You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Boldin won't accept any Cards' offer
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFCNORTHBEAR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Report: Boldin won't accept any Cards' offer Reply with quote

http://www.azcardinals.com/blog/blog.php?author=1

Quote:
XTRA in Arizona's Mike Jurecki reports that Anquan Boldin instructed his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, to tell the Cardinals that he will turn down any contract offer they make him this offseason.

Help me out Cardinals fans.

Let me get this straight, Boldin asks out of Arizona because he wanted a new deal which he only had 2 years left on & they refused. Then Fitzgerald offered to take a pay cut(a bigger man than me) in order to get a deal worked out & Boldin refused that as well? Am I getting all this? Or does he want out to go somewhere to be a primary target? I'm asking because honestly I haven't been following too much of it other than the regular headlines here & there.

I'm guessing it's more about money than anything beings that Rosenhaus is his agent, that's seems to be all that man looks for. Us bears fan went through it with Briggs, Harris & Berrian last year all thanks to Rosenhaus. I really wish Drew would just disappear. I really do.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think it's about money for Boldin, but pride. He is somewhat jealous of not being the primary target, and so, he uses the Cardinals Front Office as an excuse for him to get out of there.

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
I really don't think it's about money for Boldin, but pride. He is somewhat jealous of not being the primary target, and so, he uses the Cardinals Front Office as an excuse for him to get out of there.

I think you are right about the pride but wrong about how he is jealous of not being the primary target. He is targeted just as much as fitz. Hell, Boldin has more catches at this point in his career than fitz did. Laughing

people watch all of 4 cards games and they think they know the team. Its not like fitz is #1 and boldin is #2. They both are #1s. People need to start to realize this. Im not even a cards fan and im starting to get frustrated. Up until this year, Boldin was the better reciever. It was obvious to me that Q was more important to the team than Fitz was. those roles may be reversed now, but he still is important to the team. Keep in mind that boldin was hurt during the playoffs. Keep in mind that Boldin was hurt this season.

Bolding wants out because he feels disrespected by the FO. He wanted a new contract and they rufused to renogotiate. He clearly doesnt like the FO and I dont think he is the type to make excuses.
NFCNORTHBEAR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

I think you are right about the pride but wrong about how he is jealous of not being the primary target. He is targeted just as much as fitz. Hell, Boldin has more catches at this point in his career than fitz did. Laughing

people watch all of 4 cards games and they think they know the team. Its not like fitz is #1 and boldin is #2. They both are #1s. People need to start to realize this. Im not even a cards fan and im starting to get frustrated. Up until this year, Boldin was the better reciever. It was obvious to me that Q was more important to the team than Fitz was. those roles may be reversed now, but he still is important to the team. Keep in mind that boldin was hurt during the playoffs. Keep in mind that Boldin was hurt this season.

Bolding wants out because he feels disrespected by the FO. He wanted a new contract and they rufused to renogotiate. He clearly doesnt like the FO and I dont think he is the type to make excuses.

Good post!

See I don't follow alot of cardinals games to be honest. But prior to this year that's how I always looked at the cardinals; Boldin was the #1 & Fitz was #2. Which is why I didn't understand where Boldin was coming from. I think you hit the nail on the head though, Fitz is getting so much love right now that people(maybe even FO) is almost forgetting what he's done for them. It's not like he's been a slouch. I suppose I'd do the same way if I felt under appreciated.
NFCNORTHBEAR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFCNORTHBEAR wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Good post!

See I don't follow alot of cardinals games to be honest. But prior to this year that's how I always looked at the cardinals; Boldin was the #1 & Fitz was #2. Which is why I didn't understand where Boldin was coming from. I think you hit the nail on the head though, Fitz is getting so much love right now that people(maybe even FO) is almost forgetting what he's done for them. It's not like he's been a slouch. I suppose I'd do the same way if I felt under appreciated.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

I totally agree with everything you said. Everyone was acting as if Fitz is the best receiver in the league when he wasn't even the best on the team. Warner favored Boldin more then Fitz this past season. Boldin appears to be wired differently then most players in that respect means more to him then money because clearly the Cards can offer him the most money but it appears it is more about principals then anything else.

He wouldn't look bad in a Fins uniform.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Cards should trade him.

People keep saying that Breaston only did so well because he had both Fitz and Boldin around him, but most of Breaston's big games came when Boldin wasnt even playing.

Fitz and Breaston would be a fine WR duo, and then Doucet or Urban would be fine as the slot and #4. They could also bring in a low priced FA to compete for the job. Trade Boldin to Philly for a 1st, get a talented RB like Moreno and maybe a guy like Larry English or Tyson Jackson, depending on what scheme they run next year.

I just think it would be kind of stupid to hang on to an upset receiver when you can get a 1st rounder for him more than likely, and you know you have a suitable replacement for him. Breaston isnt nearly as good as Boldin, but he is getting better, and the Cards have other, much more crucial holes they have to address.

On a side note, if Philly does get Q, they are my early pick to win the NFC next year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simple, he wants to be the main guy. Not sharing the spotlight, or now in this case, Larry getting all the praise.
Iggles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Q, come to Philly!
frazierfan86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel badly for Quan. You know he likes his teammates and he's proud of what his team accomplished this year, but sometimes you need to leave an organization because you don't feel like you can work with them anymore. His decision has nothing to do with the players or the fans, although he will undoubtedly be trashed by some/most fans and maybe the media as well. Boldin feels he was grossly disrespected by Arizona's front office, and I don't blame him for wanting to get out of there.

icecoldbruschi wrote:
The Ravens are a poor man's Jets... And Joe Flacco is mediocre.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we should all atleast attempt to think outside of the box in this situation. Everyone keeps saying "cause he wants to be the main guy" .. "he wants to be the main guy"

But, if you did everything for this team, broke records, clearly became one of the best players in your position and you're on the sideline during the game's most important moments and you ask the OC what's going on and the OC clearly ignores your question as if you're just a bench rider, then that's clearly disrespectful to ANY PLAYER who has busted their chops for an organization that hasn't been anything for years.

In his eyes, it's clearly disrespectful and if Boldin was the bad guy in this situation, do you really think Warner and Boldin would say what they have said these past few weeks to keep him there?

It's pretty obvious Boldin believed he had an agreement with the Cards, to make sure Fitz got his money first , then I would come for mine. But, once Fitz got his, they shut him out the door as if he was an UDFA trying to make it in training camp.
BigBen7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much of it is Boldin and how much of it is Rosenhaus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
I wonder how much of it is Boldin and how much of it is Rosenhaus.

Seeing as how Boldin has been doing most of the talking, and that it seems to be more about pride than money, Id say its Boldin.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People seem to forget that Breaston was a 5th rounder LAST YEAR and stepped up without Boldin and gained 1000 yards. It's not like Johnson who got that yardage with Q and Fitz around.

TRADE Q!!!! Im sure they get a late first (Titans??) or Early 2nd for him. Gives them a chance to fill a need for RB help AND any other need within the first 40 picks
BigBen7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Boldin's ego would be massaged the most in Philly. They would love his style of play and the fact he's a true #1 WR.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: