Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seems like every mock has us taking Barron @ #6
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titangreins

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Seems like every mock has us taking Barron @ #6 Reply with quote

Man, what's up with some of these mocks from the so called "experts". About 80% of them have us taking Barron. Not gonna happen at #6 IMO. As most of us have been discussing DJ etc. Barron's name does not come up too much on the Titans forums. Overrated tackle and everyone thinks we need a tackle so badly. Sounds as if F Miller may re sign at lower $$.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Seems like every mock has us taking Barron @ #6 Reply with quote

titangreins wrote:
Man, what's up with some of these mocks from the so called "experts". About 80% of them have us taking Barron. Not gonna happen at #6 IMO. As most of us have been discussing DJ etc. Barron's name does not come up too much on the Titans forums. Overrated tackle and everyone thinks we need a tackle so badly. Sounds as if F Miller may re sign at lower $$.

Barron isn't overrated, its just since he is the best Tacle in this years draft then a team will probably reach on him. We do need a Tackle. Miller and Hopkins are both really old and we don't have a young guy behind them. And where did you hear that Miller may resign at a lower price.
Titans2004

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongo posted that last night on titanscentral. He said he had dinner with some players and the players said that Miller's agent had called Floyd and said that Miller would take a paycut so that it wouldn't cost the titans anymore to keep him as to cut him.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind to keep him and let Bell recover after an injury and we can draft an LT like Barnes and let him sit for a year, so he can learn under Munchak and Hopkins..

Barron would be a big reach at 6. Hes ok and has potential but we want somebody dominating like Gallery last year. barron is no where close to that at all.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
I wouldnt mind to keep him and let Bell recover after an injury and we can draft an LT like Barnes and let him sit for a year, so he can learn under Munchak and Hopkins..

Barron would be a big reach at 6. Hes ok and has potential but we want somebody dominating like Gallery last year. barron is no where close to that at all.

He would not be a big reach at 6. He would be a steal.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just kidding about that last one
'
titangreins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 'noles we need a young OT, Gallery type. F Miller goes brain dead on big drives and Hopkins isn't getting any younger. But, I don't believe Barron merits that high of a pick and most "expert" boards have him going to us at #6. I just can't see it happening.
Redskins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

80%? No - you're just giving false information then.

Sure, some do, but most are taking Derrick Johnson if anything.
Burton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he just said that number to demonstrate that it seemed like alot. I'm sure he didn't count every mock draft and figure out that 80% were picking Barron.

Quote:

what?
seminoles1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton wrote:
I think he just said that number to demonstrate that it seemed like alot. I'm sure he didn't count every mock draft and figure out that 80% were picking Barron.

Quote:

what?

If you noticed my next post, i said i was just kidding.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year will be a better class of OT in te draft. This year is horrible. All of them are RT and about two are LT ( Barnes and Barron)
titangreins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skins, I didn't load it into Excel or anything and crunch the numbers. Just that many mocks seemed to just "plug in" the best tackle available 'cause everyone believes that's the biggest need of the Titans. I agree, some have DJ, but doesn't seem as many as Barron.
titangreins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Burton"]I think he just said that number to demonstrate that it seemed like alot. I'm sure he didn't count every mock draft and figure out that 80% were picking Barron.

My point exactly, thanks Burton.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do take Barron at #6 I'll be very disappointed. He just isn't worth that pick, and if we take him it shows we are willing to reach on players and we're desperate to fill that position. That's why I believe we won't take him. We just aren't known for reaching on people. We leave that up to the Browns, Niners, and Cardinals.

I was joking when I originally posted this. Laughing

Last edited by bulluckthebeast on Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Burton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I wish this was last year and we could have pick Gallery, their are some really good 2nd and 3rd round OL though, which I think is when we need to fill the position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: