Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Steelers vs. Texans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Week 2: Steelers vs. Texans Reply with quote

Two young QBs face off this week as Big Ben comes to Houston to face off against David Carr's Texans. Discuss the game here.
Jbizzle69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging by the way that the Texans let up sacks last week this game could get ugly for the Texans considering the Steelers defense is dominant...

just a thought

Thanks PatsDynasty21 for the sig.

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII Champions!
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad, but true.

But I think Buffalo is a better team than Pittsburgh, both offensively and defensively. If there was any game that could get the texans ready to face the Steelers, it was that one.
Jbizzle69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Sad, but true.

But I think Buffalo is a better team than Pittsburgh, both offensively and defensively. If there was any game that could get the texans ready to face the Steelers, it was that one.

i'm not saying that your not entitled to your opinion but there is no way that Buffalo is a better TEAM than Pittsburgh, i'm not saying that buffalo is a bad team but come on our second teamers beat them last year when they were still fighting for a playoff spot

Thanks PatsDynasty21 for the sig.

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII Champions!
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbizzle69 wrote:
texansfan wrote:
Sad, but true.

i'm not saying that your not entitled to your opinion but there is no way that Buffalo is a better TEAM than Pittsburgh, i'm not saying that buffalo is a bad team but come on our second teamers beat them last year when they were still fighting for a playoff spot

The Bills are all hype, IMO. But if they handle the Bucs like they did the texans then I'll consider some of what's being said. The Steelers have a chance to run away with this one also this week.

D. Carr is a good, but he still looks like a rookie at times. That's the Texans biggest concern is if D. Carr can ever live up to the hype created around him.

I'll take the steelers in this one

Steelers 27
Texans 16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that the Steelers aren't still an impressive team..... I just think that Buffalo is better. I've never really jumped on the Roethelisberger band-wagon, and still am not that impressed with him. I thought Losman had more weapons at his disposal with Lee Evans, Eric Moulds and Willis Mcgahee than Roethelisberger does with Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle-El and Willie Parker. Defensively they are close, with both teams sporting tremendous linebacking corps.... but I like Buffalo's secondary with Vincent, Milloy, Clements and Mcgee.

Buffalo is a good team and so is Pittsburgh. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, it's just my opinion. But we'll see how the season turns out.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
I'm not saying that the Steelers aren't still an impressive team..... I just think that Buffalo is better. I've never really jumped on the Roethelisberger band-wagon, and still am not that impressed with him. I thought Losman had more weapons at his disposal with Lee Evans, Eric Moulds and Willis Mcgahee than Roethelisberger does with Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle-El and Willie Parker. Defensively they are close, with both teams sporting tremendous linebacking corps.... but I like Buffalo's secondary with Vincent, Milloy, Clements and Mcgee.

Buffalo is a good team and so is Pittsburgh. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, it's just my opinion. But we'll see how the season turns out.

Know offense taken. It's your opinion and your entitled to it all I did was comment on what I felt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is gonna be sad. Crying or Very sad I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Carr doing any better that last week.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
texansfan wrote:

Know offense taken. It's your opinion and your entitled to it all I did was comment on what I felt.

Face it people will never like big ben he could win 5 super bowls and people be like hmm he never pass back in 05 Week 2 or something they can make up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: