Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats Forum College Football Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Pats Forum College Football Thread Reply with quote

Given the success of the Boston Sports Thread, I thought it would be a good idea to have a catch-all place to talk college football. This should help keep the Irrelevant thread free of gamethread type posts, as well as allow us to talk prospects, injuries, rankings etc.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braxton Miller out for the year:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24667906/reports-ohio-state-qb-braxton-miller-shoulder-out-for-season

He's returning to Ohio State in 2015 (supposedly)
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an Alabama fan if some already didn't know. I will be at the BAMA@LSU game in November for my honeymoon. My fiancÚ loves the Tigers.

2 of the top 4 ranked teams on the first and initial poll have experienced some kind of serious positional set back so far. OSU w/ Miller at QB and the Sooners w/ suspended top RB Mixon out for the year.

Murts what are your thoughts on the four team playoff as a whole and who are your pre season picks for those four spots?

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
6 sacks, 38 tackles, 1 TD, 2 FF
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Other Sports Thread was a good idea. This one should be as well.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I mean I'll still post with my Alabama brethren but for college football in general chatting will be nice with you fellas. Some of the dudes in the college football thread get rowdy and hard to talk with. Having you guys to bounce thoughts and opinions off of with college ball is nice. I liked the idea of the other sports and this thread as I dislike going in the irrelevant thread otherwise and found these threads will bring back more of us like it has. Like Key, Playmaker, PaTd and more chatter in the forum.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
I'm an Alabama fan if some already didn't know. I will be at the BAMA@LSU game in November for my honeymoon. My fiancÚ loves the Tigers.

2 of the top 4 ranked teams on the first and initial poll have experienced some kind of serious positional set back so far. OSU w/ Miller at QB and the Sooners w/ suspended top RB Mixon out for the year.

Murts what are your thoughts on the four team playoff as a whole and who are your pre season picks for those four spots?

My preseason top 4:

Florida State
Oklahoma
UCLA
Michigan State

The top 3 are pretty much no-brainers to me. Spots 4-8 are tougher to come up with, as there are a number of teams (Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Oregon) all in that same range. I expect the SEC teams to beat each other up a bit and it seems unlikely to see an undefeated team from the that conference.

The playoff system is interesting, I like it much more than the Bowl game structure but only having 4 teams seems silly. The idea (partially) is to eliminate controversy but you're still going to have the same problems. For example, I think Michigan State has a much better chance of going undefeated and wining the Big Ten (especially with Braxton Miller out for the year) than any of the top SEC teams. But how much do we weigh an undefeated Big Ten champ vs. a 1 loss SEC team?

In any case, I think it's a step in the right direction but it needs more work.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Yeah I mean I'll still post with my Alabama brethren but for college football in general chatting will be nice with you fellas. Some of the dudes in the college football thread get rowdy and hard to talk with. Having you guys to bounce thoughts and opinions off of with college ball is nice. I liked the idea of the other sports and this thread as I dislike going in the irrelevant thread otherwise and found these threads will bring back more of us like it has. Like Key, Playmaker, PaTd and more chatter in the forum.

I agree, the Other Sports thread has kept the Irrelevant thread clutter free so people can get their daily dose of Bob Kraft's taste in clothes or J-Law's love life, while also helping to promote conversation and forum activity when there hasn't been much Pats talk.

Besides, who wants to venture too much to other forums? It's scary out there. Wink
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pre season top 4 is:

FSU
BAMA
MSU
ORE

I think the playoff format will continue to grow to maybe 8-16 teams. How soon that happens I do not know but expect it to be expanded in the next five years. Strength of schedule is going to mean a lot to me. Not just in any SEC team wanting uber credit for just showing up to a conference game but teams that schedule D2 games for OOC games and the lack luster teams use to stack wins. I love my team and think it has a tough game at least 50% of the time. With the way some schools stack their schedules I don't see that percentage everywhere (OSU and ND).

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

I agree, the Other Sports thread has kept the Irrelevant thread clutter free so people can get their daily dose of Bob Kraft's taste in clothes or J-Law's love life, while also helping to promote conversation and forum activity when there hasn't been much Pats talk.

Besides, who wants to venture too much to other forums? It's scary out there. Wink

Haha I dabble in other threads for fantasy leagues and my teams I follow but for general conversation this is where I get my daily dose(s).

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With DGB likely out for the count, I am without someone to pimp for the season. Crying or Very sad
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
With DGB likely out for the count, I am without someone to pimp for the season. Crying or Very sad

North or Cooper.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
Nihc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have randomly chosen Oregon as my favorite college team.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Naq

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Braxton Miller out for the year:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24667906/reports-ohio-state-qb-braxton-miller-shoulder-out-for-season

He's returning to Ohio State in 2015 (supposedly)

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

UniversalAuthor wrote:
Hate being up by 13, sets us up for a 1 point loss.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
I have randomly chosen Oregon as my favorite college team.

We had a good chance of getting along just fine until you went and said this. They play maybe 2 tough games a year (Stanford and an improving USC). They change Jeremy colors every quarter so that's obviously awesome. They think their "speed kills" motto is true...LSU beat Oregon few years back in the season opener. I'm pumped for the season. I own a Crimson A#8 Bama jersey I wear on game days .

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What NFL prospects do you guys like early?

I really like CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu of Oregon
ILB Densel Perryman of Miami is one of the most sound tacklers in CFB
S Karl Joseph from WVU

Havn't really found a DT that sticks out to me yet.

Sigs-Taking Requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: