Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders vs Baltimore Ravens Official Gameday Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Oakland Raiders vs Baltimore Ravens Official Gameday Thread Reply with quote

VS

Coming into Baltimore we have the 2-4 Raiders taking on the 3-3 Ravens. It is a huge game for the Raiders and with a victory could put them right there for the division lead. Here is how I break down the matchups

QB: Slight advantage to the Raiders.

RB: Both teams are very good on the ground so I will call it a wash.

FB: Ravens. McClain has really impressed me so far.

WR: Ravens. Raiders can make it close but they need Javon to step up big time

TE: Equal. Both Heap and Miller are very good TE.

OL: Ravens. Kwame Harris blows.

DL: Ravens. They are tops in rushing d.

LB: Ravens. I will now give them the advantage mainly because they have 3 good players and Brown is the weak ling. Plus Lewis is a HOF MLB.

CB: Raiders. Aso. No need to say more.

SS: Raiders. Gibril has been real good lately.

FS Ravens. Ed Reed>>>>>Hiram Eugene

Special Teams: Raiders. Mr. Superpunter and SeaBass.

Raiders Keys to victory: Run, run, run. We need to establish the run early in the game to open it up for J-Roc. We need to make Flacco beat us and I don't think he can. If we stop Willis we have a great shot to take this game in Baltimore. Also, unleash DMAC!!!

21-17 Raiders pull it out.

GO RAIDERS!!!!!

mission27 wrote:
I KNEW you were going to be smug about the pureness of your urine

#JDI

Last edited by thelawoffices on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
saltydog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it sunday already? Laughing
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saltydog wrote:

Oh how I wish it was. Im already pumped.

mission27 wrote:
I KNEW you were going to be smug about the pureness of your urine

#JDI
saltydog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a wet game this should be a running game. I am expecting low scoring This could be a fun mud bowl. Look for fumbles and slippery balls.

http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=55262

Quote:
Q: Can you tell us about the rain that they’re probably going to have this weekend and problems about being on the road, are you guys going to go to the stadium for walk-through?

Coach Cable: Oh yeah, we’ll go Saturday morning, I hope it rains cats and dogs. I’m expecting it to rain on Sunday, we’ve already talked about it. If you worry about that stuff A) you’re not very good and B) you’re worried about the wrong things. We’ve already addressed that
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is going to be a tough game.

West Coast teams have yet to win on the east coast playing at 10 am, so hopefully we are able to break that trend.

We cant beat ourselves with stupid penalties if we expect to win this game. Joe Flacco is going to make a mistake or two, and we have to capatilize on them and make them pay each time. JaMarcus is going to have to get that ball out of his hands quickly, because Baltimore will be bringing the heat.

DMC needs more touches. Fargas has to be more decisive in picking his holes. And Michael Bush just needs to get his hands all the ball, that was ridiculous what happened last week.

Javon Walker was great last week. He needs to do it again because I feel that he has a favorable matchup against Fabs, who struggles against bigger WRs. Zach Miller, as always, is going to play a huge roll for us. I've noticed that Miller has his best games against 3-4 defenses, and the Ravens run a hybrid 3-4/4-3. Miller has 20 cathes 253 yards against teams that run 3-4s in his short career.

Hopefully last week was a turning point for this team, and they have all rallied together.

Last edited by SilverNBlackFan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
saltydog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we go with Bush and give McFadden some time off or use him in the slot.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/10/23/mcfadden-limited-with-sore-toe/
Quote:
– Darren McFadden’s right turf toe is acting up again.

McFadden was limited in practice Thursday and was walking gingerly out to practice both days this week.

Coach Tom Cable and McFadden insist it’s no big deal, but considering how the condition can linger and that the only thing that can cure it is prolonged rest, you wonder if he’ll ever be 100 percent this year.

“Just a little (soreness) in my toe,” McFadden said. “I got back on the field and I’m good.”
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Oakland Raiders vs Baltimore Ravens Official Gameday Thr Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:

LB: Raiders. Kirk and Thomas are beasts.

HOF Ray Lewis (playing lights out) and Suggs are hand down the better LB in this matchup. Ray Lew is the reason the Ravens haven't give up 100 yards to a RB in over 20 something games.

Morrison and Howard are so so so overrated by Raiders faithful.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going 13-10 Raiders, play of the game is going to be a late 4th quarter 47yrd FG by Seabass that was put in position to win by a should have been easy but turn into a sloppy juggled catch none other than R.Curry himself

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Ben Tate
WR: Wes Welker
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR/TE: Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham
D/ST: SF
K:Stephen Gostkowski

War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saltydog wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.

Doesn't this usually go up Saturday night or Sunday a.m.?

Cool
#1RAIDER FAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Oakland Raiders vs Baltimore Ravens Official Gameday Thr Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:

HOF Ray Lewis (playing lights out) and Suggs are hand down the better LB in this matchup. Ray Lew is the reason the Ravens haven't give up 100 yards to a RB in over 20 something games.

I agree. The middle of the field has been the weakness in pass defense, Morrison gets blocked often, and sometimes they look flat out lost.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Oakland Raiders vs Baltimore Ravens Official Gameday Thr Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:

Agreed.

Bart Scott is no slouch either
TheGreatFatMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. That is all I can say for this matchup. The only chance that we have is that B-more can't put up much for points, and Jamarcus has been solid about not turning the ball over, which should give us a solid chance. However, doing a rundown like the OP did, I've gotta give it a different take:

QB - Raiders by a small margin: J.Russ hasn't been very lights out, or accuate, but has been slightly better in the turnover department (6 for Jamarcus vs. 8 for Flacco)

HB - Ravens by a decent margin: While both are similarly talented, Ravens have done a significantly better job of execution. McGahee looks pretty alright now, so that is a big worry for the SnB.

WR+TE - Looks to be a wash, as the Ravens really only seem to have one good WR in D. Mason, while the Raiders only have one real threat in the passing game in Miller (unless Walker shows SOME worth and Curry can remember how to catch a f***ing ball)

OL - Don't know how good Baltimore's is, and from what I can tell, it aint that good, but its hard to be worse than Oakland. So I'll say Raven's by a hair, after actually looking up the overall sack and rushing stats.

DL - B-Mo by a decent margin: Raiders are pretty awful in run d, while the Ravens are the best in the business, but we're surprisingly good at pass rushing (no doubt from the fact that, for 3 quarters, we don't play prevent)

LB - Ray-Ray. Need I say more?

DB - Nnamdi>>>any of Baltimores CB's, but our joke of a safety corps (that means you, Mr. #7 pick M. Huff), combined with Ed Reed's ability makes this a wash

ST - Raiders are the best in the league in special teams, while Baltimore is bumbling around in the lower parts of the league in this category. Raiders by a significant margin.

So, while logic dictates that the Ravens should just be able to run at will, and use their front 7 to force mistakes from J-Russ, and make our coaching look terrible...24-23 Raiders, on a 54 yard game winner by our favorite Polish bar fighting drunk.[/b]
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god there are some intelligent Raiders fans on here who know who the better LB corps is. I almost stopped reading after the OP said that the Raiders won in that category.

QB - Raiders by a slight margin (both not very good at this stage, but JR has been more careful)

HB - Wash, both teams are running very well

OL - Ravens by a hair, though with injury to Yanda, it gets closer

WR - Ravens by a hair, though our only real target is Mason

DL - Ravens

LB - Ravens

CB - Raiders

S - Ravens

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard its going to be a Rainy game, so that means Special Teams is going to play a huge factor in field position and so on.

I think we have the slight advantage in ST. Stover is a great kicker and Seabass has been lights out this year also. Shane Lechler is the best Punter in NFL history maybe, and JLH has been getting some great returns. Yamom Figurs is very dangerous for them also.

ST will be huge. I know Harbaugh is going to stress SPT, being that he was one with Philly for a long time.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
I heard its going to be a Rainy game, so that means Special Teams is going to play a huge factor in field position and so on.

I think we have the slight advantage in ST. Stover is a great kicker and Seabass has been lights out this year also. Shane Lechler is the best Punter in NFL history maybe, and JLH has been getting some great returns. Yamom Figurs is very dangerous for them also.

ST will be huge. I know Harbaugh is going to stress SPT, being that he was one with Philly for a long time.

There is a slight chance that he may not play and if he does it'll be for certain that he wouldn't be any near 100%, as he was unable to practice due to a knee problem... You guys have a lot of injuries this week http://www.nfl.com/teams/injuries?team=BAL&week=8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: