Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player of the week: Week 9

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who played the best and impressed the most in week 9 for the Bills?
Robert Royal
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Derek Fine
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Paul Posluszny
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Jabari Greer
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Message
jb_gobills


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 14635
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Player of the week: Week 9 Reply with quote

Who played the best and impressed the most in week 9 for the Bills?

Robert Royal: 5 receptions for 70 yards

Derek Fine: 4 receptions for 43 yards and 1 touchdown

Paul Posluszny: 8 tackles (7 solo)

Jabari Greer: 2 tackles (2 solo), 1 INT for 42 yards and 1 touchdown

Other: Please state who and why

I liked what I saw from Derek Fine, however my vote goes to Jabari Greer.
_________________

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buff Naked


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 827
Location: Kitchener, ON
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Posluszny had a great game.

There was one play where he reconized the run and exploded into the backfield for a loss. First time I saw that from him.

He had decent pressure on the QB when he blitzed like the first play of the game and at times he looked like the only one who felt like tackling today.
_________________
"Dear Bills, it's not too late to circle the wagons" - Chris Berman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mob16151


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 4526
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only answer to this question is Derek Fine for a guy who saw his first nfl action last week to consistently find a way to get open underneath was very impressive he needs to work on his blocking a little but most rookie te's do. Honestly I like whjat I saw from fine and he reminded me a little of the last legitimate Te the bills had.....Jay Riemersma.
_________________


Thanks to QuinneyluvsNFL for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandwhich


Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Posts: 8344
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mob16151 wrote:
The only answer to this question is Derek Fine for a guy who saw his first nfl action last week to consistently find a way to get open underneath was very impressive he needs to work on his blocking a little but most rookie te's do. Honestly I like whjat I saw from fine and he reminded me a little of the last legitimate Te the bills had.....Jay Riemersma.


Not to take anything away from him, because he had a great game, but the Jets have allowed that all year long from just about everyone.

Week 1 (@ MIA)
TE: 12 rec, 137 yds, 2 TD
RB: 3 rec, 37 yds
TOTAL: 15 rec, 174 yds, 2 TD

Week 2 (vs. NE)
TE: 1 rec, 14 yds
RB: 6 rec, 57 yds
TOTAL: 7 rec, 71 yds

Week 3 (@ SD)
TE: 3 rec, 30 yds, 1 TD
RB: 9 rec, 76 yds
TOTAL: 12 rec, 106 yds, 1 TD

Week 4 (vs. ARI)
TE: 1 rec, 11 yds
RB: 7 rec, 48 yds
TOTAL: 8 rec, 59 yds

Week 6 (vs. CIN)
TE: 4 rec, 34 yds
RB: 2 rec, 2 yds
TOTAL: 6 rec, 36 yds

Week 7 (@ OAK)
TE: 5 rec, 61 yds
RB: 5 rec, 57 yds
TOTAL: 10 rec, 118 yds

Week 8 (vs. KC)
TE: 10 rec, 113 yds, 1 TD
RB: 3 rec, 19 yds
TOTAL: 13 rec, 132 yds, 1 TD

Week 9 (@ BUF)
TE: 9 rec, 113 yds, 1 TD
RB: 7 rec, 76 yds
TOTAL: 16 rec, 189 yds, 1 TD
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mob16151


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 4526
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
mob16151 wrote:
The only answer to this question is Derek Fine for a guy who saw his first nfl action last week to consistently find a way to get open underneath was very impressive he needs to work on his blocking a little but most rookie te's do. Honestly I like whjat I saw from fine and he reminded me a little of the last legitimate Te the bills had.....Jay Riemersma.


Not to take anything away from him, because he had a great game, but the Jets have allowed that all year long from just about everyone.

Week 1 (@ MIA)
TE: 12 rec, 137 yds, 2 TD
RB: 3 rec, 37 yds
TOTAL: 15 rec, 174 yds, 2 TD

Week 2 (vs. NE)
TE: 1 rec, 14 yds
RB: 6 rec, 57 yds
TOTAL: 7 rec, 71 yds

Week 3 (@ SD)
TE: 3 rec, 30 yds, 1 TD
RB: 9 rec, 76 yds
TOTAL: 12 rec, 106 yds, 1 TD

Week 4 (vs. ARI)
TE: 1 rec, 11 yds
RB: 7 rec, 48 yds
TOTAL: 8 rec, 59 yds

Week 6 (vs. CIN)
TE: 4 rec, 34 yds
RB: 2 rec, 2 yds
TOTAL: 6 rec, 36 yds

Week 7 (@ OAK)
TE: 5 rec, 61 yds
RB: 5 rec, 57 yds
TOTAL: 10 rec, 118 yds

Week 8 (vs. KC)
TE: 10 rec, 113 yds, 1 TD
RB: 3 rec, 19 yds
TOTAL: 13 rec, 132 yds, 1 TD

Week 9 (@ BUF)
TE: 9 rec, 113 yds, 1 TD
RB: 7 rec, 76 yds
TOTAL: 16 rec, 189 yds, 1 TD


So the bills tied with a Gonzalez led te corp in KC and were outgained by the dolphins notice our te's put up more yardage than everyone else which if they continue this means buffalos first rd pick can be spent on fixing the C/DE/FS positions which halfway into the season seem to be much larger concerns then TE. Also IMO Fine did the one thing a lot of TE's seem to have problems learning which is catch the ball with your hands and use your body to shield the db.
_________________


Thanks to QuinneyluvsNFL for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetfan66


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 5468
Location: Floral Park, NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Jets fan, I'd have to say Poz had the best game. He always seemed to be the one involved in the run game or chasing down TJ in the flat.
_________________

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Buffalo_Kid


Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 4694
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, he looked great for only playing in his second game of his NFL career, i think that if we work with him we may not need to pick a TE in the 1st or 2nd rounds next year.
_________________

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bills102


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 2460
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Fine, he looked great for only playing in his second game of his NFL career, i think that if we work with him we may not need to pick a TE in the 1st or 2nd rounds next year.


If he plays like that every game I'd agree. He showed he can get open and he deffinetly has the build to be a good blocker. He could easily be a good TE we just need to put some effort into him.

Seriously though if we do not address our center position, the pass rush and somebody to fill in for Ellison along with a legit starter opposite simpson I will be questioning what we are seriously trying to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group