Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Corey Simon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aheineken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Corey Simon Reply with quote

The Eagles just withdrew their franchise tag on pro-bowl DT Corey Simon making him an unrestricted free agent. He wants to be paid as a top 5 DT in the league.. Personally I think the Rams should pick him up if they can get him without breaking the bank. As proved by San Diego, our run defense is not any better than last year. Simon will be an instant upgrade over Pickett, and if Kennedy lives up to his potential this year, we could be looking at the best pair of DTs in the NFC. The Rams are crazy if they don't make a serious run at him with the cap space they have left.
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny...I just posted in the NFL Feed asking Eagles fans if Simon can play end???...The Rams have a definite need at DE but this guys is a great talent and if he can be effective at DT then I say pick him up!!!
magscivic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is our cap status? Also, what is Simon asking for a contract?
aheineken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magscivic wrote:

I think we're 4-5 under. He's wanting to be paid among the top 5 DL in the league, so it'd be pushing it. He's also represented by Martz's favorite agent, Roosevelt Barnes, so probably not much of a chance to get him.
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aheineken wrote:
magscivic wrote:

I think we're 4-5 under. He's wanting to be paid among the top 5 DL in the league, so it'd be pushing it. He's also represented by Martz's favorite agent, Roosevelt Barnes, so probably not much of a chance to get him.

Yah...Martz had some choice words for Barnes during the Barron negotiations...I'm sure if Simon is looking for that kind of money someone will overpay him...and in all likelihood it won't be the Rams.
magscivic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, we aren't getting him.
Halradio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I see the Rams making a play for Simon is if they lose Pickett for an extended period of time - like more than 2-3 regular season games.

They would also have to do some shuffling cap wise - like getting players like Bruce to re-work his contract.

Its more likely though that Rams are going to be watching the waiver wire for DBs not DTs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: