Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: New Mock Draft Reply with quote

1. Abdul Hodge, MLB, Iowa
2. Mike Hass, WR, Oregon State
3. Kelly Jennings, CB, Miami (FL)
3. Cedric Humes, RB, Virginia Tech
4. Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville
5. Jarvis Herring, S, Florida
6. Pierre Woods, OLB, Michigan
7. Jovon Bouknight, WR, Wyoming

Explanations:

Hodge has been my man through and through, and I am smitten with him. I think he will fall to us. He's a good MLB who appears smart enough to learn on the job. Hass has the best hands in the draft and has good size. He has a fast game speed, and was a go to guy in Oregon State. He reminds me of a white Chad Johnson, and has a lot of room to grow. Jennings is a great CB from Miami who has good size and speed. Reminds me of a taller, faster Duane Starks. Great potential. Humes is a power back who split carries in college with Imoh, but so was Domanick Davis, and he turned out O.K. Humes can break the big one, and could also block for Brady.

Day 2:

Dumervil is basically a bonus pick up here. He is the best player available, and reminds me of a quintessential Belichick player. He is only 6 feet, but has speed and strength and a great work ethic. Plus, he's so damn productive. When McGinest finally, sadly, retires, Dumervil will prove to be a capable replacement. Herring is a solid safety added for insurance in case Scott and Sanders get injured. He has a good nose for the ball. Woods is a good OLB, but added for ST help. And now for the gem of the draft. Bouknight may slip here. He is vastly underrated, and I think he may be overlooked until here. He is big, fast and has great hands. Reminds me of Roddy White. Could go as high as early 2nd, as low as 7th. If he slips, which I play to the good lord he does, we should most definitely get him here.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Woods drops to the 6th and Bouknight to the 7th. That's a nice dream though.
PatsDynasty2004

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be beautiful but i doubt that woods drops that far...maybe he has a poor combine but im not sure...overall good job though and well thought out

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you see LB as a bigger need then WR? Also Hass will be long gone in round 2, he could be a round 1 guy. If we draft a WR it will be a guy who fits our system (Santonio Holmes, ****Chad Jackson****, Greg Jennings (Western Michigan))

Jgoldiscool on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: