Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The better than the Patriots/Jets Off Topic Thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: The better than the Patriots/Jets Off Topic Thread! Reply with quote

The Patriots and Jets forums have had great success with their within-team-forum-off-topic-threads and as we are the best team forum in the AFC East its been a long time coming that we added our own!

The purpose of this type of thread is to take a bit of the TAST forum to the Dolphins forum community.

FF Member #67
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it's a little bit of TAST in the Dolphins forum, I'm going to plug HH's Lord of the Forums. For those who are new to the site and want to catch up on the story from the beginning, here are the links to all 7 installments to date:

Part 1: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1196988#1196988

Part 2: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1208251#1208251

Part 3: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1232058#1232058

Part 4: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2577182#2577182

Part 5: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2599346#2599346

Part 6: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2604224#2604224

Part 7: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5152700#5152700
FF Member #1031
hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The better than the Patriots/Jets Off Topic Thread! Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
The Patriots and Jets forums have had great success with their within-team-forum-off-topic-threads and as we are the best team forum in the AFC East its been a long time coming that we added our own!

The purpose of this type of thread is to take a bit of the TAST forum to the Dolphins forum community.

Um..

What?

Jgoldiscool on the sig
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The better than the Patriots/Jets Off Topic Thread! Reply with quote

hollywood14 wrote:
Deets wrote:

Um..

What?

Hey if you don't first believe that you're the best then you don't ever have chance of living it.

FF Member #67
FOOTBALLFAN08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this off-topic thread ... Is it all this fantasy thing ? Or what are the parameters here ?
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOOTBALLFAN08 wrote:
So this off-topic thread ... Is it all this fantasy thing ? Or what are the parameters here ?

Talk about anything that doesn't breach forum rules (politics etc). If you've seen the "This Aint Sports Talk" forum it is basically that but for Dolphin fans

^ Jamison on the sig.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see why you have to take a shot at us in your title. Laughing

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll play.

Totally un-football related.

What do my fellow fin fans do with free time when it is not related to football?

My wife jokes and says my priorities are roughly in this order:

1. miami dolphins football
2. family
3. miami dolphins football
4. work
5. miami dolphins football
6. photography
7. miami dolphins football
8. writing
9. miami dolphins football

Suffice to say, I do have other interests that the Dolphins. How about you all?
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well aside from school/work (and the Dolphins), I've been taking a greater interest in water sports. Going to start up surfing lessons during winter break (if the trip I'm planning goes through) and if not during winter break then during May. I'm aiming for an internship that ends early so I can do some lifeguard work for a month in the summer.

Oh and as it might be painfully obvious I'm a big Red Sox fan (and a Celtics fan). Non-football sports are fair game in this thread too afterall. Wink

FF Member #67
hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets, tell me your not a little excited to see Darius Miles play for us?

Our bench is going to be very athletic if he can play, then you have J.R Giddens and Bill 'Sky' Walker.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Well aside from school/work (and the Dolphins), I've been taking a greater interest in water sports. Going to start up surfing lessons during winter break (if the trip I'm planning goes through) and if not during winter break then during May. I'm aiming for an internship that ends early so I can do some lifeguard work for a month in the summer.

Oh and as it might be painfully obvious I'm a big Red Sox fan (and a Celtics fan). Non-football sports are fair game in this thread too afterall. Wink

I had a picture in my head of all the regular posters. Deets included. I didn't put any thought into it. It's just how I read it. This is the 1st time I can say that a post ruined that image.

NOt in a bad way. Just a different way.

I always pictured Deets as that dude from Carlito's Way who helped John Leguizamo set up Al Pacino and then get's shot by Leguizamo in the train station.

While I'm at it:

Frankmoore: Louis CK
Mercury22: Greg Kinear
Hebrew Hammer: The dude behind the fence from the TV sitcom 'Home Improvement' (w/ Tim Allen)
Ovaw8: Big Worm from the movie Friday
Deadlydolphinz: Teddy Atlas (espn boxing analyst)
IRish: The ESPN Hockey Analyst that recently got the Head Coaching Gig
Maddogg: Jay Mohr
NDfinfan: Casey Afflek
Phinmun: Larry Merchant (espn boxing analyst)
Offerdahl: Phillip Seymore Hoffman
Dolphin Dave: the guy who played Dan on Roseanne
FOOTBALLFAN08: Comedian Paul Mooney

and Pierrot35: That chick who used to run out on the field and kiss the pitchers.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Deets wrote:

I had a picture in my head of all the regular posters. Deets included. I didn't put any thought into it. It's just how I read it. This is the 1st time I can say that a post ruined that image.

I always pictured Deets as that dude from Carlito's Way who helped John Leguizamo set up Al Pacino and then get's shot by Leguizamo in the train station.

While I'm at it:

Hebrew Hammer: The dude behind the fence from the TV sitcom 'Home Improvement' (w/ Tim Allen)

and Pierrot35: That chick who used to run out on the field and kiss the pitchers.

BARRY MELROSE!!?!?!?!?
Deets

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Deets wrote:

While I'm at it:

Hahaha sorry to kill your mental image. It sounds like your mind is almost as twisted as mine Twisted Evil

hollywood14 wrote:
Deets, tell me your not a little excited to see Darius Miles play for us?

Our bench is going to be very athletic if he can play, then you have J.R Giddens and Bill 'Sky' Walker.

Yes, I am excited. Theres just something about getting a guy on your team that had so much potential. You can't help but think: [Our environment is going to bring out all that potential]. And on the subject of potential, I'm supper pumped about Giddens. Having a guy with that much natural ability playing with three masters of the game sounds like a recipe for greatness if you ask me. I'm less knowledgeable about Walker I admit, but from what I've heard he seems like he was damn good value where we got him. First time in my life I came away from the NBA draft and wasn't left in despair.

FF Member #67
deadlydolphinz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Deets wrote:

While I'm at it:

What the......

President of the Start Chad Henne Club
You can't be a power run team that throws 10 yard playaction passes all day
Offerdahl56

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Deets wrote:

While I'm at it:

This post had me laughing my balls off, Cause some of those are the same way I pictured it too!
Hoffman is from my area which is pretty funny, however if you mean Hoffman from Boogie Nights you are dead on, Capote not so much Wink Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 1 of 75

Jump to: