Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REY MAUALUGA
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: REY MAUALUGA Reply with quote

As you know I am very big on REY. Being from cali I see he almost every weekend playing cause USC is always on tv. He is the best MLB I've seen play since MIKE SINGLETARY. This guy plays with emotion and passion that few on our team even show. He Owns the Middle of the field.

Our run D basically sucks. Our MLB play is very weak and I think the MLB is really the heart of the D. and REY=HEART. PLUS REY can tackle and finish the play.

Maualuga: "I move well sideline-to-sideline and I never give up the middle. Once I get you, you won't get free."

#'s 6ft 2 260lb/4.5 in the 40/ bench 385lbs/ squat 620 lbs/ 34inch vert

Awards just for 2008
-Bednarik Award, CBS Defensive player of the year, All American, 3x pac-10 Defensive player of the year 2006-2008, SI 2nd team ALL American, USC TEAM MVP, Rose Bowl Defensive MVP

Lou Holtz, ESPN Magazine: "He's the next great Trojans linebacker, very physical, always lining up big hits. He reminds me of (ex-Ohio State All-American) A.J. Hawk. Maualuga's athletic ability is similar to Hawk's, but the infectiousness of his free spirit makes him even more valuable to his team."

REY MAUALUGA ON: His style: "I want to become the player that the offense gameplans around, that the offense fears coming into the game."

The inspiration he draws from his late father, Talatonu, who died just before the 2006 Rose Bowl BCS Championship Game: "It doesn't hit me as much now as it did, but I use it as inspiration. He's out there in my heart playing with me. Even though he's not here, he's with me spiritually."

His recent maturity: "I've matured a lot lately. That childish player, that person that I was, is long gone. I feel like I've developed a sense of leadership on the team. I've learned the do's and don't's, and I've realized what's important."

TAC LS/YDS DFL FR INT YDS AVG TD LG
2005 (Fr.) 37 4.5/23 2 0 1 9 9.0 0 9
2006 (So.) 78 5/17 3 0 1 0 0.0 0 0
2007 (Jr.) 79 10.5/40 3 1 1 19 19.0 0 19
2008 (sr.) 73tck 2int's 1 for td (lead USC in tackles)

What to not like about REY?
I agree OT is our biggest need but we have alot of holes and REY is a straight SAVAGE with character and good leadership. he was vote TEAM MVP by the team he is the heart and soul of the one of the NCAA's top 10 d's for the last 4 years. Plus the guy played 4 years= HE is ready and will start day 1.

OT is deep but MLB isn't

Kirk can move outside he was a 3rd rounder so I understand why he misses tackles so much and he is too weak to shed blockers and REY is damn near unblockable.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Al davis=0-16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to take him but like we ALL KNOW, OT and WR is our biggest need. If we get some O-linemen and WR in Free agency, then there's a possiblility.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al davis=0-16 wrote:
It would be nice to take him but like we ALL KNOW, OT and WR is our biggest need. If we get some O-linemen and WR in Free agency, then there's a possiblility.

What about our sucky run D? It has sucked for the past 5-6 years.
Cant stop the run cant stop anyone and you cant get your Offense on the fields when teams milk the clock with their running game.

I agree OT is a major hole but the draft is deeper in OT than MLB.
We need a player that is ready to go no questions asked.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Rey as much as the next guy but you are way overrating him. He is no Mike Singletary and he isn't that good against the run.

mission27 wrote:
I KNEW you were going to be smug about the pureness of your urine

#JDI
Al davis=0-16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Al davis=0-16 wrote:

What about our sucky run D? It has sucked for the past 5-6 years.
Cant stop the run cant stop anyone and you cant get your Offense on the fields when teams milk the clock with their running game.

I agree OT is a major hole but the draft is deeper in OT than MLB.
We need a player that is ready to go no questions asked.

The reason why we give so much on Defense is like I said before, Our Defense is on ther field longer than our Offense. Is drafting Rey going to help out our horrible Offensive line and improve our WR crop??? That would be a no. We need to help out Russell and Mcfadden the most.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defenses win championships, and I would rather take rey in the first and get an o-lineman in the 2nd or fa. WR's we are developing with Higgins, Shields, and Carter ( if we resign him). I say pick up a WR in free agency I would love to see TJ in silver and black.

Sig by me PM for one
Al davis=0-16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdUbs14 wrote:
Defenses win championships, and I would rather take rey in the first and get an o-lineman in the 2nd or fa. WR's we are developing with Higgins, Shields, and Carter ( if we resign him). I say pick up a WR in free agency I would love to see TJ in silver and black.

Do you enjoy watching Russell running for for his life EVERY DAM TIME he drops back to pass???? Because thats what your basicaly saying Confused

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was the last MLB taken in the top 5 pick of the draft ?
#clueless
KnocNightowl951

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling the Chargers will take Maualuga

A healthy Shawne Merriman and Rey Maualuga is one scary thought.
Al davis=0-16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnocNightowl951 wrote:
I have a feeling the Chargers will take Maualuga

A healthy Shawne Merriman and Rey Maualuga is one scary thought.

I would literally s#*@ my pants Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al davis=0-16 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:

Do you enjoy watching Russell running for for his life EVERY DAM TIME he drops back to pass???? Because thats what your basicaly saying Confused

We can get really good quality O-LINE 2nd and 3rd round.
Plus i think Andre and Oher will be gone by the time we pick and Monroe sucks vrs good DE's how can he hold up in the NFL.

2nd rounders at OT/ Russel Okung, Ciron BLack, Jason Meredith, Jason Smith etc. etc. anyone is an upgrade over Harris and Green. I want a difference maker and someone the other team will have to game plan around. Right now ASO is the only threat we have on D that the O has to game plan around.

You want to get a OT how will he get on the field when the other teams RUN game milks us to death.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Al davis=0-16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Al davis=0-16 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:

Plus i think Andre and Oher will be gone by the time we pick and Monroe sucks vrs good DE's how can he hold up in the NFL.

2nd rounders at OT/ Russel Okung, Ciron BLack, Jason Meredith, Jason Smith etc. etc. anyone is an upgrade over Harris and Green. I want a difference maker and someone the other team will have to game plan around. Right now ASO is the only threat we have on D that the O has to game plan around.

You want to get a OT how will he get on the field when the other teams RUN game milks us to death.

Don't be so sure, Have you ever heard of trading down???? But I do agree with you about Monroe. If we trade down, then there's a possibility to grab Jason Smith OR Rey. But if Smith and Oher isn't there and crabtree is, then he becomes a possibility also.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not even the best prospect on the usc defense.....cough taylor mays cough. rey would be a reach at 6 and lb is not nearly one of our biggest needs to address......LT, RT, WR, DT, DE, S.

IMO hes a little overrated.
Al davis=0-16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiders006 wrote:
not even the best prospect on the usc defense.....cough taylor mays cough. rey would be a reach at 6 and lb is not nearly one of our biggest needs to address......LT, RT, WR, DT, DE, S.

IMO hes a little overrated.

Exactly Cool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Al davis=0-16 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:

We've already tried that with Grove and Henderson and look how that turned out. We need OL that can come in and start from day 1,less chance with a 3rd rounder.

MLB is not a priority this draft, its not even top 5. REY would be taken out on passing downs and wouldn't be worth the money.

1.OT
2.WR
3.DT
4.DE
5.CB (even if Aso stays)
#clueless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

Jump to: