Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

=>>> Official Nebraska Football Thread <<<
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Irish 11


Most Valuable Poster

Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 8190
Location: Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: =>>> Official Nebraska Football Thread <<< Reply with quote

Official Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Thread



New coach, new era, returning to the roots of Husker Football. I don't get to follow the Huskers as much as I used to but I'll be glad to talk about them if this thread is active.

Nebraska fans, I know you are out there...

Hopefully, we'll be seeing magazine covers like this one again in the near future.



Last edited by Irish 11 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chief_fan822003


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 11673
Location: television city
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an old one from last season in the directory, but this is fine.

I'm anxious for the Bo Pelini era to begin more than anything. There will be rough patches along the way of course, but with Lucky finally becoming the key part of the offense, this team can succeed. Hell, the lack of a fired coach who's name shall not be named essentially means the team will be better than last year.

There will be a battle going on this Saturday against Western Michigan. We should win with the game being in Lincoln, but I expect WMU to come to play.

Irish, that Tommie Frazier cover gives me chills. I miss those days so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Irish 11


Most Valuable Poster

Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 8190
Location: Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chief_fan822003 wrote:
We have an old one from last season in the directory, but this is fine.


Yeah, I saw that one... but last year sucked and I thought we deserved a new thread.



Quote:
Irish, that Tommie Frazier cover gives me chills. I miss those days so much.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LHbZ3T4rzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v3t_kqH3GE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hStKson6-XE

Aaaahh... memory lane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diezjabronie


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 8629
Location: The University of Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sleep on Western Michigan this weekend...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Irish 11


Most Valuable Poster

Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 8190
Location: Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
Don't sleep on Western Michigan this weekend...


Oh, I wouldn't be surprised at any loss Nebraska receives this season -- the defense is a long way from being where it needs to be.

Like c_f said though, just removing Callahan and Pederson from the equation has immediately improved the chances of the team -- for the immediate and long term future.

Pederson can go ruin some other school's football tradition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GJT1347


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 1648
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really think our O-line will push some people around this year and with Lucky running behind it, we should be a running team. Ganz i think has a lot of potential and swagger to be a very good QB, but has very little at the TE position and nothing more than average college receivers starting.

the defense is verrry scary (not in a good way). obviously pelini will help but how much talent do they have? i really hope that pelini starts to develope his younger talent, starting this saturday. there aren't many quarantees on the schedule this year, and i HATE mediocrity, but i'll be happy......gulp....... with a bowl game this year. the schedule has Va Tech, Mizz, Okla, Tex Tech, and Kan (and maybe Kan St.). all those games, nebraska will more than likely be the underdog.

GOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIG REEEEEEEED
Go Big Red!
_________________


Props to Palooka ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chief_fan822003


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 11673
Location: television city
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win to start out the season. Sounded like Cody Glenn played amazing, finishing with 12 tackles in his first game ever on defense. Alex Henery was awesome, kicking field goals from 44, 44, 43, & 44, and improving to 12/12 kicking in his career. Lucky, meh, got a touchdown but averaged under 4 YPC. Ganz played good outside the picks on back-to-back possessions. All in all, very good start to the Pelini era against a good Bronco team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GJT1347


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 1648
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chief_fan822003 wrote:
Good win to start out the season. Sounded like Cody Glenn played amazing, finishing with 12 tackles in his first game ever on defense. Alex Henery was awesome, kicking field goals from 44, 44, 43, & 44, and improving to 12/12 kicking in his career. Lucky, meh, got a touchdown but averaged under 4 YPC. Ganz played good outside the picks on back-to-back possessions. All in all, very good start to the Pelini era against a good Bronco team.


as much as i'd like to give nebraska praise you have to be scared about that defense. the front 4 got absolutely NO pressure. if they cant get a pass rush without blitzing...watch out. with the passing powerhouses of mizzou, tex tech, oklahoma, and new mexico state, the defense could be torched for 400+ passing yards a game. i'm optimistic though and 1-0 sounds good to me!

next week should be a 30 point win vs san jose st. i'd really like to see nebraska establish a dominate running game.
_________________


Props to Palooka ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleProwess


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 9829
Location: just in range...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Exciting game, we got off to a good start then we declined and looked pretty bad in the last half, We should have whooped up on Western Michigan, But we didn't the running game was horrible but Ganz looked like an absolute stud.


Now i right now live in the heart and soul of Cornhusker Country, only 20 miles from Lincoln, unfortunatly, i was at the state fair working the tractor pull, but the guys had the huskers on tv, but i was to tired to watch, however from the talk of them today when i worked at the pull again, They were not to happy, and most of the fans i talked to were dissappointed in the defense, and lack of running game.

But it was the first game of the season and i think that Bo, will have this team ship shape in no time.
_________________

Some gave all, All gave some.


All posting to be done henceforth via Phone. I apologize for the errors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
oklahoma430


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 1541
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Ganz looked real good, made some nice plays with his feet and his arm. The defense still is aways from blackshirt level, but i'm sure it will improve over the year.

Yes i'm an Oklahoma fan but, pretty much my hole family is from Nebraska so i do watch a lot of Nebraska football.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PurpleProwess


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 9829
Location: just in range...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUSKER Highlights~!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB_bH0Ts1GQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApUl26n7Rs

All i gotta say is, with Joe Ganz, Nate Swift, Marlon Lucky, Quentin Castille, and Alex Henry, we have an offense that can run with the best of them, if our defense can step it up Nebraska can have a very good season.
_________________

Some gave all, All gave some.


All posting to be done henceforth via Phone. I apologize for the errors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
xhawkins


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Marlon Lucky

How did he looked in the first game of this season?

I have big expectations for this kid, he has a lot of those tools you want to see in a runningback. Good behind the backfield, caught a lot of balls last season etc.

I just hope he can continue to develop as a senior before he heading to the big league. Nebraska got theirs own roughdiamond in him and he won't let them down. Hopefully Bo P. can turn this team to success, I wish you guys of Big Red Nation luck for this season! Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleProwess


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 9829
Location: just in range...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xhawkins wrote:
Quote:
Marlon Lucky

How did he looked in the first game of this season?

I have big expectations for this kid, he has a lot of those tools you want to see in a runningback. Good behind the backfield, caught a lot of balls last season etc.

I just hope he can continue to develop as a senior before he heading to the big league. Nebraska got theirs own roughdiamond in him and he won't let them down. Hopefully Bo P. can turn this team to success, I wish you guys of Big Red Nation luck for this season! Razz


he wasn't very impressive running im afraid but had two very nice catches, but quentin castille looked worse, as far as that goes, the o-line didn't generate much of a push and that didn't help either, or the fact that Western Michigan stacked the box, Lucky was 12 carries, and 43 yards, and 1 td, he also had 2 catches for 35 yards and another TD
_________________

Some gave all, All gave some.


All posting to be done henceforth via Phone. I apologize for the errors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
xhawkins


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleProwess wrote:
xhawkins wrote:
Quote:
Marlon Lucky

How did he looked in the first game of this season?

I have big expectations for this kid, he has a lot of those tools you want to see in a runningback. Good behind the backfield, caught a lot of balls last season etc.

I just hope he can continue to develop as a senior before he heading to the big league. Nebraska got theirs own roughdiamond in him and he won't let them down. Hopefully Bo P. can turn this team to success, I wish you guys of Big Red Nation luck for this season! Razz


he wasn't very impressive running im afraid but had two very nice catches, but quentin castille looked worse, as far as that goes, the o-line didn't generate much of a push and that didn't help either, or the fact that Western Michigan stacked the box, Lucky was 12 carries, and 43 yards, and 1 td, he also had 2 catches for 35 yards and another TD

Thanks for the information, I haven't the possibility to watch all games and specially Nebraska which is a big shame. They have to meet some of the big contenders then I might have a fair shot at it!
Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleProwess


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 9829
Location: just in range...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xhawkins wrote:
PurpleProwess wrote:
xhawkins wrote:
Quote:
Marlon Lucky

How did he looked in the first game of this season?

I have big expectations for this kid, he has a lot of those tools you want to see in a runningback. Good behind the backfield, caught a lot of balls last season etc.

I just hope he can continue to develop as a senior before he heading to the big league. Nebraska got theirs own roughdiamond in him and he won't let them down. Hopefully Bo P. can turn this team to success, I wish you guys of Big Red Nation luck for this season! Razz


he wasn't very impressive running im afraid but had two very nice catches, but quentin castille looked worse, as far as that goes, the o-line didn't generate much of a push and that didn't help either, or the fact that Western Michigan stacked the box, Lucky was 12 carries, and 43 yards, and 1 td, he also had 2 catches for 35 yards and another TD

Thanks for the information, I haven't the possibility to watch all games and specially Nebraska which is a big shame. They have to meet some of the big contenders then I might have a fair shot at it!
Razz


no prob, i live in Nebraska, and currently am only 20 miles away from lincoln, so almost every saturday is about The huskers. i'll try to post on this thread often about the huskers.
_________________

Some gave all, All gave some.


All posting to be done henceforth via Phone. I apologize for the errors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 1 of 85

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group