Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buffalo Bills Hire Greg Roman as OC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

excited?
yes
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
who?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Levis Stadium is an overpriced, congested mirage with a moat around it
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Buffalo Bills Hire Greg Roman as OC Reply with quote

didnt see a thread for this, and its kind of big news.. feel free to lock

I actually think this is a really good hire for you guys. A lot of niners fans hated roman but I think he is an excellent coordinator who might have had his hands tied by harbaugh (who liked to play super conservative sometimes).

Hes a great play designer and will do some nice things, however the niners struggled consistently at getting plays in on time and scoring TDs in the redzone.

your running game will be taken to a whole new level. hes very creative. lots of formations, lots of misdirection powers, counter tosses, traps etc.

I like him as a coordinator and I thought he needed some work as a play caller, he has a great offensive mind and it will be interesting to see how he does.

He was just a terrible fit for Kaep and idk how he will do with EJ but I think it was a very solid hire if he was able to learn some things from our offensive struggles over the past few years.

good luck to you guys. Im rooting for you! (and not just because of this)

Jed York's bald spot is bigger than Jim Harbaughs ego
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited personally.. We have been a run first team for a while now without our franchise QB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it, but I'm not excited. It just seems like a safe, logical hire to pair his offense with our dominant D and inconsistent/conservative passing attack. I'd have to see them bring in Peyton Manning as QB Coach to get excited! Not holding my breath on that, though. Laughing Anyway, so Roman to me is better than "Meh."...more like, "OK, alright...I get it.".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I don't hate it, but I'm not excited. It just seems like a safe, logical hire to pair his offense with our dominant D and inconsistent/conservative passing attack. I'd have to see them bring in Peyton Manning as QB Coach to get excited! Not holding my breath on that, though. Laughing Anyway, so Roman to me is better than "Meh."...more like, "OK, alright...I get it.".

Yeah this is how I feel as well. I get the hire and it makes sense for our system and Rex Ryan's way of running a team. The hire is growing on me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad its official. Not a whole lot else out there that would have been as good of a selection.

That awkward moment a team "lands" Marrone as their big coaching move.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it simply because it revived Alex Smith career, he was considered an absolute bust until he came in. Now Alex Smith is a solid game clock manager which the bills need at this point unless a miracle happens and lands a big time qb which I doubt. I do think the ground and pound is the logical move and he has had one of the better olines. I do hope he brings a guy or two from the niners oline, such as Mike Iupati if they don't resign him cause this would benefit the bills the most by having someone who is a solid guard and knows the system. Hopefully this will be a reason to keep spiller around a little bit longer and see what he can do with a guy who specializes in the run game.

Thanks Max
NikkiSixx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I like it simply because it revived Alex Smith career, he was considered an absolute bust until he came in. Now Alex Smith is a solid game clock manager which the bills need at this point unless a miracle happens and lands a big time qb which I doubt. I do think the ground and pound is the logical move and he has had one of the better olines. I do hope he brings a guy or two from the niners oline, such as Mike Iupati if they don't resign him cause this would benefit the bills the most by having someone who is a solid guard and knows the system. Hopefully this will be a reason to keep spiller around a little bit longer and see what he can do with a guy who specializes in the run game.

Jim Harbaugh might have had something to do with that. Jim Harbaugh was Rich Gannon's QB coach in Oakland in 2002 for his career year. I'm more excited about Roman's running game success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: