Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KC @ Oakland ... Week 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: KC @ Oakland ... Week 2 Reply with quote

Well Chiefs fans .. it's here again. The famed twice a year RAIDER WEEK ! So .. lets get some dialogue going.

I believe the Raiders are gonna be very motivated Sunday night. The possibility of going 0-2 in this division makes this an early season must win for them. If the Chiefs can win .. we will have 2 divison teams at 0-2 (Den plays SD in week 2 and they are both 0-1 so one of them is going 0-2) A loss and the Chiefs finish next week tied for 1st and having gained no ground. It's a great opportunity to get a quick lead on our divison foes and capitalize on their slow starts.

With all the injuries however.. I'm very concerned. It appears Sims will be out this coming week. Apparently this will have the Chiefs continue what they did alot of in the opener.. and that is to play 3-4 alot more. I'm a lil worried about this because Lamont Jordan is a smash mouth RB and I think the Raiders will want to do a much better job of establishing that run and playing play-action off it. Classic Norv Turner offense. That said I expect to see alot of it and 3-4's are traditionally NOT as strong against power running as a 4-3 would be. The Chiefs need to do the same thing they did to the Jets. Jump out early ! Help the defense by making the Raiders rely on Kerry Collins and leave behind the run game. I thought Kerry looked horrible last week... and lacked confidence. Hopefully Surtain will be back and he will be needed to lock down whomever splits to his side of the field. The rest of the coverage can roll. On offense Jordon Black and Ronnie Cruz will need to step up in the run game. Richardson and Roaf missing could really hurt and they have big shoes to fill. On the other side it's hoped that Sampson will be able to return to RT and play. If not Bober will get the start and the O-line will be very thin !

The saving grace in all of this are the linebackers. Johnson, Mitchell, and Bell were great all game ! Keyaron Fox played a role in that as well after gunther started running so much 3-4. Surtain and Knight were perfect. They made plays .. they play smart. Great additions !

Bring On the Raiders !
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Moss and Porter having a huge game against you guys. This might be one of the highest scoring games of the year.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
CHIEFS 4 LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i dont know about one of the highest scoring games of the year i mean it was only 23 - 17 but who cares i mean the Chiefs are still winning so thats always good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: