Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Steelers Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you brought it up stillersenat...

I recently got a new position. Have mixed feelings about it. About a 2 months ago I got moved from being a Section Chief (mostly dealing with reports and personnel issues) to Production Superintendent (in charge of aircraft maintenance). It was a move necessary for my career but 1. I don't have a ton of maintenance experience because I was off the flightline a lot with a couple different jobs and 2. I am brand new to the aircraft (CV-22s, and I spent 17 years on F-16s)...

So I had been a section chief for about 19 months and needed a change. It was tough learning the ins and outs of production esp since everything is different on this aircraft from what I was use to.

Well a week ago I find out that since our AMU Superintendent is retiring our Lead Production Super is taking his spot. And because I am not retiring soon like 2 guys, and I have my two requirements done that the other 2 guys don't have I became Lead Production Super.

First week was ROUGH!!!!!!!!!!! It was trial by fire! The worst is the meetings and trying to answer why we did this or that. And there is so much more I have to learn but my trainer is deploying in a month and I am about to get my son for the summer and have that distraction and taking some time off.

This is an amazing opportunity for my career because if I ever want to make Senior Master Sergeant this will help tremendously... if I survive!!! So looks like the next few months are going to be a whirlwind!

Wish me luck guys!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome JD! Congrats and best of luck!

Just a question....how long have you been in the military? Are you over 20 years?

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Just a question....how long have you been in the military? Are you over 20 years?

Thanks!

17 1/2 years.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Thanks!

17 1/2 years.

Ahh...for some reason I thought you were in longer.

Are you getting out at 20?

JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Thanks!

17 1/2 years.

Ahh...for some reason I thought you were in longer.

Are you getting out at 20?

Not if I make Senior! Wink

But I'm not sure... probably soon after 20 but we will see. It will all depend on where I'm at and how much I enjoy (or can stand) what I am doing. The pay isn't bad at this point, and the benefits are a big plus.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from emergency leave tending to my ailing brother who was shot multiple times. The first time I've seen him in 4 yrs and it was one of the saddest thing I've seen. I've been on a lot of deployment and seen similar but when it some one close to you it's hits you completely different.

My brother is a lot better, but I hoping his life style changes cause I hate funerals.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Just got back from emergency leave tending to my ailing brother who was shot multiple times. The first time I've seen him in 4 yrs and it was one of the saddest thing I've seen. I've been on a lot of deployment and seen similar but when it some one close to you it's hits you completely different.

My brother is a lot better, but I hoping his life style changes cause I hate funerals.

Damn dude....really sorry to hear that.

Does he live in a bad area or something?

Hope everything works out for him. Confused

steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

Wow man. Ill keep you and your brother in my prayers. I know that feeling. My brother almost died 6 years ago from a heart attack His health problems are ironically the reason why I met my wife....

If there is anything I learned, its let the good Guy handle it. Your brother will turn things around. Just let him know that there's no distance that could keep you from loving and supporting him. Things will get better.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

Sorry to hear bud. Glad he is going to be alright. I just got back from emergency leave - My last grandparent passed. My dad's dad... WWII Vet.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Sorry to hear bud. Glad he is going to be alright. I just got back from emergency leave - My last grandparent passed. My dad's dad... WWII Vet.
steelcurtain29 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Wow man. Ill keep you and your brother in my prayers. I know that feeling. My brother almost died 6 years ago from a heart attack His health problems are ironically the reason why I met my wife....

If there is anything I learned, its let the good Guy handle it. Your brother will turn things around. Just let him know that there's no distance that could keep you from loving and supporting him. Things will get better.

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Damn dude....really sorry to hear that.

Does he live in a bad area or something?

Hope everything works out for him. Confused

Thanks! He's doing a lot better!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested, we are starting up another Make A Movie draft in the Entertainment forum. This is for people who might have an interest in casting a movie idea they had, or just coming up with a story. We need a couple more people yet.

Check it out!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=524226

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
stefan52268

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Fathers Day to all my fellow Fathers out there.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Happy Fathers Day to all my fellow Fathers out there.

Absolutely!

I echo the sentiments! Unfortunately, I get to spend my Father's Day as Command Duty Officer (ugh)...I'll be here all day.

But enough of my sob story...Happy Fathers Day, everyone!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Father's Day to all my fellow dad's.

Is there any way we can make this holiday a monthly event?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Happy Father's Day to all my fellow dad's.

Is there any way we can make this holiday a monthly event?

+3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 101 of 102

Jump to: