Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

kyle turley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhereisChico53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: kyle turley Reply with quote

I was just watchin sports center the other day and they did a interview with kyle turley and lookin at him he hates st.louis and mike martz what should the rams do with turley
JamesT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: kyle turley Reply with quote

WhereisChico53 wrote:
I was just watchin sports center the other day and they did a interview with kyle turley and lookin at him he hates st.louis and mike martz what should the rams do with turley

As much as I dislike Martz, turley needs to shutup now and try to rehab to get back on the field. But with that said after the other nights 2nd tirade on the guy in less than a week I think Turley's chances of playing for STL are about zero percent. Plus the fact his injury was very bad and it is going to take him more than this offseason to get back. He is only at 235lbs right now which is about 70lbs off his playing weight. Rams need to address this position in the offseason via free agency. Martz needs to quit F'n around and get the offensive line more athletic and much younger. Dishman and Nutten should retire AGAIN. God I hate Martz.
aheineken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Even as bad as our defense is I think we can address that in FA and worry about the line in the draft. I wouldn't mind us picking up Jammal Brown or Adam Terry in the first and Marcus Johnson in the 2nd.

There are some good LB and CB FAs this year in Kendrell Bell, Ed Hartwell, Fred Smoot, Gary Baxter, Charles Woodson, and Ken Lucas. A playmaking corner and stud MLB would put our defense back on track with Jimmy Kennedy finally starting to reach his potential. Hopefully they can talk Faulk into redoing his contract because he will probably serve as not much more than a 3rd down back next year to give us more cap space.
JamesT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aheineken wrote:
I agree. Even as bad as our defense is I think we can address that in FA and worry about the line in the draft. I wouldn't mind us picking up Jammal Brown or Adam Terry in the first and Marcus Johnson in the 2nd.

There are some good LB and CB FAs this year in Kendrell Bell, Ed Hartwell, Fred Smoot, Gary Baxter, Charles Woodson, and Ken Lucas. A playmaking corner and stud MLB would put our defense back on track with Jimmy Kennedy finally starting to reach his potential. Hopefully they can talk Faulk into redoing his contract because he will probably serve as not much more than a 3rd down back next year to give us more cap space.

great article on stltoday.com on the rams cap situation. the dead money due to some people's big contracts, Kurt Warner for starters, is going to hamper the Rams from making any big moves in the offseason. Unfortunately the fact their O line is so bad and Martz does not believe using high draft picks at this position. Going to be a very interesting off season in STL.
Big Clark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turley is a good player but if he is gonna talk all this trash this offseason after signing a big contract with the rams last year, he better show up and back it up ,,, im not even sold hes that badly hurt i think he needs to toughen up and play to his potential in 05
JamesT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Clark wrote:
Turley is a good player but if he is gonna talk all this trash this offseason after signing a big contract with the rams last year, he better show up and back it up ,,, im not even sold hes that badly hurt i think he needs to toughen up and play to his potential in 05

I have said it once and I will say it again look at his career, he played every down and never missed practice until this year. He is a warrior in every sense. Look at him now he has lost 75lbs and you are telling me he is not hurt? He has a big mouth yes that is true and I just wish he would shutup as well but the guy has a big time gripe. Martz is an idiot and both guys are in the wrong here. I doubt Turley will be back next year and I doubt he will ever play for the Rams again.
Big Clark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ill give Turley a lil love, he was great in New Orleans but how exactly does that help us. O yea, it doesnt becuase now he has a potential career ending injury and he hates the coach so we wasted a 2nd rounder trading for him cuz even if he does come back it wont be with the rams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: