Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Surtain for Edge?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Surtain for Edge? Reply with quote

I know that the Colts need defense and Surtain is one of the top 10 corners in the league. Basically the Colts need defense and the Dolphins need a RB. Do you Colts fans think a trade of Surtain and Edge is possible?
coltfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really know. How much is Surtains salary?

Colts=05-06 Champions
coltfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard some rumors about and I know he is either going to be traded or cut, but I dont know if the rumors are true.

Colts=05-06 Champions
LSUfan40

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, I even beleive that the colts should take another defensive player as their #1 pick, Be really nice to get the i think SS from UNLV, but thats a long shot, anywho I'd like to see the trade cause im a Miami fan since SABAn is there. But one thing for sure in order for the Colts to get as for as they did or farther than they did this year, they must have a bigger defensiver force, only 2 players that are a factor defensivly is the MLB and Freenly off the end, but there won't be much loss from the Injury prone EDGE, with their backup who i think is RHODES. In matter of fact this year EDGE did not impress me much.
coltfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SS form UNLV is Brimmer and we could pick him up in the 3rd or 4th round. the Colts wouldnt anyways because he doesnt fit their defensive system.

Colts=05-06 Champions
LSUfan40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, I consider myself to be a huge colts fan, i like Freenly and Manning more than anyone,,,,,but when u say he doesn't fit their defensive system, exactly what system of defense do u think they have other than a crappy one.......every one knows that is the Colts weakness. yea Brimmer or whatever from UNLV ( from what i hear) is a hardhitting strong safty.....but I say with him and maybe another draft pick they could change their whole defensive system to fit them.....because right now they aren't getting it done.
CaptainPud

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was the guy who started the Edge for Surtain crusade in the other post, so of course, I agree. If a deal can't be packaged for Miami's number 1 as well (something like our #1, later pick, etc.), I'd say double your pleasure with Antrel Rolle if he's there.

I'm not sure what Surtain's salary is, but I believe Sam Madison is an unrestricted free agent, and Taylor had sucked up a bunch of cap room, so keeping both could be trouble.

By the way, to feed the fire... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1981681
coltfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becuase he is slow for a safety. Dungys defense needs fast players and they are going to try to improve on that in the offseason. They are going to get fast players that fit the defensive scheme. And Dungy wont change there defensive system for a 4th rounder. The Colts already have 2 good safeties in Doss and Sanders, maybe 3 if they re-sign Bashir.

Colts=05-06 Champions
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Madison isn't a UFA, they have restructured his contract and it would cost the dolphins to get rid of him.
And I believe that Surtain is one of the highest salaries on the fins, along with Fiedler, who will be gone too.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense for both teams. Colts are dying for a player like Surtain.
rblevens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSUfan40 wrote:
Ok guys, I consider myself to be a huge colts fan, i like Freenly and Manning more than anyone,,,,,but when u say he doesn't fit their defensive system, exactly what system of defense do u think they have other than a crappy one.......every one knows that is the Colts weakness. yea Brimmer or whatever from UNLV ( from what i hear) is a hardhitting strong safty.....but I say with him and maybe another draft pick they could change their whole defensive system to fit them.....because right now they aren't getting it done.

Brimmer is terrible in man coverage and he isn't really that athletic...Also you have Sanders, Doss and Bashir if you resign them. They are all pretty good. Brimmer is a second day prospect and at the combines he might drop his stock even more. Pretty much Dungy's base defensive scheme is a press man cover 2 look. You don't want a slow safety out there. Right now they have a great scheme, they just don't have the players. If you get a top CB and a runstopping DT to contain Corey Dillon everytime you play you are set...you also need some LB help

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rblevens wrote:
LSUfan40 wrote:

Brimmer is terrible in man coverage and he isn't really that athletic...Also you have Sanders, Doss and Bashir if you resign them. They are all pretty good. Brimmer is a second day prospect and at the combines he might drop his stock even more. Pretty much Dungy's base defensive scheme is a press man cover 2 look. You don't want a slow safety out there. Right now they have a great scheme, they just don't have the players. If you get a top CB and a runstopping DT to contain Corey Dillon everytime you play you are set...you also need some LB help

Thank you, thats what I was trying to say to him. ANd I agree with what the Colts need to do, they are considering moving Robert Mathis to LB and they may help the linebacking core. They do need a MLB but they could address that in free agency, but knowing Bill Polian he wont.

Colts=05-06 Champions
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: this trade rumor could heat up soon. Reply with quote

CB SURTAIN MAKES 6MIL THIS YEAR. IF THEY KEEP EDGE HE WILL BE 8MIL. SO THE TRADE WOULD RELEIVE CAP ROOM, AND THE COLTS HAVE EXPRESSED THEY MAY TRADE HIM AS HE WANTS. SURTAIN FOR JAMES IS JUST AS EVEN AS THE TRADE BETWEEN THE BRONCOS AND REDSKINS.
buttaonaroll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont you mean the jets and redskins
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM TALKING ABOUT CHAMP BAILEY FOR CLINTON PORTIS LAST YEAR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: