Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which Cb will be on Pats.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Cb will be on Pats?
Antrel Rolle.Miami (FL)
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Adam Jones.West Virginia
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Carlos Rogers.Auburn
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Justin Miller.Clemson
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Corey Webster.LSU
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Bryant McFadden.Florida State
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Marlin Jackson.Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brandon Browner.Oregon State
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought i should elaborate...

1st - CB It's the most glaring need, assuming we lose Law and Poole...We start Gay and Samual..after that we have no one..Earthwind and Troy can't be expected to play next year.

2nd - ILB The Age factor that i mentioned.

3rd - OG Andruzzi will likely take more money, and im sure we'll let him.

4th - CB Gay,samual and the first rounder at nickel...we still need depth

5th - WR Chances are we will lose at least 1 reciver in the off season..this guy can fill the 4 or 5 spot.

6th - OT Light is a stud at LT...but after him is injury man, ardian klemm..who will likely be let go...so light needs a back up. Gorin and Ashworth will battle for the starting RT job next year. SO we have 3, a 4th would be nice.

7th - OG Neal, Hochstein and the 3rd rounder..once again someones going to have to be the 4th guard.

Granted some of this may change due to free agents signing on, but as it stands now i think those are our big needs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we will Draft a CB in the 4th. a WR would be smart. I think if we draft a WR he will be like David givens wichi I mean is that theWR will take a year or 2 to develop in the system then he will be great.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude your not making any sense... first of all how can you say a reciver you don't know will be great? Because he was drafted in the 4th round? And how is that like Givens? I said we'd go reciver in the 5th, and givens went in the 6th so would that make my pick closer to being like Givens? i think it would. We need CB's more then we need recivers. Thats why i said they should take corners in the 1st and 4th. And like you said you can get a quality reciver late...Givens in the 6th...so why can't a guy from the 5th round be good enough? And as i mentioned before we will have good reciving threats next year even if we lose patten or givens in Free agency. Our TE's can catch and so can our backs...not to mention we will get Ben Watson back who is basically a large reciver. So there you have it...

Branch
Givens or Patten ( assuming we lose one )
Brown
Johnson
Sam
Graham
Fauria ( might be lost in FA )
Watson
Faulk
Plus the 5th round pick.

So all im saying is that Reciver isn't that important right now, We need the best Corner we can get, because he may not be there 31 picks later in the 5th round.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rblevens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Givens was a seventh rounder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad...we have so many late draft picks its hard to keep track of sometimes.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true and thank for copying my avater Evil or Very Mad

J/P

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Miller will fall to the Pats...Brandon Browner has moved ahead of him...at least according to Mel Kiper...I think BB is really raw though...Miller can step in and start at FS or CB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would he start at FS? We're pretty solid at that position. Its looking more and more like Rogers might fall down to us aswell which i think would be great..he can cover,but hes physical too, which is an area where our CB's lack. i still the Corey Webster would fit in well in NE...we shouldn't take him with the first pick but maybe we could grab a ILB with our first and then get Webster in the 2nd..another possiblity i haven't heard much.
rblevens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Why would he start at FS? We're pretty solid at that position.

your kidding me...right?

Eugene Wilson is most likely switching back to his natural spot at corner. That means that the FS starting role is up for grabs. BB likes versatile players. If he drafts a corner he will expect them to be able to play safety AND corner.

Here is my predicted DB depth chart
LCB - Law - Samuel if Law is cut or traded
FS - Justin Miller, Scott
SS - Harrison, Reid, Cherry
RCB - Wilson
NB - Samuel or Gay - depending if Law is still in NE
DB - Gay or Brown - depending if Law is still in NE

If Travis Daniels from LSU is available in the 4th I think we would take him. He played better than Webster today.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see why we would think Wilson is moving back to corner.

HAs he done it yet? We've gotten down to UDFA's, a wide receiver, and players off the street, and Wilson has not been moved back to corner yet. If it hasn't happened by now, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

He's moved over to corner in certain matchups, but he's our free safety. He's likely to stay there.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually im not kidding at all....

I don't know who your source is for that possiblity, maybe its juts ours. But the chances of eugene moving to corner on a full time basis is close to 0. He's one one the best FS's in the AFC, if hes moved to corner he won't be one of the best CB's in the AFC and whoever replaces him at FS won't fill his shoes of being one of the best FS's in the AFC. What a stupid move that would be. Thank god Belichick doesn't make bad personel decisons like that.

* The option that makes sense would be TO DRAFT A COUPLE CB's!!!

I know it sounds crazy lol. Maybe even grab a guy in free agency.

Just because the pats have been able to move guys around and have it work doesn't mean its the first option. Those are last resort option. Bill would tell you that. Yes that why its good to have guys like eugene that in an EMERGANCY he could fill in at corner.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Travis Daniels from LSU is available in the 4th I think we would take him. He played better than Webster today.

I agree with this for 100% and CP, Webster won't be there at pick 64.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I've had the flu and today was my first day out of bed.

I've heard Pats fans talking about Wilson moving back to corner since last year with the huge Law controversy.

The times this season that he played CB he looked pretty good.

I personally feel he should stay at FS but I have heard from so many ppl that he is going to move back to CB. With the way Gay and Samuel have been playing, we are set at corner (besides our first pick)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: