Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 Gameday Thread: Raiders @ Chargers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Week 14 Gameday Thread: Raiders @ Chargers Reply with quote

I know it's tough coming off a deflating loss like the one yesterday, but we have a game to look forward to on Thursday Night on NFLNetwork.

Hopefully this game isn't as ugly as the last time we played on primetime TV. Confused

Is this the game we finally end the streak to san diego?
BayArea07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 14 Gameday Thread: Raiders @ Chargers Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Is this the game we finally end the streak to san diego?

Who knows.... Raiders players and coaching is so wildly inconsistent that making judgments on how they'll play next game is almost impossible.

Unless your prediction is that they're going to lose, then you have a pretty good shot at being right Laughing

I do think that JaMarcus Russell will bounce back against the worst pass defense in the NFL. That is if our offensive line can play average.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we do win. I live in San Diego and I hate their fans. I felt so stupid the last time we played because I was talkin a lot of smack because I thought we were gonna win easily but we blew it and everybody was gettin in my face and everything.

^^^Props go out to Silver&Black88^^^
bokn0ws

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I care is because we can end the streak. Other than that we are no longer playing for anything. (Last week we sealed our fate as being out of the playoffs, yes the AFC West still gets 1 team.... somehow )
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Miller always seems to have a big day against the Chargers as well, so I don't expect that to change. He might be a little hesitant to go over the middle though, because he got knocked the hell out a couple times yesterday Laughing

I just want to see our young guys do well. I am hoping that McFadden gets the bulk of the carries. The season is over, we might as well let D Mac off his leash and let him show what he can do. But knowing Cable, he'll probably continue with his patty cake approach with McFadden, using him in trickery, wildcat type of plays Confused
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad told me that some movie theatres are going to show this game in 3D... has anyone else heard about this?

Edit: http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/archives/2008/11/raiders-charger.html
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure which offense is gonna show up. I do think Jamarcus will have a much better game.

As long as we don't give up the big plays, don't try any trick plays on Special Teams, run the ball and get some good returns we have a good shot.

This could be the game everybody gets to see what Jamarcus can do and possibly lead the team to victory.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope this early thread doesn't jinx us again, as it did against KC Sad...

I'm not making anymore predictions until we get our Franchise LT.

Whatever happens, happens from now on.
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I'm not sure which offense is gonna show up. I do think Jamarcus will have a much better game.

As long as we don't give up the big plays, don't try any trick plays on Special Teams, run the ball and get some good returns we have a good shot.

This could be the game everybody gets to see what Jamarcus can do and possibly lead the team to victory.

Agreed.

The King shall reign supreme.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this. But......

Rob Ryan's playcalling has been REALLY good lately. I've watched every game this season. And each week it seems like our defense is getting more and more pressure on the QB and creating turnovers as time goes on. We just need to move the ball on offense more to give our defense a rest and they wouldn't give up NEAR as many points and yards.

He is blitzing ALOT. and not playing AS MUCH zone coverage. Every now and then you see that play where you say "there's that dumb playcalling again" .. But he has been sending safety's and LB's at the QB alot.

Only thing I didn't like is he blitzes "scrambling" QB's .. such as Thigpen. Its ok to blitz him every now and then. But when we blitzed him we left the entire middle of the field open and he burned us with his legs.

So back to the S.D. game

Blitz blitz and blitz some more. Knock LT on his pooper on the way to get at Rivers. I wanna see Rivers flipping out on the REFS because they aren't calling personal fouls for our defense smacking him around.

We have a chance to win. But for some reason I think S.D. beats us mentally before every game. Our players think WAYY too much instead of going out there and playing their nomal game.
RAIDER523

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there probably isn't a whole lot of logic to predicting a raiders win this thursday but I think were gonna beat the bolts.

This team is so unpredictable and thats the only predictable thing is when nobody expects them to put up any sort of challenge they play like a contender.

I really think we have just as much if not more talent than half the teams in this league its just the chaotic atmosphere they have to perform within this organization that prevents this team from consistent play.
#1RAIDER FAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

Agreed.

The King shall reign supreme.

He should at least, the Chargers pass D hasn't been good.

My prediction is that we DOMINATE the Chargers.............

.....for three quarters...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chargers season is pretty much over and i could see them quitting on Norv now.

I'm expecting the raiders to have more motivation than the chargers going into that game.
If Ryan finds a way to stop Gates, i like our chances.

... and if we keep it simple too. Let's establish some kind of identity, no more circus play please.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it comes down to stopping LT. He always seems to have our number. I know he's been down this year, but he managed to get a 105 yards and 2 TDs on us back in September.

All in all, I think the Raiders will come out on fire given the loss to KC and get this monkey off their back. Cable will learn from his mistakes and make more sound decisions and JRuss will find his stride again.

Raiders 27 - 17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this thread is a little early. We should knock off SD. As long as Turner is the HC we still have a shot. Last time we played them we should of won, but our defense just gave up. Lets beat those damn bolts.

thanks to big palooka

Shonne Greene is the best Running back in the nation: 307 carries, 1,850 yards, 20 touchdowns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: