Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

More trades?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Pats make any more trades before the deadline?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Trade Brady and fire BB
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
biggbrd


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 513
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: More trades? Reply with quote

Let me preface this by saying that I think it's unlikely we'll see much more action from the Pats before the deadline. However, it's fun to speculate and play armchair GM.

Do you think there will be any further trades? Who should we target? Who is ripe to be traded on the team?

It feels like this one comes up every year, but is it time for Danny Amendola to move on? He seems to be less involved than ever. Maybe that's as a result of more 2 TE sets, but he also seems to have been overtaken by Hogan, and Mitchell too at times. My reading of his contract says he has a 7.9mil cap hit next year, but would only cost 1.4mil in dead cap. (Disclaimer: I know little to nothing about the intricacies of cap hits etc)

Also, is the trade deadline a chance to help the pass rush? Who could we poach from another team that might actually be able to help? Do we even need any help?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justin_perkins


Joined: 31 Mar 2014
Posts: 617
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll see some kind of move before the deadline. I'd like to see Bishop Sankey get a shot on the active roster. Dion Lewis is returning soon. James White looks good. Blount is holding his own very well. But I'm stiiiilllll not satisfied at running back. When Thomas Rawls gets healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing Christine Michael in Foxborough. I love the way he runs.
_________________
I'm a Total Control type of guy..
Tom Brady has twice as many SuperBowl wins as Peyton Manning.. #PatsNation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Starless


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 9585
Location: Ant-Baby Machete Squad
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin_perkins wrote:
I'm sure we'll see some kind of move before the deadline. I'd like to see Bishop Sankey get a shot on the active roster. Dion Lewis is returning soon. James White looks good. Blount is holding his own very well. But I'm stiiiilllll not satisfied at running back. When Thomas Rawls gets healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing Christine Michael in Foxborough. I love the way he runs.
Why would the Seahawks part with Christine Michael, given his success this year?
_________________
Adopt-a-Patriot: DL #98 Trey Flowers
4 sacks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justin_perkins


Joined: 31 Mar 2014
Posts: 617
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
I'm sure we'll see some kind of move before the deadline. I'd like to see Bishop Sankey get a shot on the active roster. Dion Lewis is returning soon. James White looks good. Blount is holding his own very well. But I'm stiiiilllll not satisfied at running back. When Thomas Rawls gets healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing Christine Michael in Foxborough. I love the way he runs.
Why would the Seahawks part with Christine Michael, given his success this year?


Not necessarily saying they would, just that I'd like to see them make a move for him. Facts that could possibly spell them to move Michael is that they have rookies Alex Collins and C.J. Prosise, along with Thomas Rawls. CJ Spiller is also able to contribute at running back.
_________________
I'm a Total Control type of guy..
Tom Brady has twice as many SuperBowl wins as Peyton Manning.. #PatsNation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 6650
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a trade for a DT. Other than that, I don't see any real needs. Maybe a third TE.
_________________
Adopt-a-Pat
2014 - Rob Gronkowski TE: Rec: 82 Yds: 1124 TD: 12
2015 - Rob Ninkovich DE: Tkl: 52 Sck: 6.5 FF: 1 FR: 1 INT: 0 PD: 7
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 64 Yds: 617 TD: 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo63


Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 1151
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the Pats offering up Amendola for a 5th or 6th round pick. At this point I see no outstanding needs but with all the FA next year I see a need for picks.
_________________
Adopt A Patriot: Tre Jackson OG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PatriotsWin!


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 21022
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some OL depth but I think we are done with trades otherwise.
_________________

Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12156
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We traded AJ Derby to the Broncos for a 5th. AJ was a sixth round pick in 2015 and a cut candidate this summer.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justin_perkins


Joined: 31 Mar 2014
Posts: 617
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
We traded AJ Derby to the Broncos for a 5th. AJ was a sixth round pick in 2015 and a cut candidate this summer.


Wonder if this holds anything to Martellus Bennett's contract situation Think Think probably a good get for what he would've gave us though. We all remember what's his face on the Jets.. Laughing Laughing
_________________
I'm a Total Control type of guy..
Tom Brady has twice as many SuperBowl wins as Peyton Manning.. #PatsNation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 13078
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin_perkins wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
We traded AJ Derby to the Broncos for a 5th. AJ was a sixth round pick in 2015 and a cut candidate this summer.


Wonder if this holds anything to Martellus Bennett's contract situation Think Think probably a good get for what he would've gave us though. We all remember what's his face on the Jets.. Laughing Laughing

i don't think it says anything about Bennett. if he leaves we still would need a #2 TE even if Derby was here. He, Michael Williams and Scruggs arent the answers to a #2 TE imo.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot: Eric Rowe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo63


Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 1151
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin_perkins wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
We traded AJ Derby to the Broncos for a 5th. AJ was a sixth round pick in 2015 and a cut candidate this summer.


Wonder if this holds anything to Martellus Bennett's contract situation Think Think probably a good get for what he would've gave us though. We all remember what's his face on the Jets.. Laughing Laughing


I think Bennett is as good as gone. We have to worry about Collins, Hightower, Butler one of these guys may be gone too.
_________________
Adopt A Patriot: Tre Jackson OG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 31112
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
We traded AJ Derby to the Broncos for a 5th. AJ was a sixth round pick in 2015 and a cut candidate this summer.


Wonder if this holds anything to Martellus Bennett's contract situation Think Think probably a good get for what he would've gave us though. We all remember what's his face on the Jets.. Laughing Laughing


I think Bennett is as good as gone. We have to worry about Collins, Hightower, Butler one of these guys may be gone too.


They should have plenty of cap room and can free up 10M+ more by cutting Amendola, Waddle and McClellin. Dion Lewis could be a possible (admittedly unlikely as of now) cut too if he doesn't look sharp coming back from his injury or gets re-injured.

I don't know that they'll have room for all of those guys (and Sheard) but there should be some room to get most of them done.

I think it's safe to say though that they're going to lose one or two key players at the end of the year and, unfortunately, they're at the thinnest spots on the roster (LB, TE). They also have to worry about their 2nd and 3rd tier guys like Harmon, Ryan, Blount, Vollmer, Long, Branch.

It will be a tough offseason. It's too bad young guys haven't stepped up at DE (Flowers), LB (Grissom), DT (anybody), S (Richards) or OT (Waddle/Fleming). They're in a bit of a tough spot in terms of in-house replacements for their key starters and important depth pieces. I trust that they'll figure it out and field a very competitive team again in 2017 but there's a chance for some real upheaval amongst the top contributors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12156
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
We traded AJ Derby to the Broncos for a 5th. AJ was a sixth round pick in 2015 and a cut candidate this summer.


Wonder if this holds anything to Martellus Bennett's contract situation Think Think probably a good get for what he would've gave us though. We all remember what's his face on the Jets.. Laughing Laughing


I think Bennett is as good as gone. We have to worry about Collins, Hightower, Butler one of these guys may be gone too.


They should have plenty of cap room and can free up 10M+ more by cutting Amendola, Waddle and McClellin. Dion Lewis could be a possible (admittedly unlikely as of now) cut too if he doesn't look sharp coming back from his injury or gets re-injured.

I don't know that they'll have room for all of those guys (and Sheard) but there should be some room to get most of them done.

I think it's safe to say though that they're going to lose one or two key players at the end of the year and, unfortunately, they're at the thinnest spots on the roster (LB, TE). They also have to worry about their 2nd and 3rd tier guys like Harmon, Ryan, Blount, Vollmer, Long, Branch.

It will be a tough offseason. It's too bad young guys haven't stepped up at DE (Flowers), LB (Grissom), DT (anybody), S (Richards) or OT (Waddle/Fleming). They're in a bit of a tough spot in terms of in-house replacements for their key starters and important depth pieces. I trust that they'll figure it out and field a very competitive team again in 2017 but there's a chance for some real upheaval amongst the top contributors


Next year our dead money goes from 15.5 mil to 1.5 mil, that alone will clear up 14 mil in space. As things currently stand, we will have 66 mil in cap space next year plus, as you said if they cut, Danny (6.5 saved), Dion (1.4), Van Noy (1.1), Shea (1.5) we would have 76.5 mil in cap space. Seems like plenty to lock up Bennett, Collins, and Hightower.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 13078
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
We traded AJ Derby to the Broncos for a 5th. AJ was a sixth round pick in 2015 and a cut candidate this summer.


Wonder if this holds anything to Martellus Bennett's contract situation Think Think probably a good get for what he would've gave us though. We all remember what's his face on the Jets.. Laughing Laughing


I think Bennett is as good as gone. We have to worry about Collins, Hightower, Butler one of these guys may be gone too.


They should have plenty of cap room and can free up 10M+ more by cutting Amendola, Waddle and McClellin. Dion Lewis could be a possible (admittedly unlikely as of now) cut too if he doesn't look sharp coming back from his injury or gets re-injured.

I don't know that they'll have room for all of those guys (and Sheard) but there should be some room to get most of them done.

I think it's safe to say though that they're going to lose one or two key players at the end of the year and, unfortunately, they're at the thinnest spots on the roster (LB, TE). They also have to worry about their 2nd and 3rd tier guys like Harmon, Ryan, Blount, Vollmer, Long, Branch.

It will be a tough offseason. It's too bad young guys haven't stepped up at DE (Flowers), LB (Grissom), DT (anybody), S (Richards) or OT (Waddle/Fleming). They're in a bit of a tough spot in terms of in-house replacements for their key starters and important depth pieces. I trust that they'll figure it out and field a very competitive team again in 2017 but there's a chance for some real upheaval amongst the top contributors


i think we traded for Rowe to replace Ryan. And i have a feeling Cannon will get an extension and be our stop gap RT for a draft pick(though it is a bit tough since there's a bunch of positions it'd be nice to address early OT, DT, DE, TE(if we lose Bennett) or LB(if we lose Collins or HT)).

Though some of these would be easier if Sankey, Flowers, etc could show up at some point.

Though our LBers, Long and Harmon's FA should be interesting.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot: Eric Rowe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggbrd


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 513
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw an article suggesting the Broncos trade a 2nd to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson. A number of posters on the Jets forum seem to be fed up with how their D-line is being managed, especially with Richardson being used as a stand-up OLB given the congestion in the middle from already having Mo Wilkerson and Leonard Williams.

Would you guys be on board for trading a second for Richardson? He costs 3 mil against the cap this year, and there is a 5th year option next year which would put him at 8 mil (figures taken from the Broncos article). Seems unlikely given which team it is, but otherwise would seem like a good deal even despite his suspension issues.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group