Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Warner vs. Manning

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Warner vs. Manning Reply with quote

Nice little article that breaks down 2 of the best QB's in the league right now.

You'll notice Warner is better than Manning in almost every single efficiency stat and has actually thrown more postseason TD passes than Manning (23 to 22) -- despite playing in five fewer games.

You'll also notice Warner's postseason passer rating (97.3) is higher than his regular-season passer rating (93.Cool, while Manning's postseason passer rating (84.9) is significantly lower than his regular-season passer rating (94.7).

In other words, Warner's play improves in the postseason pressure cooker. Manning's performances plummet.



http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/21/chff/index.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
benjreed


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 255
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to knock Warner...but he hasn't had to face the Pat's every, single year in the playoffs. He lost the one time that he did, so you really can't compare his stats to Manning's. Don't get me wrong, Warner is a good QB and I hope that he wins his second SB, but to compare him to Peyton Manning isn't easily done. Manning faces better teams in the playoffs and Warner hasn't made it to the post season as often. I don't want to take away from his accomplishments or anything, but I just don't think that Kurt Warner and Peyton Manning are comparable. Both are good in their own right, but do you mean to tell me that if you had your choice of QBs, you'd pick Warner over Manning?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benjreed wrote:
Not to knock Warner...but he hasn't had to face the Pat's every, single year in the playoffs. He lost the one time that he did, so you really can't compare his stats to Manning's. Don't get me wrong, Warner is a good QB and I hope that he wins his second SB, but to compare him to Peyton Manning isn't easily done. Manning faces better teams in the playoffs and Warner hasn't made it to the post season as often. I don't want to take away from his accomplishments or anything, but I just don't think that Kurt Warner and Peyton Manning are comparable. Both are good in their own right, but do you mean to tell me that if you had your choice of QBs, you'd pick Warner over Manning?

I actually might. He is more clutch anmd wins when the teams he is on are not really supposed to. Manning wins and loses on teams that should win. I would honestly consider Warner in this game coming up Sunday before manning. I am not lying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
benjreed


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 255
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Warner has always brought a little magic with him. I still wouldn't take him over Manning, Manning is just too good. Actually, I can't think of anyone that I'd want under center over Manning. Warner's good and it is hard not to root for a guy like him, but if I could pick, I'd have to go with Manning. He's probably the greast qb in the history of the game. Also, I thought he put all that stuff about "he can't win the big one" behind him when he won the super bowl?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benjreed wrote:
Well, Warner has always brought a little magic with him. I still wouldn't take him over Manning, Manning is just too good. Actually, I can't think of anyone that I'd want under center over Manning. Warner's good and it is hard not to root for a guy like him, but if I could pick, I'd have to go with Manning. He's probably the greast qb in the history of the game. Also, I thought he put all that stuff about "he can't win the big one" behind him when he won the super bowl?

I am a huge Peyton Manning fan and in no shape or form trashing him because i would take Warner in the biggest Cardinals game in history.Warner has all the guys on offense believing they cannot be stopped and I as a fan believe him as well. No real reason other then I feel Warner is more clutch in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
benjreed


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 255
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree...the guy is a walking, talking feel-good story. Who doesn't like Warner? I have been a fan ever since 2000. He's impressive...throwing bullet passes like they do in the arena league. He's got a deep ball too...the man's a great qb and he'll go to the h.o.f. However, there is just something about Manning. Everytime the colts need a game winning drive, he comes through. You can just look at him and tell he is "great"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benjreed wrote:
I agree...the guy is a walking, talking feel-good story. Who doesn't like Warner? I have been a fan ever since 2000. He's impressive...throwing bullet passes like they do in the arena league. He's got a deep ball too...the man's a great qb and he'll go to the h.o.f. However, there is just something about Manning. Everytime the colts need a game winning drive, he comes through. You can just look at him and tell he is "great"

They are suprisingly similar in there traits considering one went first overall in the draft and the other wasn't drafted. Totally different backgrounds coming up. Peyton had the gene pool in his favor and Kurt was bagging groceries waiting for his shot.
They both audible as well as anyone in the league and both are good at picking apart the blitz.They both proved they can win without a running game and can take the offense on there back and win.They call most of there own plays at key points in the game. Manning gets more hype but they are eerily similar in many ways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group