Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GAMEDAY THREAD: RAIDERS @ BILLS
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yemeniraider#1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: GAMEDAY THREAD: RAIDERS @ BILLS Reply with quote

Quote:
Streaks
The Raiders have beaten the Bills seven out of the last eight times and lead the overall series, 19-15.

Last week
A pair of fourth-quarter throws by Trent Edwards, including a 7-yard TD pass to Bills rookie James Hardy, helped Buffalo beat Jacksonville, 20-16. ... Oakland used 300 rushing yards, including 164 from rookie Darren McFadden, to beat the Chiefs, 23-8 at Arrowhead Stadium.

Keep your eye on ...
RB Fred Jackson out of the backfield: Marshawn Lynch is the main man in Buffalo, but Jackson's career-high seven receptions for 83 yards made a huge impact last week. Bills offensive coordinator Turk Schonert wants to incorporate Buffalo's backs more in the passing game and Jackson looks to be taking on that role after catching 22 passes all of last season.

Oakland's backs vs. Buffalo's run defense: With Justin Fargas suffering a groin injury last week, McFadden is likely to get the start against the Bills, who have allowed an average of 91.5 rushing yards in two games. Buffalo's defense will be put the test by McFadden and second-year back Michael Bush, who combined for 254 yards vs. the Chiefs last week.

Javon Walker getting more reps: Walker saw limited action in his debut with Oakland last week, and reported no setbacks in his recovery from a hamstring injury. Walker will continue to take it slow, but look for the Raiders to increase his reps vs. the Bills, against whom he recorded 119 yards on nine receptions last season.

Did you know?
McFadden leads all AFC rookies with 210 rushing yards on 30 attempts. ... The Bills are looking for their first 3-0 start since 1992. ... Lynch is avergaing 98 rushing yards per game over his last five home games.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29561&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

WHAT DO YOU GUYS EXPECT THE RAIDERS TO DO

ANY PREDICTIONS Twisted Evil

keys to success
1. stop the run Very Happy
2. blitz Razz
3. run the ball effectively( which will open up the play action pass) Wink
4. CATCH THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
5. have some "buffalo" wings Laughing

WHY AM I READING ALL THE BILLS FANS SAYING THEY ARE GONNA WIN AND THE MAJORITY OF THE RAIDER FANS SAYING THEY ARE GONNA LOSE. WHERES IS UR GUYS' CONFIDENCE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BEHIND OUR TEAM AND EXPECT THEM TO WIN EVERY GAME. I THOUGHT THE RAIDER NATION WAS DIFFERENT. EVEN IF U THINK THEY ARE GONNA LOSE SAY THEY ARE GONNA WIN BECAUSE THAT MAKE US LOOK WEAK

Last edited by yemeniraider#1 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
bokn0ws

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be a longggg game. I don't think the bills are capable of putting up more than 21 points in a game. I think this game will be decided by whatever team hits 17 first.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bokn0ws wrote:
This could be a longggg game. I don't think the bills are capable of putting up more than 21 points in a game. I think this game will be decided by whatever team hits 17 first.

They put up 30+ points against Seattle... well, the 9ers did too...
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are funny! every always gets so excited to post the "official gameday thread".
but it's only thursday!
Smile
love the excitement!!!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: RAIDERS @ BILLS Reply with quote

yemeniraider#1 wrote:
5. have some "buffalo" wings Laughing

This had me laughing Laughing

CrapTakula wrote:
you guys are funny! every always gets so excited to post the "official gameday thread".
but it's only thursday!

love the excitement!!!

Personally, I've been looking forward to this game since Sunday night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Ryan stays with the Blitzing he did with K.C. and let these probowl "caliber" players play up to their potential, we'll be ok. Smack trent around and have him cause some turnovers.

SO to win we need to

1. Watch our penalties (which we did vs. KC)
2. Blitz blitz and blitz some more. Don't let a mediocre QB like edwards pick us apart cuz he has all day to throw.
3. Jamarcus is gonna HAVE to throw the rock around for us to win this game. Buffalo has a GREAT run D. So we need to loosen that up and throw the ball around.
4. Play makers need to make plays.. in other words.. CATCH THE BALL!
bokn0ws

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the buff wings commment, you just chose what im gonna eat @ my game day hangout. LOL

i made it my goal to eat something different every week watchin the games up @ Okoboji Grill .... one less thing to cross off my list
MNBuff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills 24, Raiders 16 -- Raiders play decent, but fail to convert near the goal line.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the Raiders hotel late Friday night when they get into town.. I'll be there all day on Saturday..

It should be a good time... I'm going to the game with a bunch of friends..

I hope the Raiders get a win..
#1RAIDER FAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the two keys to the game are

Jamarcus Russell. If he plays like he did against KC, we're in for a long day. His passes were off and he had no confidence in the pocket (hard to blame him).

Playcalling. JR needs to be rolling out early and often and hitting deep and intermediate passes to make room for the running game. Buffalo will not respect the passing game so it needs to outplay their secondary. And on defense, I would expect a coordinator thats been around this long to know how to put pressure on the QB one way or another. Thats going to be huge.

We'll win if: JR has a big day and NOT because we fall behind early.

We'll lose if: Well.... we fall behind early.
Totty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at this game. I am hoping we can walk out of there with a W. The Bills are a scrappy team with a decent QB and good RB and a really good D. We need to run the ball, our ticket to success thus far, and make sure Hall can cover damn Roscoe Parrish. If we can be effective with the rock between the tackles, then we are already half way there.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
I will be at this game. I am hoping we can walk out of there with a W. The Bills are a scrappy team with a decent QB and good RB and a really good D. We need to run the ball, our ticket to success thus far, and make sure Hall can cover damn Roscoe Parrish. If we can be effective with the rock between the tackles, then we are already half way there.

You're just going to see Marshawn 'The Next L.T.' Lynch.

Don't lie!
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logic tells me the Bills should win.

But I just get a sneaking feeling that we take this one. The Bills have played the Receiverless 'Hawks and the Jags haven't looked good in either of their games, so the Bills are still to have a real test.

The keys to success are:

1. Mean & Nasty Defense. Buffalo has undersized WRs (Hardy apart) and we need to push them around a bit, and our D needs to do a job on Lynch like they did on Larry Johnson.

2. Presuming Fargas is out, McFadden & Bush need to tear it up again. They won't go 300 yds like they did against KC, but 180+ yds rushing should do the trick.

3. We need a passing game. I know JR was a little rattled in the KC game, but Curry & Lelie need to come up good for him, and we need to involve Miller & Schilens a little more. Russell to Miller we all know about, and Schilens has all the tools to be a red zone threat.

One last thing to say:

Gooooooooooooooooo Raiderzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
-TooReal-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Guys! Should be a good one. The Raiders are one of my favorite teams so I may not get too mad if we lose to you. Wait, I will! Here's to a good hard fought game between two hungry teams! Cheers! Cool
RaiderWarrior29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say we pull this one out 24-21 i give buffalo their props (even though there fans are coming off way to cocky for it only being 2 games into the season) and i feel like they are really playing for something this season but after last week i think that we are just playing for a little more yeah we got off to a terrible start against Den but even it with it being KC they are still an NFL team that are just like anybody and are capable of pulling off a win on anygiven sunday, we didnt win like we did last week based on luck or lack of a quality opponent we won based on aggression on both side of the ball, buffalo fans dont think that these players are going over there just to lie down they are just as tired as we the fans of whats been going on and i thnk that they are playing with a chip on their shoulders if you think we the fans are tired of being the butt of NFL jokes what makes you think taht these players arent sick of it way above their heads i think heads and i think tahts going to push them to win these game

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Ben Tate
WR: Wes Welker
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR/TE: Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham
D/ST: SF
K:Stephen Gostkowski

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: