Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Experiment is Over
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: The Experiment is Over Reply with quote

Hester at Wr = Fail

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Experiment is Over Reply with quote

Where'sRaymont? wrote:
Hester at Wr = Fail

hester at punt returning is a fail too

daniel manning is so much better right now

its time for these players to take responsibility for their poor play
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did we pay Hester all that money for? He's simply not getting it done as a WR or a KR. Danieal Manning is better than him as a returner at this point.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Why did we pay Hester all that money for? He's simply not getting it done as a WR or a KR. Danieal Manning is better than him as a returner at this point.

I'm not gonna begrudge them that. I'm not giving up on him. I think the Bears are misusing him. As a situational offensive player/returner he can have an immediate significant positive impact for the Bears. As a starting Wr, and all the responsibilites that position entails, he's a non-factor.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'sRaymont? wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

I'm not gonna begrudge them that. I'm not giving up on him. I think the Bears are misusing him. As a situational offensive player/returner he can have an immediate significant positive impact for the Bears. As a starting Wr, and all the responsibilites that position entails, he's a non-factor.

With the contract he demanded, we can't afford to to use him as just a returner/situational guy.

He's paid like a real, true-blue pro-bowl #1 receiver.
Phasd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earl Bennett needs to get some playing time and quick. Forte cannot do it all by himself and Orton can't have his go-to targets be a RB and a TE. The Bears need help at WR. Hester needs to focus on what he does best, even though he has been less than spectacular at doing it this season.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckbearded wrote:
Where'sRaymont? wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

With the contract he demanded, we can't afford to to use him as just a returner/situational guy.

He's paid like a real, true-blue pro-bowl #1 receiver.

You might be right, but we can't just keep banging our heads against the wall.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Angelo and Devin Hester make me so mad.

Anquan Boldin is complaining in Arizona because his contract averages $5.5 million a year and he's one of the best WRs in the NFL. Meanwhile, Hester gets an extension of 4 years, $41 million.

Hester should be biting people and kneeing guys in the junk to break tackles. Talk about getting a giant raise you don't deserve!
Samanchek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Hester only get paid most of his money if he performs as a top receiver?
Neckbearded

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samanchek wrote:
Doesn't Hester only get paid most of his money if he performs as a top receiver?

He gets the 41 million just for being on the team. If he hits certain escalators, he could make 19 million ON TOP OF the 41 mil.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phasd wrote:
Earl Bennett needs to get some playing time and quick. Forte cannot do it all by himself and Orton can't have his go-to targets be a RB and a TE. The Bears need help at WR. Hester needs to focus on what he does best, even though he has been less than spectacular at doing it this season.

He could take Booker's play. At least there would be no falloff in production.

I'm more than willing to give Hester another season, but it would be nice if he remained a top flight return man while he was learning the receiver position.
sandbag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckbearded wrote:
Samanchek wrote:

He gets the 41 million just for being on the team. If he hits certain escalators, he could make 19 million ON TOP OF the 41 mil.

The escalators should be pretty safe by now...
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
Phasd wrote:

He could take Booker's play. At least there would be no falloff in production.

I'm more than willing to give Hester another season, but it would be nice if he remained a top flight return man while he was learning the receiver position.

I don't buy that whole notion that just because Hester is learning how to play receiver then naturally his return game production should fall off a bit. These guys are supposed to be in top notch shape, so there is no excuse for him being too tired. Also returning kickoffs and punts is pretty straightforward, you catch and run.
Thug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy is hurt. He'll be back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes been a nonfactor and it has been hurting his returning. Take him out because he is not making as big of a factor as he used too when all he had to do was concentrate on returning.

Last edited by rub10 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: