Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gannon said "it's an impossible place to work"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cali_For_Nia


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 403
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Gannon said "it's an impossible place to work" Reply with quote

Quote:
Rich Gannon, in a radio interview, said: "It's not a tough place to work, it's an impossible place to work. "... It's an organization that is, in my opinion, dysfunctional."


Quote:
Warren Sapp said on television, "Nobody tells you how bad it is." Sapp said he was mad that ex-Raiders didn't warn him and said if anyone calls him for advice he says, "Do not go anywhere near Oakland


http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_10614216?source=most_emailed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ClockworkOrange


Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Posts: 4754
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..


Do not knock Gannon he played well for you and gave you one bright spot in 22 years of failure.

That team succeed despite Al not because of him.
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClockworkOrange wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..


Do not knock Gannon he played well for you and gave you one bright spot in 22 years of failure.

That team succeed despite Al not because of him.


Well said. That team succeeded simply because Bruce Allen was a, you are not going to believe this, actual GM!! He was able to "work" with Al and allow Gruden enough leverage to get things going his way briefly.

Also, winning can't be denied. Winning shut people up, winning makes Al happy and harmless to an extent. Just win baby!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
riceraider8080


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 6377
Location: Missoula, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..


You people are amazing. You're tearing down Gannon now to defend Al Davis. Rolling Eyes The blind homerism against Al Davis is so amazing on this forum. It's so sad that you guys are THAT BLIND.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superman 2000


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 14656
Location: Da Mo-Town
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..


You people are amazing. You're tearing down Gannon now to defend Al Davis. Rolling Eyes The blind homerism against Al Davis is so amazing on this forum. It's so sad that you guys are THAT BLIND.


I agree with this guy man. Rich did loads for us and we did loads for him too don't get me wrong, but Rich gotus near a Super Bowl and with him we always had a chance in the playoffs. Beside Kenny Stabler, and maybe The Mad Bomber he may be the best QB we ever had man. I think I forgetting someone too but I havent been around long enough to say who it is
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cellomac1212


Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 2035
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is "wow." Finally someone with enough pull to come out and tell all u Al Davis fans what it's really like in Oakland. Everyone who has ever down talked Oakland, according to Davis fans, wasn't good and that's the only reason they are talking.

What yall gone say now?

Even Rich Gannon who didn't excel in football until he got to Oakland admits it.

Let's see. What happened in those few good years.

1. Gruden gave Al the middle finger and did it his way.

2. Gannon turned into a superstar.

3. When "yes man" Callahan came in, Gannon gave him the middle finger and did it his way. Hence all the audibles on damn near every play. All he did was call what Gruden would have game planned if he was still there.

Results:
1. Gruden let go...Al Davis

2. Gannon quits... never knew why until now...Al Davis

3. Bunch of "yes men" coaches...Raiders worst team ever in a 5 year span...Al Davis

Thank you Gannon for letting these naive Al Davis fans know what it was like for you in Oakland... Impossible.
_________________

I hoped for a playoff appearance, but the passing of Al met terms for my sig removal after 3+ years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayArea07


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 23221
Location: 8*3*1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..
Laughing How sad...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49er guy49


Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Posts: 8123
Location: Riverside CA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..


maybe the reason he threw five picks because he was playing against the coach that ran his offence, and he was still running gruden's offence when they went to teh superbowl.......but gruden being traded had nothing to do with Al Davis
_________________

Gridirongreat#9 rocks^^^^
Go Niners!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEd-bSDNZI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RaiderWarrior29


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 2470
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting Lame seriously, The ownership, the ex-player waiting til now to somethign but didnt while they were there, the ex-coach, the whinning from fans seriously this is like a lame teeny bopper show on mtv lol this is The Real World OAKLAND ! L-A-M-E
_________________
Roster:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Ben Tate
WR: Wes Welker
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR/TE: Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham
D/ST: SF
K:Stephen Gostkowski

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14111
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Al (and Kiff to an extent) started the "airing out the laundry" thing so now everybody's feeling free to answer him.

And it's good, that mess has to be exposed if we ever want it to change. And trust me, i really want it, the state of this franchise is making me sick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..


You people are amazing. You're tearing down Gannon now to defend Al Davis. Rolling Eyes The blind homerism against Al Davis is so amazing on this forum. It's so sad that you guys are THAT BLIND.


Who's pumping Al Davis? I didn't even mention him and am not interested in bringing him into it.. Just pointing out that Gannon may just (god forbid I say it) playing this up to garner himself some attention in the process. All of a sudden Gannon goes from "just another announcer" to someone who people want to hear from - well if they're asking to hear what you say Gannon, doesn't it make sense that he would play it up and make it good? Give the people what they want, and then all of a sudden you're a name out there...

Why don't you keep Al Davis out of it, and I'll continue to not make it about Al, and respond to this - was it an "impossible" place for Gannon to work or not?
Doesn't seem too impossible considering his success in Oakland far out matched his success anywhere else, ever. And his greatest failures can hardly be placed at the feet of the place he was working, rather than his own failures..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellomac1212 wrote:
All I can say is "wow." Finally someone with enough pull to come out and tell all u Al Davis fans what it's really like in Oakland. Everyone who has ever down talked Oakland, according to Davis fans, wasn't good and that's the only reason they are talking.

What yall gone say now?

Even Rich Gannon who didn't excel in football until he got to Oakland admits it.

Let's see. What happened in those few good years.

1. Gruden gave Al the middle finger and did it his way.

2. Gannon turned into a superstar.

3. When "yes man" Callahan came in, Gannon gave him the middle finger and did it his way. Hence all the audibles on damn near every play. All he did was call what Gruden would have game planned if he was still there.

Results:
1. Gruden let go...Al Davis

2. Gannon quits... never knew why until now...Al Davis

3. Bunch of "yes men" coaches...Raiders worst team ever in a 5 year span...Al Davis

Thank you Gannon for letting these naive Al Davis fans know what it was like for you in Oakland... Impossible.


#2 on the list. Come on, Gannon quit because of Al? Can't we keep it within reason? He quit because he BROKE HIS NECK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..
Laughing How sad...


Keep posting like this and I'll be PMing the mods real soon. I asked you twice to give it a rest with me, now you're throwing in the (against the rules of the site) pointless posts with no content and no intent but to flame my opinions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49er guy49 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Really?

Well he managed to make a Super Bowl and win an MVP trophy here.... So I'm not sure how impossible it really was.

I guess Al Davis made him throw 5 picks in Tampa and put up the worst quareterback performance in Super Bowl history too. And I think Al came by his house, peed in his roses and kicked his dog on the way out..


maybe the reason he threw five picks because he was playing against the coach that ran his offence, and he was still running gruden's offence when they went to teh superbowl.......but gruden being traded had nothing to do with Al Davis


Audibles? The guy can't call an audible? Hey, I can see 2 picks, I can see 3... But are you really telling me Gannon isn't personally responsible for a game in which he threw 5 picks?

Now it's your turn to respond with some flippant comment about how much I love Al Davis. Go ahead, seems there can't be ANY intelligent discussion on this site unless I'm incensed with Al Davis and am ready to lap up any drivel that's being spewed out of the current state of affairs that is the Oakland Raiders' oraganization and fan base. Go ahead, tell me how much I love Davis and make absolutely certain you don't address anything in the actual thread pertaining to Gannon himself... I'm waiting, waiting to waste my time trying to discuss football and the actual topics at hand rather than listen to 67 posters regurgitate all the identical "Al Davis must die" commentary while their football lives are on hold because they just can't let it go. So go ahead, let's hear it, YET AGAIN. It's not getting old at all, really.
Go ahead.
Gannon stubbed his toe? Al Davis.
700 Billion dollar bailout? Al Davis.
Sapp is an idiot loudmouth who never said anything intelligent? Al Davis.
You cheated on me honey? Damn that Al Davis.
You got a C on your Math test Billy? Well, if Al Davis would just stay the hell out of the classroom maybe you would've done better..
God is dead? Al Davis killed him and took his powers..
You don't bring me flowers any more? Al Davis.
Al Davis is the debbul, I invented electricity.
Whatever happened to good old American ingenuity? Al Davis, that's what.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group