watching him play with minimal weapons i think this is a good move he has shown he is capable of being their qb.. My hope is they cut cassel now to save the 4.2 mil
I'd definitely hang on to him at least for a little while. If Tyrod goes out there and just completely sucks than I want to be able to turn to Cassel.

Edit: I've got to say, this preseason would make a fascinating Hard Knocks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: