Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Murray/ West Coast Offense/ Draft Range Mid-Late
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Aaron Murray/ West Coast Offense/ Draft Range Mid-Late Reply with quote

The QB from UGA was a 4 year starter and set several SEC records couple include:

- SEC Passing Touchdown Leader
- SEC Career Passing Yards Leader

During his senior season he completed 118-of-195 passes for 2,285 yards and 33 touchdowns with five interceptions. He rushed for 257 yards on 26 carries with two touchdowns.

ACL injury in November 2013.

Video and Article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000341080/article/aaron-murray-still-in-line-to-be-among-drafts-biggest-steals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69pBaASraw

Discus, should we look at him if he is there in rounds 3-6, as a potential Back up for Tanney and or possible replacement should the new FO want to go another way?
John Gruden on Aaron Murray (Compares him to Drew Brees)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCiVcz0KHZc

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Jaguars drafting him in early round 4.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 14, Tackles 17 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 14 : Death 45 Joe 37
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should absolutely look at him in rounds 3 and beyond. Should we draft him???? It's like that age old question of, "What does 60 year old vagina taste like?.....Depends." Who else is going to be available when we are on the clock in rounds 3 and beyond.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope if he is there in Mid to Late rounds we consider him, I really think Murray will be productive in the NFL and even if we are set to keep Tanney and give him all the opportunity to hold the Offense, Moore is on last year of his contract, Murray would be a good back-up we can groom, if he turns out to be better then Tanney so be it (See Bledsoe and Brady) and if he isn't he will be good enough to play back up.

(14 Season Week-13 )
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been saying since FFMD... Murray will be the best QB in this class if in the right situation

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
bigmark76

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this doesn't have much to do with murry but how do you guys see derek carr? I recently stumbled across his film and finding myself really liking what i see. he will be taken in 1-2 rounds so I think is off of the fins board as there are other areas that need to be addressed.

highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5wr82ZRUjc
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."- George Carlin
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigmark76 wrote:
I know this doesn't have much to do with murry but how do you guys see derek carr? I recently stumbled across his film and finding myself really liking what i see. he will be taken in 1-2 rounds so I think is off of the fins board as there are other areas that need to be addressed.

In my opinion, when we look back in retrospect, I think David Carr, Aaron Murray and Jimmy Garoppolo will have better NFl careers than the consensus top three of Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 14, Tackles 17 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 14 : Death 45 Joe 37
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
bigmark76 wrote:

In my opinion, when we look back in retrospect, I think David Carr, Aaron Murray and Jimmy Garoppolo will have better NFl careers than the consensus top three of Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel.

Very possible...

I've said this before, but Murray reminds me of Brees and could be a steal if the right team drafts him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been touting Aaron Murray as the best QB not named Johnny Football for months now. I was thrilled to hear Miami requesting a private workout with him. I always had the philosophy of drafting a QB every other year until you know for sure you have a franchise QB. As far as I can tell, the jury is still out on Tannehill.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2014/04/opening-the-pages-to-the-notebook.html

Dolphins appear to be pretty interested in Murray, at least on the surface.

I wouldn't have a problem with the Dolphins drafting a QB to replace Devlin / Moore if it's in the 4th or later.

Moore will be trade bait this preseason and I personally think he's traded before the opener. New GM, expensive backup contract, we re-signed Devlin & we've been looking at both Murray and Morris.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope this is not a smoke screen and they really pull the trigger on him, I am cool with spending a 4th or even a high 3rd if we trade back some how and get more picks. I really think we will be happy with him.

(14 Season Week-13 )
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2036865-qb-aaron-murray-drawing-interest-from-miami-dolphins

Interest continues

(14 Season Week-13 )
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami would be wise to draft Murray. They need a cheaper backup QB option and if for some reason Tannehill gets injured and Murray shows well they may be able to get higher draft compensation or show Tannehill the door. You can never have enough QB's. Plus Tannehill needs the competition.
stepover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Murray and he fits into my view that the dream draft for Miami this time around (barring someone like Donald or Ebron still being on the board) is to trade down and try and pick up extra picks in rounds 2-4. This is a deep draft - you can get starting lineman in rounds 3-4 and I think there are star RBs and WRs available in R3 and later. There are only about 8 elite talents and the likelihood of any of them falling to us are slim (I don't consider Mosley or Martin elite).
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get Murray in the 5th or 6th round, I'm all for it but I don't want to spend a pick on a QB in the first three rounds.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: