Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Trade Down??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-RICH49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Dolphins Trade Down?? Reply with quote

I heard somewhere that Miami would like to move down in the draft so what about this trade.We send LJ,our 1st in '05 and '06 to Miami for their 1st rounder this year,a 2nd next year and Patrick Surtain we can then use the pick on Derrick Johnson.Any Opinons?

RIP DT 1/1/67 - 2/8/00 Always Buckle Up
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then what do we do with Shawn Barber way to much money in him to just play back up

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
T-RICH49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought i heard that they could work out some sort of settlement plus from what i've heard he won't be back till midseason at the earliest

RIP DT 1/1/67 - 2/8/00 Always Buckle Up
kml4ksu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dolphins Trade Down?? Reply with quote

T-RICH49 wrote:
I heard somewhere that Miami would like to move down in the draft so what about this trade.We send LJ,our 1st in '05 and '06 to Miami for their 1st rounder this year,a 2nd next year and Patrick Surtain we can then use the pick on Derrick Johnson.Any Opinons?

I don't think it would be smart to trade LJ because if they do his signing bonus escalates and he is like 6 million against the salary cap. That would pretty much be the only move they could make in the off-season. THey mightnot even have that much room left under the cap as it is.

Other than that I like the deal.
KC Warpaint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an article that had the chiefs listed at being 7 mil over the cap...don't know how accuarate that is
Mongo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Dolphins Trade Down?? Reply with quote

T-RICH49 wrote:

Presuming all cap issues could be addressed, I think this trade is a little lopsided towards the Chiefs. Also, Miami's interest in moving down is to recoup draft picks this year, not next.

How about KC's 1, 2 and LJ for Miami's 1 (DJ) and Surtain?

Imagine getting Surtain, Derrick Johnson and using our #3 pick on a CB. That would be a great offseason.
2TP3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think we should do anything with LJ, this last season just proved how much we need him. I think if we trade up it should be with the Bucs, because I dont think DJ will go until #6 to the Titans. I think our #1 and #2 picks and maybe a future pick for thier #5 overall and maybe a later round pick, like 5th or 6th. They have like 10 picks almost this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!
Larry is too cheap and good for that.
We need next years first round, much to deep of a draft pool to lose out on that.
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyanho wrote:
NO!
Larry is too cheap and good for that.
We need next years first round, much to deep of a draft pool to lose out on that.

I think LJ and Blaylock were by-products of our line. He had some great games, but did not look that great against SD or TB.

Any move including him that improves the D should be considered. A RB can drafted in the rds 3+, if need be.
2TP3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
I think LJ and Blaylock were by-products of our line. He had some great games, but did not look that great against SD or TB.

Any move including him that improves the D should be considered. A RB can drafted in the rds 3+, if need be.

The line might have made him really good but he was still a 1st round draft pick, plus that would be a huge cap hit if we traded him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: YEs Reply with quote

Lets do it to it, Larz!
2TP3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: YEs Reply with quote

sunnyfox20 wrote:
Lets do it to it, Larz!
???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: