Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GAMEDAY THREAD: Oakland at K.C.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: GAMEDAY THREAD: Oakland at K.C. Reply with quote

Sunday, September 14th, 2008

I'll be flying out to PHX tomorrow morning and won't be back till Tuesday but, I wanted to start this thread since the game is inching closer and it really is time for this forum to move on from the our loss on MNF.

Things I'll Look For:
Arrow Better OL play
Arrow More penetration by the DL
Arrow D. Hall play like he's worth half of the $ he's getting
Arrow Our WR's to catch the damn ball when it goes through their hands
Arrow ZMill & Chaz to be more involved in the passing game
Arrow Playing time for Stanford Routt
Arrow NO FUMBLES
Arrow JRoc to remain poised under pressure
Arrow A win.

OG's Prediction: Raiders win 17-14

Well, have a good weekend gentlemen and enjoy watching the game.

oh, and here's an important reminder from nick-doggy-dogg that he made in week one's thread:

nickdawg wrote:

Remember to keep it civil, and within Forum Rules. Think your posts over before you hit 'Submit.'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden suffers a torn ACL season ending injury and Russell suffers a shoulder injury from a sack and will be out for 4-6 weeks. JLH muffs not 1 but 2 punts and SBAS misses a 41 yarder. D Hall blows coverages on a 43 yard and a 58 yard pass play.

29-13 Chiefs
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bnvqzw wrote:
McFadden suffers a torn ACL season ending injury and Russell suffers a shoulder injury from a sack and will be out for 4-6 weeks. JLH muffs not 1 but 2 punts and SBAS misses a 41 yarder. D Hall blows coverages on a 43 yard and a 58 yard pass play.

29-13 Chiefs

Congratulation!! You showed how big a [EDITED BY MODERATOR] you are!! You are not a real fan, you are just a stupid dude...wishing injuries...you are a shame for the KC fans!!
pseudolynch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With both teams wanting to run the ball a lot. I look for the score to be real low. I think Huard is more of a threat passing than Croyle would have been. If Oakland can keep LJ under 100 and we rush for over 175 I say we win. However, the defense must step up this week or we might not see a win for a while. I say Oakland 17-13.

Thanks to PilamEngineer for the greatest sig!
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we lose, everyone is going to say:

The Raiders suck, they lost to KC.
And vice versa.

So we gotta win this game.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Congratulation!! You showed how big a [EDITED BY MODERATOR] you are!! You are not a real fan, you are just a stupid dude...wishing injuries...you are a shame for the KC fans!!

And YOU just showed you can't read either the initial post in this thread, or the forum rules, because you just spit in the face of both of them.

And, for that, you're getting a WARNING.
mastayetti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will win this game...

We need to bounce back this week and this is a good team to due it against, They are still in rebuilding mode like us and are hungry for wins and respect, similiar to us.

We need to control that LOS with the run game, once we get past this Dline there aint much there in their back 7, so our running backs should have great games. Hopefully DMC can take one to the house. Fargas should be able to tough out a few yards for us, and we need to use bush more.

Once the run game is set up we can start the passing, there pass rush wasnt anything to brag about against NE, better then ours on MNF though but mostly the pressure came from their blitzing, if we can catch them in a blitz or two, their could be some big pass plays. Maybe Play BUSH and have him stay in to pick up the blitz, once its handle or he throws a chip block, roll of for a dump off option in case nothign is open up field.

If we can shut down the run, and force the pass we should win. stack 8 in the box, lock ASO on Bowe, and have Howard, Morrison and Gibril lock down gonzo and that takes away there passing attack.

WE NEED TO BLITZ, Blitz teh LB's Blitz the DB'S, god there is so much speed on this D, we should run a delay blitz with howard over dBurg, he is so fast he will still get good pressure, Routt is fast as lightning, a CB blitz with howard taking his responsiblity could work. we need to bring atleast 5 on every passing down, ATLEAST.

We need to win this game, WE NEED TO, we need something to build on going forward, If we lose this game we may end up going 0-4 heading into the bye week and i dont think Kiffin will last that long at that point.

We need to blitz, we need to play better pass defense and we need to get a rush, None of this zone coverage for the CB at all, we are a man 2 man defense (I thought thats why we got Hall in the first place) LOCK THEM UP MAN 2 MAN. We can run zone with our LB's and Gibril but NOT with ASO and Hall. Dburg needs to get his head straight and rush the passer, Edwards should play this week and hopefully can help out with the rush, Scott is still way to raw to be getting alot of playing time, he should be used third and fourth quarter as a fresh set of pass rushing legs when their Oline is hopefulyl wearing down, and hopefull he can be effective.

Our ST played really well last week and will need to due that again.

Keys to Raiders success in this game and every game:
1. Run the Ball
2. Stop the Run
3. Control the Clock
4. Win the Field position Battle
5. Win the turnover Battle

If we can do these 5 things we will win more then we lose

Big_Palooka on the sig mastery
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bnvqzw wrote:

29-13 Chiefs

Hey Nick, I totally understand Rolni's warning and I'm not questioning that.. But shouldn't this guy get a warning for trolling on this post as well? Or at least a comment from a mod about it foretelling a future warning if he keeps it up? I mean, come on here, this couldn't be a worse post as far as trolling and/or inciting flaming.
yemeniraider#1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will win 27-10
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For KC to win, they have to jump on us early and establish a lead, just like Denver did to us. It was clear that once Denver had gotten up on us, that our gameplan went right out of the window and we were force to make Russell pass for his life. We aren't a team built to come back from deficits, we're built to stretch games out and wear teams down.

We have to stop Larry Johnson, which won't be an easy task. The Chiefs also have several good back-ups at RB, including Kolby Smith who we all know what he did to us last year. I almost wish that Brodie Croyle would be the Chiefs starting QB, instead of Huard. I feel that Huard is all in all the better QB. I feel that Nnamdi will limit Bowe to a few cacthes and he will have little impact. Deangelo Hall better step his game up, that's all I'm going to say about him. I hope he has recovered from the first-degree burns he received from Eddie Royal.

If we get our running game going early, and our defense plays anything like I think we are capable of playing like...I think we win this game.
KingSoprano

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense won't be as good as it was two years ago. We've lost a step, the only bright sports our namdi, thomas howard and captain kirk. thats all we have deangelo hall proved last week he's not worth the big bucks we gave him, and our defensive still blows. all i can say is it's going to be a long season.
mastayetti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk didnt look good on MNF IMO, he got beat deep by a TE and didnt have a good game stuffin the run.

Howard played alright ASO played good and Jrich had a decent game, thats all on defense, everyone else didn't even show up.

Big_Palooka on the sig mastery
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's gonna be a great game either way. Both have the talent to run. It's gonna really fun watching it. I'd like to say this, good luck to you guys (not trying to insult in any way btw). Raiders/Chiefs always seem to be close games, which I love cuz it makes for an interesting game. I'm out. Oh, and the Dorsey/DMC match-up should be really fun to watch too. Cant wait.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:32/Sacks:12/FF:1/FR:0
Bidy B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to this game and it will be my first. Laughing I think Denver is a better team than everyone thought and because of that people are going to be surprised what kind of game Oakland has on Sunday. 24-10 RAIDERS!!!!!
jbash20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no doubt about it.. Raiders win BIG....

25-9....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: