Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post combine mock offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFOX21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Post combine mock offseason Reply with quote

Resigns

Cousins(franchised)
Piere Thomas (vet min)
Colt McCoy
Junior Gallete
Mason Foster
Chris Thompson
Tom Compton
Will Compton
Tres Way
Duke Ihenacho

Cuts/not resigned

Perry Riley
RG3
Dashon Goldson
Andre Roberts
Jeron Hamm
Anthony McCoy
Alex Smith
Kedrick Golston
Josh Leribous
Keenan Robinson
Justin Rogers
Will Blackmon
Carry Williams
Hatcher
Lichtenstieger
Darrel Young
Logan Paulson
Chris Culliver
Paea
Hood
Jeron Johnson

FA

NT Ian Williams- very underrated nose tackle who is still young and very stout against the run

FS Tashaun Gipson- another young underrated player who hasn't been mentioned a lot regarding free agent safety's like iolka and Nelson

C Stefen Wisnieski- no brainer, we all want him and fits a huge void!

CB Brandon Boykin- could be a great pickup for us, and won't cost a lot to come in and contribute

Draft

1) DE A'shawn Robinson Alabama
2) ILB Scooby Wright Arizona
3) DE Chris Jones Miss St
4) CB Will Redmond Miss St
5) NT Hassan Ridgeway Texas
6) CB DJ White Georgia Tech
7) RB Tre Madden USC
7) QB Jacoby Brisset NC St.

Depth

QB KC/McCoy/Brisset
RB Jones/Thomas/Thompson/Madden
NO FULLBACK
WR Jackson/Garçon/Crowder/Grant/Ross
TE Reed/Paul/Carrier
LT Williams/Nyske
LG Lavaou/Long
OC Wisniewski
RG Scherref/Kouandjio
RT Moses/Compton

LE Robinson/Francois
NT Williams/Ridgeway
RE Baker/Jones
LOLB Kerrigan/Murphy
ROLB Smith/Gallete
ILB Compton/Wright/Foster
CB Breeland/Boykin/Redmond/Dunbar/White
FS Gipson/Hall
SS Ihenacho/Jarret

Thoughts?

Now I know I'm gonna get some questions like, why no WR? Why draft 3 D lineman? Why 3 Corners in one offseason?
Well..... I did this draft to completely upgrade our defense and for years to come.
I feel like our offense is in a good stable position and that next year we sign a WR

Defense I don't think Paea will ever be worth the money that we paid him and with Culliver coming off ACL I don't beleive he will be the same, when he played I wasn't impressed, Goldson is a cap casualty and he was horrible!

Having a whole new D line that is youthful I believe will help us out a lot! Don't sleep on Chris Jones! I think he would eventually take bakers spot and be a stud!

As far as the secondary I beleive that Redmond will grow and shine, he's a steal in the 4th and could be our next breeland, could wind up pushing Boykin to the slot corner.

Gipson gives us a safety who can actually play! And I bleieve Jarret could eventually be our starter at SS

What do you guys think?!?!?
ripsean21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Post combine mock offseason Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
Resigns

Cousins(franchised)
Piere Thomas (vet min)
Colt McCoy
Junior Gallete
Mason Foster
Chris Thompson
Tom Compton
Will Compton
Tres Way
Duke Ihenacho

Cuts/not resigned

Perry Riley
RG3
Dashon Goldson
Andre Roberts
Jeron Hamm
Anthony McCoy
Alex Smith
Kedrick Golston
Josh Leribous
Keenan Robinson
Justin Rogers
Will Blackmon
Carry Williams
Hatcher
Lichtenstieger
Darrel Young
Logan Paulson
Chris Culliver
Paea
Hood
Jeron Johnson

FA

NT Ian Williams- very underrated nose tackle who is still young and very stout against the run

FS Tashaun Gipson- another young underrated player who hasn't been mentioned a lot regarding free agent safety's like iolka and Nelson

CB Brandon Boykin- could be a great pickup for us, and won't cost a lot to come in and contribute

Draft

7) RB Tre Madden USC

Depth

QB KC/McCoy/Brisset
NO FULLBACK
TE Reed/Paul/Carrier
LT Williams/Nyske
LG Lavaou/Long
OC Wisniewski
RG Scherref/Kouandjio
RT Moses/Compton

LE Robinson/Francois
NT Williams/Ridgeway
RE Baker/Jones
LOLB Kerrigan/Murphy
ROLB Smith/Gallete
FS Gipson/Hall
SS Ihenacho/Jarret

Thoughts?

Now I know I'm gonna get some questions like, why no WR? Why draft 3 D lineman? Why 3 Corners in one offseason?
Well..... I did this draft to completely upgrade our defense and for years to come.
I feel like our offense is in a good stable position and that next year we sign a WR

Defense I don't think Paea will ever be worth the money that we paid him and with Culliver coming off ACL I don't beleive he will be the same, when he played I wasn't impressed, Goldson is a cap casualty and he was horrible!

Having a whole new D line that is youthful I believe will help us out a lot! Don't sleep on Chris Jones! I think he would eventually take bakers spot and be a stud!

As far as the secondary I beleive that Redmond will grow and shine, he's a steal in the 4th and could be our next breeland, could wind up pushing Boykin to the slot corner.

Gipson gives us a safety who can actually play! And I bleieve Jarret could eventually be our starter at SS

Alright where to begin. First off love every player you drafted. That said I think Jones and Redmond you gave us a round later then they will be drafted. That said I think they are both early 2nd and early 3rd guys so I don't think either would make it too us a round earlier. I'm okay I know alot of people love Wright play and I like him as well but I prefer Kentrell Brothers! That guy is a machine and I think he is just a player this team needs. Ridgeway IMO will be gone in the 2nd at latest 3rd so I think we need a different player there. But I love the haul and the draft is crazy so I would love that type of haul.

To FA again everyone like Wiz I'm okay with it but I'd preferably draft the C from Alabama in round 2. Like Gipson but I'd rather draft Houston- Carson or Joseph would be my first choice. That said we cant plug all our holes with the draft as much as I hope we hit every pick it's less then likely. So im okay with the guys you signed. I like it would definitely be a good offseason haul!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin Matt Jones
mlindst867

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Post combine mock offseason Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
LFOX21 wrote:
Resigns

Cousins(franchised)
Piere Thomas (vet min)
Colt McCoy
Junior Gallete
Mason Foster
Chris Thompson
Tom Compton
Will Compton
Tres Way
Duke Ihenacho

Cuts/not resigned

Perry Riley
RG3
Dashon Goldson
Andre Roberts
Jeron Hamm
Anthony McCoy
Alex Smith
Kedrick Golston
Josh Leribous
Keenan Robinson
Justin Rogers
Will Blackmon
Carry Williams
Hatcher
Lichtenstieger
Darrel Young
Logan Paulson
Chris Culliver
Paea
Hood
Jeron Johnson

FA

Draft

7) RB Tre Madden USC

Depth

QB KC/McCoy/Brisset
NO FULLBACK
TE Reed/Paul/Carrier
LT Williams/Nyske
LG Lavaou/Long
OC Wisniewski
RG Scherref/Kouandjio
RT Moses/Compton

LE Robinson/Francois
NT Williams/Ridgeway
RE Baker/Jones
LOLB Kerrigan/Murphy
ROLB Smith/Gallete
FS Gipson/Hall
SS Ihenacho/Jarret

Thoughts?

Alright where to begin. First off love every player you drafted. That said I think Jones and Redmond you gave us a round later then they will be drafted. That said I think they are both early 2nd and early 3rd guys so I don't think either would make it too us a round earlier. I'm okay I know alot of people love Wright play and I like him as well but I prefer Kentrell Brothers! That guy is a machine and I think he is just a player this team needs. Ridgeway IMO will be gone in the 2nd at latest 3rd so I think we need a different player there. But I love the haul and the draft is crazy so I would love that type of haul.

To FA again everyone like Wiz I'm okay with it but I'd preferably draft the C from Alabama in round 2. Like Gipson but I'd rather draft Houston- Carson or Joseph would be my first choice. That said we cant plug all our holes with the draft as much as I hope we hit every pick it's less then likely. So im okay with the guys you signed. I like it would definitely be a good offseason haul!
I agree with Ripsean I like the draft but I don't believe the picks in rounds 3-5 are realistic. I like the free agency and how you filled some big holes at NT and C. I like most of the cuts in resignings but I find some of your cuts unrealistic. For example I highly doubt Stephen Paea is cut after one year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate hearing yalls thoughts! I think the Paea cut is probably not going to happen but if we grabbed Robinson and jones I would hope we would

My thoughts on the draft is that I feel we really could possibly get Redmond in the 4th between his off the field issues and injuries, and as far as ridgeway goes, this draft is sooooo deep at the D line position that there will be some very talented guys fall bc of teams drafting for needs
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your draft. Targeting the defense, and especially loading up on the Dline is always a good thing.

2015 Baldies Award Winner - Thanks Eagles Forum!

Adopt-a-Redskin: Bashaud Breeland
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of your cuts, Griffin is obvious and I can understand the rationale behind Culliver, Goldson, and Hatcher. Goldson and Hatcher are older players and have quite high cap values (the fact that Hatcher was rumored to be considering retirement begs the question of how dedicated he is). Culliver I would be a bit more hesitant about(*), but I wouldn't fight too much.

Your other cuts fall into the category of "well, we can upgrade these positions if things break our way." What I mean by that is letting Robinson walk and cutting Riley only realistically makes sense if we can get Scooby Wright at 53. Otherwise, that would be very silly (**). Likewise, you would only cut Paea (who wouldn't even save you $1M in cap space) only if you were SURE you could get Robinson at 21. Are we sure we can get Wisniewski? Doesn't make sense to cut Lichtensteiger otherwise, does it? Also, I'm not completely convinced Wiz would be that much of an upgrade (when you consider his new contract). If we want to look to center (and I would be in favor of it), I would look to the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round. For the record, Football's Future as a whole is guilty of this. We focus ... well, on the future of teams and not consider the process of how to get there.

As I have said elsewhere, I'm of the opinion you should only look to make one "big" splash in free agency. Right now, three of your four guys are on NFL.com's Top 99 Free Agents, including Gipson (28th best player available, 3rd best FS). I also have said I'm leery of signing top of the market secondary players, so I would put my chips on Ian Williams over Gipson.

(*) Yes, he will be $9.25M against the cap this year and cutting him would save $5.5M in space. However, you have us going into the season with Breeland, a nickel corner, two rookies, and a guy who was just converted from WR. I'm not saying he won't get cut, but I might hedge that bet a little especially if you have Hall moving to safety.

(**) I'm not sure rolling into the regular season with only three inside linebackers is what I would call sensible, but that's a different argument.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1st 4 picks in draft would be as follow:
1) Reggie Ragland or Darron Lee
2) Andrew Billings or Vernon Butler
3) Darian Thompson or Will Redmond
4) Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan or Christian Hackenburg

I like Wisnieski in FA pickup! I would pick up another Center in 5th round, just don't know who. I don't think Nick Martin, Jack Allen or Ryan Kelley would be avail here.
LFOX21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think butler or billings will be there in round 2, also I think we could get Kessler later on
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the Brisset love, but I would be fine if we got him in the 7th. Any earlier though... no thanks.

- mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: