Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Schobel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkkost84

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Aaron Schobel Reply with quote

Listen guys all this non sense talk about Schobel being garbage and over hill needs to stop. Every time his name comes up almost everybody is quick to rip on the guy and consider his career finished. I think he was playing hurt from the start of the season and if not he was definitely hurt sometime before the Arizona game in week 5, which is the last game he played in this year. They said in the press conference that before the game he took some pain medicine and tried to play on his injured foot, but he said it wore off during the game and it started hurting again late in the game. He tried to play basically on one foot and that just doesn‘t work for any football player let alone an “undersized“ pass rushing DE like Schobel. Dwight Freeney had the same injury last year and it wrecked his season too. He's since returned to form this year and had another Pro Bowl season with 10.5 sacks.

Schobel will only be turning 32 at the start of the 2009 season and I see no reason why he can't be a productive player for another 3+ years if he makes a full recovery from that foot injury (which it looks like he is on track to do so). The guy had never missed a game in his career before this year and all of a sudden he’s washed up because he had a fairly major foot injury. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Schobel make a nice comeback next season. There is no question they missed him and that they’re a better defense with him in the game.

How many times did Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney lose their contain on their outside gap responsibility during games this year? It’s been more so Kelsay than Denney this year IMO, but you rarely if ever see that from Aaron Schobel. It’s why he made the Pro Bowl as an alternate last year with only 6.5 sacks, but people don’t understand how a DE is suppose to play his run fits in a 4-3 scheme, so all they know how to do is criticize him as a pass rusher. I’m sorry but I'm just sick of hearing this talk about Schobel not being capable of being a good player anymore.

Last edited by mkkost84 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with every word you said. People are overreacting to everything lately because we had a 7-9 season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not garbage but hes not what he used to be

DIE HARD BUFFALO BILLS FAN
BillzRule991

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes never been garbage weve just been mad at the fact of our record and that he was the only one that got us a pass rush and no one else could

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the main reasons i consider his career over or at least he will be unable to return to a higher level of performance is that he hadnt missed a game until this season. Thats alot of playing time and wear and tear. If you look at Stroud I'd say he's better off playing longer because of suspensions and bigger injuries that kept him from playing. I am sure Schobel has had tons of minor injuries over the years but he played through them and now he is paying the price.

"I'm not getting into a math contest, thank God" - Tom Brady
pitpups2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding me!!!! Schobel is the highest priced player on the Bills roster. He has NEVER played up to his contract. Compared to other 50 million dollar players in the NFL he STINKS. Have you watched this guy play or are you confused about talent. Why does his single digit sacks equal a raise. Every year he has 2-3 games where he takes advantage of a spotty tackle and gets 1-2 sacks. THATS ALL., he's not dominate, he does not consistently put pressure on the QB, and the OFFENSE never plans around Schobel. The Bills don't need 32 y/o DE's. Get Rid of all the DE's that Tom Donaugh drafted and get some freaken TALENT in here, Fresh Blood!!, Buffalo is a blue collar city, that prides it's self on hard work, dedication, and perseverance. So excuse me if I don't feel your enthusiasm or excitement for accepting meritocracy as a standard. Ten years and counting for the play-offs and people still want to pay for Schobels services..hahaha

P.S. To compare D.Freeny to Schobel, is a complete joke, WHO would you rather have.....Don't lie...
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitpups2003 wrote:
Are you kidding me!!!! Schobel is the highest priced player on the Bills roster. He has NEVER played up to his contract. Compared to other 50 million dollar players in the NFL he STINKS. Have you watched this guy play or are you confused about talent. Why does his single digit sacks equal a raise. Every year he has 2-3 games where he takes advantage of a spotty tackle and gets 1-2 sacks. THATS ALL., he's not dominate, he does not consistently put pressure on the QB, and the OFFENSE never plans around Schobel. The Bills don't need 32 y/o DE's. Get Rid of all the DE's that Tom Donaugh drafted and get some freaken TALENT in here, Fresh Blood!!, Buffalo is a blue collar city, that prides it's self on hard work, dedication, and perseverance. So excuse me if I don't feel your enthusiasm or excitement for accepting meritocracy as a standard. Ten years and counting for the play-offs and people still want to pay for Schobels services..hahaha

P.S. To compare D.Freeny to Schobel, is a complete joke, WHO would you rather have.....Don't lie...

Maybe because he has NO help on the D-Line. This year we brought in Stroud to help out but then Schobel got injured. He has been getting double teamed through out his career and he was still making it to the Pro-bowl. He has the 2nd most sacks in bills history only behind Bruce Smith. We do need to bring in a new DE but not get rid of Schobel.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Schobel Reply with quote

mkkost84 wrote:
Listen guys all this non sense talk about Schobel being garbage and over hill needs to stop. Every time his name comes up almost everybody is quick to rip on the guy and consider his career finished. I’m sorry but I'm just sick of hearing this talk about Schobel not being capable of being a good player anymore.

I'm sick of Bills fans being o.k. with b.s. The coach is not good enough but people will argue for him. Schobel is not worth the paper his contract is written on. Kelsay and Denney don't equal one adequit end combined. I'm not even gonna start airing my frustration with this team. C'mon people, get it together!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
pitpups2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because he has NO help on the D-Line. This year we brought in Stroud to help out but then Schobel got injured. He has been getting double teamed through out his career and he was still making it to the Pro-bowl. He has the 2nd most sacks in bills history only behind Bruce Smith. We do need to bring in a new DE but not get rid of Schobel.[/quote]

Schobel signed a 50 million dollar contract. Kelsay and Denney both were extended by the Bills Brass. We just signed TWO DT's this off-season, Stroud and Johnson...My question is HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE TO INVEST IN THE D LINE TO GET RESULTS. Haveing 50 million tied up in Schobel is CRAZY!!! LOOK at the Highest paid contracts in the league and you are suggesting that what Schobel brings the Bills, equals what Seymour is to the Pats, Peppers to Carolina, Freeney to the colts, The Bills need more bang for the buck. Finally since when does stats determine TALENT. Do you need a Link to all the HALL OF FAME rejection board. There is a long list of football players with GREAT stats that will NEVER get into the hall..and there ARE many GREAT football players with just good enough stats that get voted in. In other words, it's MORE than past stats that determine your TALENT. It's time to send Schobel packing and replace him with new blood. I'am sure that the bills can sign a player or Two with Schobel money that can help this TEAM in 09.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Dockery the highest paid Bill? Buffalo does have a lot invested in their DEs (why they gave Kelsay so much money I'll never know), but I'm fairly certain they have more invested in their OL than anywhere else. Anyway, when Schobel isn't injured he's a fantastic player. Kelsay's the one the Bills should be looking at upgrading, not Schobel. Even Denney is better than Kelsay.
pitpups2003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope..After the Bills overpaid for Dockery..Schobel then signed a new deal making him the "HIGHEST CONTRACT IN BUFFALO BILLS HISTORY"..
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Lee Evans extension, he's making more average salary per year than either Schobel or Dockery:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/453809.html
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Schobel Article

Schobel Using Critics For Motivations

Quote:
Memo to the doubters. He hears you.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
Dukeybomb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be wise to cut ties with Schobel while he's still worth something. I don't feel like arguing this point because I feel like I'm beating my head in to a steal door. But He's 32 and starting to get injured often. He's a good guy, great motor, and has been productive but things do come to an end plain and simple. I think he can pump one more good year out MAYBE. Other than that, we should look at possibly two ends in this draft. We need Chris Ellis to come out of no where like Batman.
mkkost84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
Awesome Schobel Article

Schobel Using Critics For Motivations

Quote:
Memo to the doubters. He hears you.

I find it funny this story is posted online a day after I posted this topic...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: