Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 Gameday: NYJ @ MIA [9/7/08] [CBS] [1:00 PM EST]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
•Hustle Harder•

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Week 1 Gameday: NYJ @ MIA [9/7/08] [CBS] [1:00 PM EST] Reply with quote

@
Venue: Dolphins Stadium
Time: 1:00 PM Eastern
Date: September 7th, 2008
TV/Radio: CBS, 1050 ESPN Radio

Projected Jets Starters:

Offense:
QB: Brett Favre
HB: Thomas Jones
FB: Tony Richardson
TE: Chris Baker
WR1: Laveranues Coles
WR2: Jerricho Cotchery
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG: Alan Faneca
C: Nick Mangold
RG: Brandon Mooore
RT: Damien Woody

Defense:
LDE: Shaun Ellis
NT: Kris Jenkins
RDE: Kenyon Coleman
LOLB: Bryan Thomas
WLB: Eric Barton
MLB: David Harris
ROLB: Calvin Pace
RCB: Justin Miller / Dwight Lowery
FS: Kerry Rhodes
SS: Eric Smith
LCB: Darrelle Revis

Special Teams:
K: Mike Nugent
P: Ben Graham
KR: Leon Washington / Justin Miller
PR: Leon Washington / Dwight Lowery
LS: James Dearth

Last edited by •Hustle Harder• on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
•Hustle Harder•

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2416-ex-teammates-provide-a-pennington-preview

Quote:

2008 Week 1 - Jets at Dolphins Game Release

“It’s going to be very weird," said defensive end Shaun Ellis.

Ellis, also in his ninth pro season, was drafted along with Pennington in the first round of the 2000 draft.

“He’s a winner," safety Kerry Rhodes said. "When he’s in and when he’s healthy, he’s a productive quarterback in this league, so facing him is going to be tough. We know he can make all the reads, we know he’s familiar with our system. He knows what we like to do and we know what he likes to do. It’s going to be a chess match. It’s going to be fun."

“I think everybody is happy for Chad and excited for the opportunity that he has there,” Mangini said. “But when it comes to the game, it will be Jets vs. Dolphins, not Chad vs. the Jets or vice versa.”

“I think just by him getting a fresh new start — even if it wasn’t us for the first game — he would want to win that much more because he’s a very competitive player,” J-Co said. “He always wants to win when he steps on the field and do his best to lead the team.”

“Chad’s a heck of a competitor and I know he’s going to be bringing his 'A' game and we will as well,” said C Nick Mangold. “But you’re going against a fierce competitor and I think that it’s going to be a battle for the 60 minutes.”

“Just as well as he knows us," Ellis said, "we know him as well.”
quietjets

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wonder if Shaun Ellis will play this game? If not, who gets a nod for starting LE? DeVito or Mosely or Brown?
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjets wrote:
Just wonder if Shaun Ellis will play this game? If not, who gets a nod for starting LE? DeVito or Mosely or Brown?

I forget where but I heard that he would be ready for the game.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
quietjets

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
quietjets wrote:

I forget where but I heard that he would be ready for the game.

cool thanks.
Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowery's been getting the first team reps in practice this week. I think it's safe to say he's the Jets opening day starter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Lowery's been getting the first team reps in practice this week. I think it's safe to say he's the Jets opening day starter.

Him and Revis could be quite the dynamic duo. They both know what to do when the ball is in their hands.

Also, it seems like both Coles and Ellis will be ready to go, they both could have gone last week but we don't play starters. If Ellis somehow couldn't go, it probably would mean DeVito would start QJ, as he took first team reps in all the preseason games. I like what I see from DeVito, that kid is probably the strongest player on the team.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
MaineEvent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldnt Pace play SLB and Thomas play WLB? i really hope to see gholston early

Cowboys fan;[quote="MightyMouse07"]Ramses will be the best WR in this draft. There are no doubts about that from me.[/quote]
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaineEvent wrote:
shouldnt Pace play SLB and Thomas play WLB? i really hope to see gholston early

Pace is the SOLB and Thomas the WOLB. Pace will always be on the TE side, with Thomas returning to the other side. I believe Thomas mostly played strongside last year after playing weakside in 06, which might have been a reason for his average season. Gholston is the primary backup but expect him to play a lot in passing situations so he can rush, I don't think they will put him out in coverage that often.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see the team isn't taking this game lightly, but then again, I expect no less from an Eric Mangini team. They know that last season means nothing from the perspective of the Dolphins AND the Jets.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a fan I'm really hoping we come out of the gates firing, I wouldn't be too happy with a 3 point victory or a nip and tuck game down to the last minutes even though the drama of Penny's return and going down there might make it alright to others..

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved chad as a human being, great guy, a guy you love to root for, and for a while he never made mistakes. Last year, DBs were jumping his out routes at will, he was turning the ball over alot and putting to much air under his "longer" throws.

I think this game will be very easy for us. I think we will be able to pass the ball all game long without much pressure, while chad is going to have protection problems, and possibly two very aggressive CBs jumping on some of his throws. Personally i don't expect much in the running game from Thomas Jones because i really don't think hes a good running back at all but thats another story. Overall I think we shut them down for most of the game, bending a bit on defense and only breaking once at most.

I hate to say this but i really hope that our D keeps chad on the ground all afternoon, and Gholsten better get in on the action.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be stickied?

I think we win this one. Don't really care how, just think we win.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game will be much closer than it should be, but we'll get by with limited serious threat.

Chad may know the offense and defense, but our defense has changed greatly and their defense is simply untalented overall, with the exception of Channing Crowder, so we'll get by.

I expect Tedd Ginn Jr. to turn into a solid fantasy WR, the way Cotchery was up until this point (big on yards, low on TDs, solid production all around).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be closer than everyone expects. We can't take any game lightly, especially an divisional rivary and opening day game. We need to come out all guns blazing, stick it right to them. We need to set the marker tone right away, score points on our first few drives. Really get on top of 'em! Put Chad under immense pressure, put that O-line under immense pressure. Blitz on Jake Long all day.

God didn't rest on the 7th day, he created Kris Jenkins

Quote:
Peter King said it best when he described the Jets D as a "band of lunatics."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: