Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

can anyone relate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sox2004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: can anyone relate Reply with quote

if edge wants to come to miami,why dont we just pick him up,man.cut ties with feidler,boston,jr,conrad,knight,ect..rebuild it.i live in new england and watch the patriots plug guys in and it works.listen feely could be brady,trust me,the guy can make every throw,he needs to be coached,lets..man,we got some young kids on d that could step in face it wanny was a clown,maybe saban will be what they say..why draft bensen,give up allthe cash a number 2 pick gets for what could be collinns,avery,ect..go with the proven guy,trade down,get someLINE HELP,AND MAYBE FEELY WONT EAT GRASS EVERY TIME HE DROPS BACK,and maybe some things will open up for chambers,cause man,his talent isbeing wasted,man we got some young kids who could step in on d..seems easy to see
wrayce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations captain obvious

My signature gallery
sox2004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its so obvious,then why do people who get paid millions to figure this out,cant seem to get it done,and i read post by people who say get feely a running back..how about who,and at what cost,or is to complex for you to figure out,i know lets just get bensen and the hell with the rest of the team
wrayce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you are saying is what we in the dolphins forum have been saying

its the truth feely needs a running back i think he will be alright if we get that done and thats what we have been talking about. i have known edge wants to come to miami along time i heard about it like a month after ricky retired he is from the U and from florida but i also heard that saban now wants youth so drafting a rb is possible he has been talking with carnell and ronnie

My signature gallery
Dolphinsrule13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why all the other people pick benson for our team is cause they dont think about it. if they would think for a second they would realize that rb is not the way to go and they jus dont want to make things difficult so they pick benson.
sox2004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what im really sayin is this ,we get houck,maybe the best linea couple of players coach in football,why not give him some players,man trade down 2 times if needed,this draft just sucks outside of acouple of players,and were strapped already,so why go through a hassle of what you got to pay a second pick in the draft..i watch the pats make these moves,and i wish we would..and i really think feely can be great,he just needs a decent back and someone who is capable of blocking
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: There's no quick fix Reply with quote

sox2004 wrote:
trade down 2 times if needed

Easier said than done.

sox2004 wrote:
this draft just sucks

I won't say "sucks", but it sure reminds me of the 2001 draft, that's for sure. But more to your point, if it sucks, why on earth would any other team want to pay a ransom to trade up for the #2 pick? Why wouldn't every team be looking to trade down?

What it comes down to is that Saban is going to rebuild this team and that means the 2005 season will be, for all intents and purposes, a wash.

He's not going to go out and acquire Edgerrin James, Randy Moss, or any overpriced veteran. He's not going to follow the "win-now" mentality that Wannstedt used to put us in this situation and which also ran Johnson and Shula out of town.

Saban has said he'll be starting by using the draft to fill the major holes on this team and acquiring the occasional veteran free agent for special circumstances. I agree with that.

I think the greater problem is that, because Miami has been so competitive for so long, most of us want instant results. It just isn't possible. The football operations are a wreck and Saban is trying to fix it so that the team won't just be competitive by 2007, but will also continue to be competitive in 2017.

And comparing the Dolphins to Belichick's Patriots won't help. New England's 2001 season was a fluke. Much like the 1997 Marlins, that was a team which wasn't supposed to win so quickly. It wasn't complete (which is why the 2002 Pats never even made the playoffs). However, the last two Patriots teams are complete and that's why they have a dynasty (I'm really sick of hearing that word).

Why are the Pats complete? Because Belichick has a design for his team and every element in that design has a value and he will not overpay. ("You're value is X. You can take that amount and play here for a competitor or you can look for more money elsewhere.") In fact, if you you look at it abstractly, its almost as though he's using a Moneyball approach.

So Saban is looking to do something similar in Miami, which shouldn't be a surprise as he helped Belichick assemble the basic blueprint while they were in Cleveland. And that blueprint is successful. Ozzie Newsome, who also helped develop it while he was in Cleveland, used it to build the Ravens and they haven't done too badly recently.
sox2004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually,the lack of impact players may make a team like dallas try to jump up..maybe even surtain,keep our eyes open..someone is always willing to jump out and take a chance..i agree somewhat about the pats,lets see how they do after thier coaching staff gets raided,they are a product of a good system,and the nfl is a copycat league...i really dont see the dolphins as being this major overhaul,we were a good team with horrible coaches..and the worst o line..defensively,were all the money is tied up,we got young kids like boa,moore,poole,man,were gonna be good there even if we lose surtain,jr.,knight..i think if we just get someone on our line and a back,we may be ok..maybe the playoffs..one more thing about the pats,for all there success,in boston they will always be number 2..its a red sox town,so much for a dynasty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: