Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins @ Chiefs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins this game?
Chiefs
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Skins
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Redskins @ Chiefs Reply with quote

Who will win?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most NFL teams *should* win their home games... or at minimum be favored. I also feel like the Chiefs team you Skins will be facing will be rather different than the team that played in week 4.

Willie Roaf, our all pro left tackle, is back this week after missing the previous 3 (+a bye week) to a hammy pull. Eric Warfield will be returning from suspension and will be a valuable addition to our secondary. He's our best corner outside of Surtain. Vermiel hasn't given him his starting job back yet. He's having to earn it. John Welbourne (OT/OG) is back in will provide veteran depth and skill for the O-line.

With Roaf back, expect the line play to vastly improve and our deep patterns will have the time develop. if our offense starts clicking like previous years, we become extremely difficult to deal with. Teams need to score often to keep pace when we get on a roll. This is why having Eric Warfield back is so important. The secondary has not played well. Eric is a vast improvement over Dexter McCleon. Add to this fact that the 'Skins offense is not their strong suit. That bodes well for the Chiefs.

I think the Chiefs win 31-17.

The only chance the Redskins have is to be good enough defensively to hold down our offense. If they can.. the game can stay close and it's anyones guess who wins.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005 Stats (Per Game) and Rank

.............................Redskins..........................Chiefs

Total Offense...........367.0 (8.)...........................345.3 (12)
Rush Offense...........133.5 (7)............................135.3 (5)
Pass Offense............233.5 (12)..........................210.0 (18.)
Total Defense...........282.0 (5)............................367.8 (27)
Rush Defense...........103.8 (15).............................94.5 (7)
Pass Defense............178.3 (6)............................273.3 (30)
Turnover Ratio.......... -5 (25).................................0 (17t)
Pts Per Game............ 15.5 (26t)...........................22.8 (13)
Opp. Pts./Game......... 14.5 (5).................................22.8 (22)

Based on these stats for the first 4 games of the season I see that KC's D lets in 8.3 more points per game than the Skins stingy D. thats good for the # 8 Ranked Offense in the league the Redskins. I don't know if you have seen the Skins play at all this season but the O is strong now. We are gaining 367 yards per game, KC is allowing 367.8 yards per game and is ranked 27th in the league, looks to me like Washington will have a HUGE offensive showing.
Washingtons D is allowing 7.3 points LESS per game than KC is used to scoring.
So to me it's the #8 O (Skins) in the leage vs. the #27 D (Chiefs)
And the #5 D (Skins) vs the #12 O (Chiefs)

I say our O has the edge Big Time, and your O will pound the ball against us, no doubt but I don't see them scoring over 21 pts.

Skins Win 38 (yup, I said 38.) to 21

Portis gets his first 2 TDs of the season and the Brunell to Moss connection gets that much more powerfull.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very poor comparison. Let me illustrate why...

You showed that in yards per game.. the 'Skins are 8th.. and in yards allowed the Chiefs are 27th.

What you failed to mention in your #'s was that for all those yards you get.. your scoring per game is 26th ! Our points allowed per game is 22nd. Thats after facing Philly and Denver, both of which would be considered GOOD offenses !

Yes you move the ball alot.. but you don't score. I saw the Dallas game and the Denver game. You guys don't complete drives. You get behind us early... well... see the Jets game for how that turns out ... because you all are NOT Philly !!

Good Luck !
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
You showed that in yards per game.. the 'Skins are 8th.. and in yards allowed the Chiefs are 27th.

What you failed to mention in your #'s was that for all those yards you get.. your scoring per game is 26th ! Our points allowed per game is 22nd.

I did not fail to mention that, it's up there on the stats I posted, the thing is your pass offense is 30th in the league and if you did watch the Dallas game, and the Denver game, you know that that is how we score all of our points.

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Yes you move the ball alot.. but you don't score. I saw the Dallas game and the Denver game. You guys don't complete drives. You get behind us early... well... see the Jets game for how that turns out ... because you all are NOT Philly !!

No we are not Philly, but we are a great D 5th, to your 12th ranked O. I think you guys will put up points, but I see us driving the ball with no problem. We had little trouble driving the ball on Denver who has a much faster and better D. We let time run out at the end of the first which ended a drive and gave Denver the ball back after the half. We had a Field Goal blocked which was bad, I admit, and we failed to score a TD off of a blocked punt, but we did get 3. I see our new found pass attack streatching KC to the breaking point.

good luck to you as well!

p.s. if you care to make the Sig wager that I made with the cowboys fans I would be happy to oblige!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are the 12th offense in the league after 4 games without the BEST LEFT TACKLE IN FOOTBALL. period we are top 5 with him top 15 without him i guarentee (sp?) we get over 350 total yards and i'll take u up on your sig wager!!!!

p.s. your 38-21 prediction is rediculous. i have no problem with u pickin the skins but by 17 AT ARROWHEAD is REDICULOUS, ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS

Calvert28 wrote:
He (Emmit Smith) was to this sport what Wyane Gretsky was to the NHL

LMAO
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcsteaks23 wrote:
p.s. your 38-21 prediction is rediculous. i have no problem with u pickin the skins but by 17 AT ARROWHEAD is REDICULOUS, ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS

You are probably right, I am being a little rediculous...I just see the Skins passing game lighting up a terrable pass defense. I don't know much about the corner that is coming back, if he his fast enough to keep up with Moss the score won't be that high, if not, I stand by the 17 point win. If we can get the pass going early we can get Portis the ball late and he is hungry for TDs. I just don't see how the Chiefs (I have watched them play the last 3 games) are going to be able to stop the pass.

If this CB that is comming off of injury is an absolutly amazing player the game will be much closer. 28-21 or so....

I am down for the sig bet.
Good Luck

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the Sigs I made

If the Redskins Win

Code:
[IMG]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5760/skinswin5fr.jpg[/IMG]

If the Chiefs Win

Code:
[IMG]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1961/chiefs0hr.jpg[/IMG]

What do you think?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think you fall to realize also is that Eric WArfield is back, which means Dexter is off the field. The safety don't have to baby sit Warfield and will be able to head hunt and punish the run. The key for every chiefs game and IMO the season is for ERIC HICKS to have a BIG YEAR. The D line is the weakest part of this offense, no secondary can cover WR and TE all day, if we get pressure on the QB its over.
Also on the O side, Roaf and Welborn are back. This means that our line is a moving wall. I think they'll either but welborn ar RT or at RG and move shields outside, and with Roaf back Trent will finally have a pocket.

So in the end this game is either a race or a blow out and that all depends if Hicks and the D line show up.

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think KC forces Washington into some early mistakes and takes advantage of those mistakes...KC 24 and WSH 10

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: