Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

N'awlins Forum College Football Talk!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: N'awlins Forum College Football Talk! Reply with quote

I figured we could have a local spot to discuss the NCAA, and for us it should be great with all the diversity we have in here. We have LSU fans, OSU fans, Gator Fans, a Bama fan Razz , and maybe some more lurking around. Let's have some fun talking about our favorite college teams!

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEFENSE!!! We all know some college defense's are epic. Where does your team stand this upcoming season?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=8480560#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=8480034

For LSU I think the only weak link will be at the CB spot, we will have some inexperience there. I have never been to fond of Jai Eugene, and I can only hope that Pat Johnson manages to crack the starting spot across from him. If not, he will be at the Nickel spot probably...and although we know he has a TON of talent, this is a freshman. Outside of them, our D should be as dominate as last years (which IMO was a LITTLE over-hyped, but still high quality).

Adopt-A-Saint:
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
TigerSaints

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think LSU will have the best defensive line for sure and possibly the best front 7 in their history.

And that's AFTER losing Dorsey and Highsmith.

The CB's shouldn't matter so much with every other position on defense being so strong. Outside of CB this defense is better than last years. We should be able to hide the weakness and it's not like the CB's are bad... just no experience.
EAsports5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never say this at the start of the year but, Gators in the National Championship. Cool
7 or 8 first day picks just on offense and a QB that can single handedly create more offense then a 1/3 of entire CFB teams now has a much improved defense.
And for the record they will take care of LSU at home. The last 3 years in a row the home team has won and the trend will continue.

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Harvin turns into Reggie Bush 2.0.... sucks in the NFL, godly in Madden 2010
ako

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love South Carolina before Jasper Brinkley's injury.
Sorry LSU fans but he was destroying the Tigers' offense until he blew out the knee.
He's my favorite middle linebacker, galaxies above the two frauds of the draft : James "puppy" Laurinaitis and Rey "Kickoff wedge breaker" Maualuga.

I don't like to try to make College football predictions since I don't really follow all the high school signings..
I still expect Ohio State's defense to be exposed as soon as they meet an SEC team (once again)..
and it may not even take this long, since Michigan is building on speed too.
They'll have to do it without their best linebacker, SLB Larry Grant.

USC's overall talent on defense is more than enough to make up for Maualuga's total lack of instinct.
Although I don't really like Pete Carroll as a coach, he's one heck of a recruiter.
Don't know what kind of crap he tells the kids.. he should apply for the governor of California job or something.
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ako wrote:
I used to love South Carolina before Jasper Brinkley's injury.
Sorry LSU fans but he was destroying the Tigers' offense until he blew out the knee.
He's my favorite middle linebacker, galaxies above the two frauds of the draft : James "puppy" Laurinaitis and Rey "Kickoff wedge breaker" Maualuga.

I don't like to try to make College football predictions since I don't really follow all the high school signings..
I still expect Ohio State's defense to be exposed as soon as they meet an SEC team (once again)..
and it may not even take this long, since Michigan is building on speed too.
They'll have to do it without their best linebacker, SLB Larry Grant.

USC's overall talent on defense is more than enough to make up for Maualuga's total lack of instinct.
Although I don't really like Pete Carroll as a coach, he's one heck of a recruiter.
Don't know what kind of crap he tells the kids.. he should apply for the governor of California job or something.

For one the only thing Laurinaitis really lack is what most OSU LBers used to have but haven't since AJ Hawk left. That mean streak in stopping the running game. If he ever decides to grow some damn balls and stop acting like the damn french and backing away from every confrontation he would be a great LBer as he already has great coverage skills.

Also OSU's problem isn't speed it's the fact that we haven't had a complete defensive line since 2005. In 2006 we were breaking in 2 new DE's which caused us to get burnt on the outside by Florida, in 2007 we were breaking in 2 new DTs which caused Jacob Hester etc to run all over us in the middle. If we are able to get a consistent and even good defensive line together then the nations #1 secondary wouldn't have to play this crappy cover 2 bend but don't break bullcrap that they've been playing the past 2 years. Which of course with our DTs being one more year seasoned and our DE's looking to be studs along with a good NY Giants type rotation going on for passing downs I think we might be able to do just that.

Also we have just as many 1st day picks. James Laurinaitis (no matter how much you hate him AKO he is still worthy of a 2nd round pick at MLB and a 1st round pick at WLB), Malcolm Jenkins, Lawrence Wilson (Was supposed to be last years Gholston before he broke his leg), Marcus Freeman(Our currently beastly WLB), Donald Washington(2nd-3rd), Anderson Russel, Chimeda Chekwa, and the future top picks Cameran Heyward for example. Then you go to offense Chris "Beanie" Wells, Alex Boone, Brian Robiske, and several others.

I think that fortunantly almost all the teams that are represented in the Saints forum for college teams all have great defensive talent on them and will be more than capable of supplying the Saints with talent if we were to ever be GMs LoL

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very hard to believe that florida's defense is not top 10. Our Dline may not be fantastic, but our back 7 are amazing. Brandon Spikes, Dustin Doe, Will Hill, Major Wright, Joe Hayden, Wandi Pierre Louis. These guys are great. Put that on an offense with our whole line, Tebow, Harvin, Fayson, Brandon James, Moody, Hernandez at TE, Murphy at WR, Cooper at WR. I could go on and on, this offense is simply amazing.

nico002 wrote:
Leading the league in interceptions doesn't mean jack.
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
I find it very hard to believe that florida's defense is not top 10. Our Dline may not be fantastic, but our back 7 are amazing. Brandon Spikes, Dustin Doe, Will Hill, Major Wright, Joe Hayden, Wandi Pierre Louis. These guys are great. Put that on an offense with our whole line, Tebow, Harvin, Fayson, Brandon James, Moody, Hernandez at TE, Murphy at WR, Cooper at WR. I could go on and on, this offense is simply amazing.

Florida does have a great taem I will admit that.

But I think people are going to be suprised by how aggressive OSU is this year.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Official2004

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:

But I think people are going to be suprised by how aggressive OSU is this year.

they have to be in order to gain some respect outside their conference

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and how bout some hog talk
woo pig sooie!!

i'm kidding. i'll take it to another forum Razz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official2004 wrote:
oh and how bout some hog talk
woo pig sooie!!

i'm kidding. i'll take it to another forum Razz

It's welcome in this thread...just don't expect the Tiger fans to like it much Wink

Adopt-A-Saint:
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
EAsports5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:

You gotta step up your Gator knowledge before you post.
First off, Fayson isnt even on the team anymore. I believe hes a MS State bulldog now.
Secondly that amazing back 7 that you speak of was ranked dead last in the SEC last year and it may not all be their fault because of the lack of pressure our line caused (or didnt cause) last year but WPL and Joe Haden straight up sucked. Granted it was their first year playing but they got burnt nearly as often as our own Toast David. Will Hill hasnt even played a down of college football and hasnt even secured the starting spot over Ahmad Black at SS.
Major Wright was the only bright spot in the secondary last year and IMO is the second coming of Reggie Nelson.
With that said the D-Line will improve ten fold this year, I'll even go as far as saying one of the best in the SEC. The new D-line coach (and creator of beast converted Center George Selvie) came over from USF and has the boys getting after it.
As far as the offense goes, it speaks for itself.

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Harvin turns into Reggie Bush 2.0.... sucks in the NFL, godly in Madden 2010
gen. manager

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alabama is young defensively, BUT we do have a great DB in Rashad Johnson, who is also the team captain for the defense. LB Rolando McClain will help as well. I guess we'll have to wait, see, and hope for the best. Don't be surprised if Alabama rolls into Baton Rouge and gets the W.
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gen. manager wrote:
Alabama is young defensively, BUT we do have a great DB in Rashad Johnson, who is also the team captain for the defense. LB Rolando McClain will help as well. I guess we'll have to wait, see, and hope for the best. Don't be surprised if Alabama rolls into Baton Rouge and gets the W.

Yeah Rashad Johnson is my pick for the Saints at FS. But is he going to have any disciplinary actions after that altercation at the club? Or was that last season. Just checkin.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
SAINTS#12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tide will be alot better JPW GRADUATES he sucks

SB 44 CHAMPIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: