Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 Gameday: NYJ vs. SD [9/22/08] [ESPN] [8:30 PM EST]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Week 3 Gameday: NYJ vs. SD [9/22/08] [ESPN] [8:30 PM EST] Reply with quote

vs.

Venue: Qualcomm Stadium
Time: 8:30 PM EST
Date: September 22th, 2008
TV/Radio: ESPN, 1050 ESPN Radio

Projected Jets Starters

Offense:
QB: Brett Favre
HB: Thomas Jones
FB: Tony Richardson
TE: Chris Baker
WR1: Laveranues Coles
WR2: Jerricho Cotchery
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG: Alan Faneca
C: Nick Mangold
RG: Brandon Moore
RT: Damien Woody

Defense:
LDE: Shaun Ellis
NT: Kris Jenkins
RDE: Kenyon Coleman
LOLB: Bryan Thomas
WLB: Eric Barton
MLB: David Harris
ROLB: Calvin Pace
RCB: Dwight Lowery
FS: Kerry Rhodes
SS: Eric Smith
LCB: Darrelle Revis

Special Teams:
K: Jay Feely
P: Ben Graham
KR: Leon Washington / Brad Smith
PR: Leon Washington / Dwight Lowery
LS: James Dearth

Injury report
: Jets

Out
WR David Clowney (shoulder)
K Mike Nugent (right thigh)
P Reggie Hodges (thigh)

Questionable

CB David Barrett (shoulder)
WR Laveranues Coles (thigh)
CB Justin Miller (foot)

Injury report
: Chargers

Out
C Nick Hardwick (foot)

Questionable

T Marcus McNeill (neck)
RB LaDainian Tomlinson (toe)

Probable

LB Marques Harris (rib)
S Clinton Hart (hand)
LB Shaun Phillips (groin)
DT Jamal Williams (knee)
RB Darren Sproles (hamstring)

Last edited by Karmaloop on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60 minutes of a Tony Kornheiser-Brett Favre love fest, can't wait.
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the day off work, so I'm ready.

That extra day of waiting is rough though. At least it means I can watch Miami take down the Patriots.

FYI:

Injury report: Jets

Out
WR David Clowney (shoulder)
K Mike Nugent (right thigh)

Questionable
CB David Barrett (shoulder)
WR Laveranues Coles (thigh)
CB Justin Miller (foot)

Injury report: Chargers

Out
C Nick Hardwick (foot)

Questionable
T Marcus McNeill (neck)
RB LaDainian Tomlinson (toe)

Probable
LB Marques Harris (rib)
S Clinton Hart (hand)
LB Shaun Phillips (groin)
DT Jamal Williams (knee)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when will pace finally go to SLB and gholston goes to WLB

Cowboys fan;[quote="MightyMouse07"]Ramses will be the best WR in this draft. There are no doubts about that from me.[/quote]
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaineEvent wrote:

Bryan Thomas is still starting so that's out of the question.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaineEvent wrote:

Never, potentially.

It was only assumed by us fans that Pace would play on the strong side and Gholston on the weak side. Pace has been the weak side player since he came here though and Gholston worked mostly on the strong side.

In nickel/dime packages when Gholston is in as a down lineman he will often line up on the defensive right, but other than that he's been playing on the defensive left.

Then of course, there's the whole thing with him not even starting right now.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaineEvent wrote:

Thomas has been a flat out beast to start the season while Gholston is still getting his bearings, it'll take a good part of the season before we see any real transitions where Gholston gets more playing time..

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
Augustus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some general keys that aren't redundant (assuming LT is out):

Control Antonio Gates- We have faith now that Revis can contain a team's number one wide receiver, so Chris Chambers should have a cross-through, and Dwight Lowery seems adept enough to cover Vincent Jackson. However, we haven't gone up against any elite or even above-average tight ends dating back to probably Kellen Winslow last year, so it's important to see how we cover Gates with linebackers who primarily are run-stoppers. This will determine whether Darren Sproles is able to eat away yardage simply because of the personnel the Jets will have on the field.

Make the San Diego Cornerbacks prove they can stop you- so far, the Chargers' defensive backs have been bad to downright awful, so I want us to keep attacking them until they remember how talented they are. None of this three straight runs garbage; the Chargers are still adequate in stopping the run, but have shown little in the way of stopping the pass. If Antonio Cromartie looks like he's in mid-season form again, then Schotty can go back to his cookie-cutter running plays.

Don't Miss a Chip Shot- Please. It's really amazing how much the momentum changed in both games when we missed or were unable to kick field goals. This isn't exactly a coachable game-plan, per se, but, for the love of God, don't miss another 30 yarder.

Return the Ball out of the End Zone- Our special teams has really been lousy thus far, and much of it has to do with all the touchbacks opposing kickers have gotten. Line up a little deeper and just return it, even if you only get out to the 15. It's tough on a quarterback to always know he has to drive the ball eighty yards, and there is no momentum gained on a touchback to spark a fire. If Leon at least brings it out of the end zone, Brett Favre will have something to build on, instead of starting from scratch.

That should just about do it, I believe.

And please, don't even bother posting if you're going to say "Protect Brett Favre" or "Stop the Run" unless you're going to offer special insight in to how you plan to do that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
60 minutes of a Tony Kornheiser-Brett Favre love fest, can't wait.

Aw crap. Guess that means the TV is going on mute. I'll try and get a radio in there to listen to the game.

I can't stand Kornheiser when Favre isn't even in the game being played. I can't imagine how I would react to listening to him talk about Favre while Favre is playing.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
TheChad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
I took the day off work, so I'm ready.

That extra day of waiting is rough though. At least it means I can watch Miami take down the Patriots.

Ah... HELL YES

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is a lot bigger than people think. If we can win this game, I see us going on a bit of a winning streak for the next month or so. Look at it like this. If we can go into SD and manage a win, then we have the Cards, Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs, Bills, and Rams. All of these games are more than winnable. The worst case scenario I see coming out of this stretch of games are 5-1. By this time, Favre will be Brett Favre. Our offense will finally be called to his style of play. The already great looking OL will be set. Our already great looking D will have it's tweaks worked out. Then of course we have the always hard to play Pats, Titans, and Broncos which will be a hard three games. I feel like SF is a definate win but you never know. Buffalo will be hard, any game in Seattle is difficult and then it's the Phins. So let's say we come out of week 10, 7-2, then lose our next 2 of 3, then split the last 4. That would leave us at 10-6 and a good chance at a playoff berth.

What I'm saying is that this game can save us one in the long run from going 9-7 to 10-6. That's a big deal in the AFC standings. We also need to steal one from either NE, Tennesee, and Denver.

Just something I've been thinking. A little homerish and crazy? Maybe. Possible? Sure If our team lives up to expectations.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you said we could go into our bye 2-2 a week before this season start would you not be happy? So no, we can still lose this game and be fine as long as we beat the Cards in week 4.

As long as we go into our bye at .500 or better we will be fine. Don't forget, we are still gelling, we knew the first 5 or 6 games would be a little shaky. Our first like 5 games after the bye are gimmes.
Augustus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaZeN37 wrote:
If you said we could go into our bye 2-2 a week before this season start would you not be happy? So no, we can still lose this game and be fine as long as we beat the Cards in week 4.

As long as we go into our bye at .500 or better we will be fine. Don't forget, we are still gelling, we knew the first 5 or 6 games would be a little shaky. Our first like 5 games after the bye are gimmes.

The games that we thought were pushovers are suddenly becoming difficult, and we can't afford not to take advantage of teams that are struggling.

Denver is certainly not going to be an easy victory, and most likely won't be a victory at all. Oakland isn't going to be a pushover, either, and neither will San Fran. And those two Bills games aren't going to have W's penciled in prematurely, either.

If we don't go into the bye with a 3-1 record, we're going to be in trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can beat bother Denver and Oakland. The Broncos have yet to play a good defensive team. Oakland's passing game isn't that great but they have a great running game, but our run defense also looks great. SF has beaten Detroit and an injury plagued Seattle...not too impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
We can beat bother Denver and Oakland. The Broncos have yet to play a good defensive team. Oakland's passing game isn't that great but they have a great running game, but our run defense also looks great. SF has beaten Detroit and an injury plagued Seattle...not too impressive.

First of all, San Diego was probably the first defense drafted in your Fantasy Football League.

Second of all, good defense or bad, they've been putting up a lot of points.

And I still think we'll beat Oakland, I'm just saying it's not the automatic W it would have been last year.

Same with SF.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: