Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 Gameday: NYJ vs. CIN (10/12/08) [1:00 PM CBS]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Week 6 Gameday: NYJ vs. CIN (10/12/08) [1:00 PM CBS] Reply with quote

vs.

Time: 1:00 PM EST
Date: October 12th, 2008
TV/Radio: CBS/1050 ESPN Radio

Jets Starting Lineup

Offense:
QB: Brett Favre
HB: Thomas Jones
FB: Tony Richardson
TE: Chris Baker
WR: Laveranues Coles
WR: Jerricho Cotchery
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG: Alan Faneca
C: Nick Mangold
RG: Brandon Moore
RT: Damien Woody

Defense:
DE: Shaun Ellis
NT: Kris Jenkins
DE: Kenyon Coleman
LOLB: Bryan Thomas
WLB: Eric Barton
MLB: David Harris
ROLB: Calvin Pace
CB: Dwight Lowery
FS: Kerry Rhodes
SS: Abram Elam
CB: Darrelle Revis

Special Teams:
K: Jay Feely
P: Reggie Hodges
KR: Leon Washington
PR: Leon Washington
LS: James Dearth

Background
The Jets will be playing the Bengals as the NY Titans for the last time this season. Coming off the bye week always seems to help the Jets turn things around, however for the first time since 2004 their bye has been scheduled before Week 8. With new players in the locker room, this bye has much more of a mental impact than a physical impact, but the players may be missing that late season break. The Jets have interchanged wins with losses so far this season, and currently stand at 2-2. Looking to start a win streak and with a wide open AFC East division, they will be looking to catch up to the Bills and Pats in the title race. Expect them to get the running game going after relying mostly on Brett Favre's arm in their past 2 contests.

The Bengals come to The Meadowlands an 0-5 ball club, although they could just as easily be 4-1 or 3-2 in those games. They tend to play up to their competition, just barely losing to the Giants in OT and almost taking the Cowboys last week. Trouble with the running game on both sides of the ball has led to some frustration, but this team still has it's All Pro QB and WRs in Carson Palmer and TJ Houshmenzadah and Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson respectively. They are a team willing to try anything to catch their opponents off guard and snatch their first win of the season, they should not be overlooked.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the game. I'll be sure to pay attention to a lot of defensive stuff, the things you normally can't see on TV.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a dumb question but

whats the LS: under special teams? lol
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsx24 wrote:

Long snapper. They are the ones who snap the ball on punts and field goal tries. Dearth has been our LS for years now, he is one of the best IMO. I can't remember a time when he had a horrible snap.

*knocks on wood*

fmdomincan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
I'll be at the game. I'll be sure to pay attention to a lot of defensive stuff, the things you normally can't see on TV.

Ill be at the game too.......... Im flying from FL to NY to watch it.........
Jetsx24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Jetsx24 wrote:

Long snapper. They are the ones who snap the ball on punts and field goal tries. Dearth has been our LS for years now, he is one of the best IMO. I can't remember a time when he had a horrible snap.

*knocks on wood*

oh aight.. i kno what long snapper is but i thought it was mangold to be honest..lol
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

I actually find it harder to pay attention to specific things during a game since there is always a friend chirping in my ear and the fans near by are rambling about something stupid or yelling... I guess it is much easier if you have great seats as well, I think TV since I'm generally secluded most of the time unless it is a big game gets me to check at plays with more detail and certain players then on the field.

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
TheChad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 5 Gameday: NYJ vs. CIN (10/12/08) [1:00 PM CBS] Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Damn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 5 Gameday: NYJ vs. CIN (10/12/08) [1:00 PM CBS] Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Damn.

Yeah, Nuge still isn't practicing. If he is out a couple more weeks and doesn't improve I see us putting him on IR. Good thing about this injury though is that it will probably drive down his price for his contract, he is a free agent at the end of the season.

Payne Train

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have a bad feeling about this game. Something just doesnt sit right with me. Trap game!

props to Kiltman for making the sig
Augustus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payne Train wrote:
I really have a bad feeling about this game. Something just doesnt sit right with me. Trap game!

Indeed.

Hopefully Carson Palmer sits this one out; he hasn't been practicing too much thus far.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payne Train wrote:

I can't consider this one a trap game, the Jets have had two weeks to prepare for this one. If anything, St. Louis is a trap game because that's the last game before a stretch of Buffalo, New England, Denver.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Payne Train wrote:

I can't consider this one a trap game, the Jets have had two weeks to prepare for this one. If anything, St. Louis is a trap game because that's the last game before a stretch of Buffalo, New England, Denver.

If I remember correctly, we play the Bills before we play the Rams. Then NE, Tennessee, and Denver. That stretch right there should give us all an idea about the Jets being a contender or not.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Davey wrote:
Payne Train wrote:

If I remember correctly, we play the Bills before we play the Rams. Then NE, Tennessee, and Denver. That stretch right there should give us all an idea about the Jets being a contender or not.

You're right. It's Kansas City the Jets play before the Bills.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyankee1nyj wrote:
Davey wrote:

I actually find it harder to pay attention to specific things during a game since there is always a friend chirping in my ear and the fans near by are rambling about something stupid or yelling... I guess it is much easier if you have great seats as well, I think TV since I'm generally secluded most of the time unless it is a big game gets me to check at plays with more detail and certain players then on the field.

I totally agree with you. First off when I go I usually get completely hammered before entering the stadium. But besides that its so hard to pay attention to player stats and whose doing what. I didn't even know until I came home and read on here that Lamont was the one pounding the rock toward the end of that game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: