Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alexander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Godfather

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Alexander Reply with quote

I think Shaun Alexander will be getting out of Seattle after this year, what do all think about the Jets possibley picking him up? I think he would be a great addition with Martin getting older.
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way we get Alexander. We definately won't have enough cap room to pay him. We might as well get a back in the draft. And I'm not sure Martin would retire after this year so we can't have them both. Plus, I don't think Alexander is that young either. Isn't he in his late 20s? I think he's around 28 or 29.
NyJetsGiantsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont' know, i think seattle will slap the franchise tag on him again. I dont want to give up a round 1 pick for him because it's better to just draft a yougner guy who will be good for 10 years.
NyJetsGiantsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and plus the Jets have the highest paid salary in the entire NFL. We only have about $4 million left in salary space. We will have a lot more room when kevin mawae retires and curtis martin. Ty Law is making $6 million a year from us, but I'm glad we are paying him because he's so damn good. I love this guy, he deserves to get paid a high salary.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it. I want the jets to let martin go along with other veterans on the o-line. I also think the jets should trade shaun ellis for a draft pick because then that would free a lot of cap room and allow the jets to sign a runningback and draft a QB like Omar Jacobs or Leinart (pray) and go for OL and WR the rest of the draft.
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I would love it. I want the jets to let martin go along with other veterans on the o-line. I also think the jets should trade shaun ellis for a draft pick because then that would free a lot of cap room and allow the jets to sign a runningback and draft a QB like Omar Jacobs or Leinart (pray) and go for OL and WR the rest of the draft.

Why would you want to trade Ellis when he is arguably the best and most consistent player on our defense? Also, I don't even think we could trade him without taking a big cap hit since we just signed him to a long term deal. I do agree that we need to rework the o-line and replace Martin soon. I wish they would get a QB like Leinart (I think Jacobs is to much of a project) but I still think they will give Pennington one more chance. If not a RB i'd like them to get an o-lineman in the 1st round since this seems to be a very strong class for that. Our WR are fine for the moment so that can be addressed later.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Omars stats alot better then leinarts, and leinart has bush and white to help him out, and set up the pass, but thats awhole other issue. The Jets need to completely strip down this offense. The reason why i say trade ellis is because abraham deserves the long term deal. Yeah hes goten hurt a few times, but make no mistake, the defense plays to a whole other level when hes out there. Bryan Thomas was a former first rounder who plays at a high level and doesnt cost much. Financially the move makes sense, IF there isnt a cap penalty. To make the offense better, the jets are going to need more money, and sacrifise a high salaery on defense and it just cant be abrahams. DeAngelo Williams will definatly help, but its not going to make that much of an impact without out other playmakers around him. If Pennington is going to be the gunslinger, then he better start improving his arm strength or the offense is going to be just as bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: