Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots preseason schedule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Patriots preseason schedule Reply with quote

Tom Brady Tribute
Naq

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we always play the Giants in the Preseason? whats up with that?

Revis on Desean Jackson is going to be interesting if either of them play or put much effort in the game. Want to see how Revis does against the speedy guys

#ParkitForParker

ServantofYHWH wrote:
What do you call 12 millionaires around a TV watching the NBA Finals this year?

The Indiana Pacers
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
Do we always play the Giants in the Preseason? whats up with that?

Revis on Desean Jackson is going to be interesting if either of them play or put much effort in the game. Want to see how Revis does against the speedy guys

Teams get to pick their pre-season opponents. Given Belichick and Coughlin's closeness, it's not a surprise that they always play the 4th game against each other. It also ensures both teams don't have to travel too much the week before the season starts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Can Browner practice or play pre season with Patriots or banned from everything till regular season game four?

2) Don't see any good let alone great WR corps on that pre season schedule, draft still hasn't happened I know.

3) Any idea if we are doing joint training camp with anyone at all? Houston?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
1) Can Browner practice or play pre season with Patriots or banned from everything till regular season game four?

2) Don't see any good let alone great WR corps on that pre season schedule, draft still hasn't happened I know.

3) Any idea if we are doing joint training camp with anyone at all? Houston?

I would think they will be doing joint activities with Philadelphia.

Houston wouldn't make sense as the Pats don't play them.

Browner can practice and play in the pre-season.

Washington's receiving corps is pretty solid with Jackson, Garcon and Reed at TE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thought Houston because of the Bill O'Brien connection and thought it'd be neat to play vs such a shaken up team along with a team that just got to load up on early rounders.

Why would you assume Philly?

I was overlooking Washington a bit there as I like Garcon and Reed and had forgotten their existence because everything in Washington has seemed to be about Shanny or RG3 recently. I'm excited to see what Jay Gruden does for that offense tho.

I'm also looking forward to seeing if and how Bill adds to or plays with the secondary. Will be nice to get glimpses of browner and Revis together.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:

Well, they did it last year and are reported to be looking to do it again so....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
I'm also looking forward to seeing if and how Bill adds to or plays with the secondary. Will be nice to get glimpses of browner and Revis together.

I think its a safe bet that they will be playing man 80-90% of the time with Browner and especially Revis.

#ParkitForParker

ServantofYHWH wrote:
What do you call 12 millionaires around a TV watching the NBA Finals this year?

The Indiana Pacers
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

I think its a safe bet that they will be playing man 80-90% of the time with Browner and especially Revis.

80-90% of the snaps in pre season...I'll take that safe bet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Well, they did it last year and are reported to be looking to do it again so....

Just had no idea Chip and Bill had the chem or wanted to do a session together again. Getting free looks at Shady McCoy helps, dude is nasty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Just had no idea Chip and Bill had the chem or wanted to do a session together again. Getting free looks at Shady McCoy helps, dude is nasty.

Yes, Bill and Chip are very close. Apparently, Bill consulted with Chip a couple years ago on effectively running the no-huddle offense after Oregon had so much success with it.

I would imagine there would be joint practices with Philly and NYG, and perhaps also Washington. I'm glad the Pats play the Giants again this year, especially with NY's newly revamped secondary. It will be a good test in the 4th game for the WRs.

I would assume Browner would play most of the preseason snaps, given that he'll have to sit out 4 weeks, just to get acclimated to the defense. Very much looking forward to that.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
I'm glad the Pats play the Giants again this year, especially with NY's newly revamped secondary. It will be a good test in the 4th game for the WRs.

Given it's the 4th game, I doubt it will be a test for anything except whose future practice squad guys are better at executing a vanilla scheme.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
derekstanggt wrote:
I'm glad the Pats play the Giants again this year, especially with NY's newly revamped secondary. It will be a good test in the 4th game for the WRs.

Given it's the 4th game, I doubt it will be a test for anything except whose future practice squad guys are better at executing a vanilla scheme.

I thought the 4th game typically has the starters playing longer, right? Or am I not remembering that correctly? And a vanilla scheme should test the WRs enough I would think since there will be no schematic advantages, just more 1v1 matchups.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
derekstanggt wrote:

I thought the 4th game typically has the starters playing longer, right? Or am I not remembering that correctly? And a vanilla scheme should test the WRs enough I would think since there will be no schematic advantages, just more 1v1 matchups.

No, the 4th game usually has the starters for 10 plays at most. There have been a few years where Belichick has played the starters more in the 4th quarter (usually if the team looks sloppy in practice or earlier games). But usually it's just the camp bodies who are cut the next day and the backups.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
derekstanggt wrote:

That's the 3rd game traditionally.

Deadpulse on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: