Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Report
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevenlourie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Offseason Report Reply with quote

I spent a long time on this and I was looking for some feedback/discussion, what do you think?
http://spam/oaklandraiders.htm
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the cheap shot you take at Al Davis and the Raiders, why do you come in here and ask for our feedback? What kind of discussion are you looking for? Anyway, it seems you have some vague knowledge on the Raiders' roster but i think if you wanna do this again next year, you should come over here and ask the members for some valuable piece of information.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think for one, you are truly foolish. Why in the world would you come in here and ask raider fans for opinions on clearly biased assessment. What kind of [inappropriate/removed] picks on an 80 year old who is still capable of running an NFL team? The guy has forgotten more football than you'll ever know and done more for just the NFL alone than you will for everything in your life. And yet he is now referred to as dead, half-dead, a zombie and undead? People like you make me sick

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
*Raiders4life*

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your special Very Happy

Congrats on wasting your time on garbage Very Happy

Props to cdUbs14 for the sick sig!

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays!!"-Richard Seymour
Raider916

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude this is one of the best drafts weve had in years and you come in runnin your mouth and give us a D. You made no good points at all. Our LB position was one of the weakest spots on our team. And Lamarr Houston isnt a good athlete??? were is this comin from. Do some research on the players and then give some feedback that actually makes sense. And mcclain is a beast by the way.
Crackraiderrazr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was being generous, i'd give you a D-. In all reality, it really does not have any value what so ever in it other than showing who was resigned. I give it an F. Learn about the team before you start writing pages on it.

Props to cdUbs14

Silver&black88 wrote:
"Fail. Luck is waiting 'til 2012 because he wants to avoid becoming a Bill, I mean get his degree
NickButera

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I think it's incredibly inacurate, your opinions are all over the place, sometimes even contradicting, and you didn't seem to include any facts, just your opinions perceptions of needs.

For instance, you knock the Raiders 1st and 2nd round picks because they're not super-athletes, but you give our mid round picks high grades because they are super-athletes?

You said Why pick McClain when we have Morrison, but we don't have Morrison, as a matter of fact it looked like Al was trying to ship him off as soon as he placed a lower tender on him than expected. You also failed to acknowledge Morrisons deficiencies. If you know anything about McClain, you'd know that he was a very highly rated prospect with a much higher upside than Morrison has.

You said about our 2nd round pick "The Raiders really need a quarterback or to draft a left tackle to protect a quarterback", but we addressed our need at QB, AND we addressed our need at Tackle with 2 prospects on day 3. Why say we needed to address a need that we did address in the draft.

For our 3rd, I'm curious as to whom you thought was a better OT than Valdheer at the time of the pick. Jason Fox? Wang? Campbell? (who we got) Once again you leave out facts that could help solidify your opinions.

You also didn't seem to acknowledge the 1 overarching theme we had in this years draft: everyone we took was a leader. We had a couple of team captains, people with high character, poeple that led their teams on the field. Every argument you made about a pick being good or bad for the Raiders had to do with either speed, or their athletic ability. Who are you, Al Davis's grandchild? It seemed very incomplete and doesn't come anywhere near close to telling the whole story of the Raiders draft this year.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a load of arrogant rubbish.

Quote:
and because I haven’t heard of him, he probably shouldn’t have been drafted.

Rolling Eyes just about sums this up. I'll take a pros judgement over yours every time.

F.
#clueless
stevenlourie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Silver&Black88"]Well I think for one, you are truly foolish. Why in the world would you come in here and ask raider fans for opinions on clearly biased assessment. What kind of [inappropriate/removed] picks on an 80 year old who is still capable of running an NFL team? The guy has forgotten more football than you'll ever know and done more for just the NFL alone than you will for everything in your life. And yet he is now referred to as dead, half-dead, a zombie and undead? People like you make me sick[/quote]

The zombie thing is an exaggeration, but I don't understand how you can defend him as a Raiders fan. They haven't won more than 5 games a year in 7 years and they haven't had a first round pick pan out since 2002. Al Davis simply doesn't understand how to build a team anymore.
stevenlourie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Raider916"]Dude this is one of the best drafts weve had in years and you come in runnin your mouth and give us a D. You made no good points at all. Our LB position was one of the weakest spots on our team. And Lamarr Houston isnt a good athlete??? were is this comin from. Do some research on the players and then give some feedback that actually makes sense. And mcclain is a beast by the way.[/quote]

Houston doesn't have the top measurables the Raiders normally look for. He's a great athlete, but not the typical high 40 time player the Raiders look for.
I gave their draft overall a B. I liked what they did, except for their first rounder. McClain doesn't fit a 4-3 well (and this was before the rumors that they could switch to a 3-4 came out) and MLB wasn't a big need. Kirk Morrison is an above average player. But overall, this was a solid draft for them.
stevenlourie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dessie"]What a load of arrogant rubbish.

[quote]and because I haven’t heard of him, he probably shouldn’t have been drafted.[/quote]

Rolling Eyes just about sums this up. I'll take a pros judgement over yours every time.

F.[/quote]

I counted approximetly 400-450 players in this draft class I had heard of. So yes, in my mind that makes him a reach. He might turn out to be a star, but in my mind, for now, he's a reach.
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Well I think for one, you are truly foolish. Why in the world would you come in here and ask raider fans for opinions on clearly biased assessment. What kind of [inappropriate/removed] picks on an 80 year old who is still capable of running an NFL team? The guy has forgotten more football than you'll ever know and done more for just the NFL alone than you will for everything in your life. And yet he is now referred to as dead, half-dead, a zombie and undead? People like you make me sick

+1.

I'm going to go read the ESPN website for some "quality journalism" - relative statement.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenlourie wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

The zombie thing is an exaggeration, but I don't understand how you can defend him as a Raiders fan. They haven't won more than 5 games a year in 7 years and they haven't had a first round pick pan out since 2002. Al Davis simply doesn't understand how to build a team anymore.

Because as a Raider fan you can't hate Al Davis. Al Davis is the Raiders. Without him, there wouldn't be any Raider team, the Raiders wouldn't have 3 Lombardis...

PS: Not like it matters, but Houston ran a 4.85 at 305 lbs. That's kind of fast for a big guy.
stevenlourie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NickButera"]To be honest, I think it's incredibly inacurate, your opinions are all over the place, sometimes even contradicting, and you didn't seem to include any facts, just your opinions perceptions of needs.

For instance, you knock the Raiders 1st and 2nd round picks because they're not super-athletes, but you give our mid round picks high grades because they are super-athletes?

You said Why pick McClain when we have Morrison, but we don't have Morrison, as a matter of fact it looked like Al was trying to ship him off as soon as he placed a lower tender on him than expected. You also failed to acknowledge Morrisons deficiencies. If you know anything about McClain, you'd know that he was a very highly rated prospect with a much higher upside than Morrison has.

You said about our 2nd round pick "The Raiders really need a quarterback or to draft a left tackle to protect a quarterback", but we addressed our need at QB, AND we addressed our need at Tackle with 2 prospects on day 3. Why say we needed to address a need that we [b]did[/b] address in the draft.

For our 3rd, I'm curious as to whom you thought was a better OT than Valdheer at the time of the pick. Jason Fox? Wang? Campbell? (who we got) Once again you leave out facts that could help solidify your opinions.

You also didn't seem to acknowledge the 1 overarching theme we had in this years draft: everyone we took was a leader. We had a couple of team captains, people with high character, poeple that led their teams on the field. [b]Every[/b] argument you made about a pick being good or bad for the Raiders had to do with either speed, or their athletic ability. Who are you, Al Davis's grandchild? It seemed very incomplete and doesn't come anywhere near close to telling the whole story of the Raiders draft this year.[/quote]

1st paragraph: That's not why I knocked them. They just surprised me for that reason.
2nd paragraph: yea but the 8th overall pick on a slight upgrade at MLB is not worth it. I don't understand why they shipped Morrison out either. I'd rather have a defensive end like Derrick Morgan and Kirk Morrison than McClain and a 4th rounder.
3rd paragraph: I could have added that in. I didn't have a ton of time as I was updating this in real time during the draft.
4th paragraph: I didn't knock a single pick because of lack of athleticism. McClain didn't fill a huge need (see my explanation above) and that was my biggest knock of their draft.
raiders707

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want 10 minutes of my life back Evil or Very Mad , first off dont come in here askin us "oh what do you think of my assement for your team" and act like what we did in the off season was nothing.. to our standards and how our staff has handle this offseason its been a lot better then other times. very bias waste of a read. we will have a good season this year, i really think were a wildcard team this year and a divison champ next year. wishful thinking.. Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: