Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

atl draft thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickn3366

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: atl draft thoughts Reply with quote

in my opinion there are three areas of concern for next year, with one or two for the future. I believe our biggest problem lies in the secondary, which was quite apparent in the philly game. another problem is our o-line, i think 40+ sacks speaks for itself. im not a big fan of our receivers, but jenkins has great potential, and i just pray price steps it up. so, i think if we improve the o-line first, then the receivers will improv as well. of course if next year they show no improvement we can get a new go-to guy, or a second guy to jenkins. lastly, inside linebacker could improve, i dont think draft is the guy. with all that said, here are my thoughts on what we should do.

1. we NEED a proven right tackle to take over for weiner via FA, and move weiner to the left side.

2. now this move is highly unlikely due to the cap, but if possible id love to sign carlos hall from tennessee to rival brady for the starting spot, but that would be extra

now for the draft

id trade our first round pick for a top 10 second and a top 10 3rd round pick.

2) Brandon Browner CB
-hes a tall corner who possess great speed and aggression. lots of sites say he has great coverage skills as well, so if he continues to improve(he was only a sophomore) then he would be an amazing compliment to deangelo.

2) Josh Bullocks FS
-hes a pure coverage safety that would be a huge upgrade over hall, who has given up way too many big plays for him to keep his job. the two could alternate until bullocks is ready to play, then wed have an impressive young secondary with bullocks, browner, hall, scott, and webster coming in on nickel packages.

3) Boomer Grigsby ILB
-Boomer is a huge sleeper coming from a small school. he would add a lot of speed, which is really needed on D, and would make quite a core with him, brooking, and d-mo williams who should take over for stewert.

3) Khalif Barnes OT
-for all falcons fans, we know that gibbs can mold any lineman into a great one. but barnes isnt a normal tackle. hes agile, quick, and shows great potential. give gibbs how ever much time he needs, and barnes can take over one of the tackle spots so vick will be able to get more comfortable in the pocket, which will lead to better passing stats. in my opinion it all comes down on the line, if hes comfortable then he will prove to everyone how hes not only a threat on the ground.

4(from denver)) i think we trade this along with the first second rounder to hopefully get a top 4 or 5 pick in the second so we can get browner

4) best available DE
- i havent gone into much depth for a name, but if we can't pull a miracle with carlos hall, then we will need a backup for smith. then next year's draft id like a first round DE to take over for smith who will probably be close to retirement then. but next year is a long way away.

5) best available DT
-with jasper gone, we will need another DT to back up lavalais and colemon, along with lake

6) BPA

7) kicker
-a lot might disagree here, but thats ok. feely not might be back, and personally thats fine with me. so why not get a good kicker here.
ATL-Draftnik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice but I think the best you are going to do in your trade is a 2nd and swap 3rd RD picks.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really think Barnes will go in the 3rd do you??? HAHA Hes gonna go in the 1st.
FF Member #1000
magscivic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should pick up a QB. Im sick of Vick killing the Rams!

fansincela wrote:
RamsFan101 wrote:
If the Rams select Bradford I'll jump off a very high building

I'll be right next to you. Suh is a rare talent
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnes will probably be an early second so will Browner...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: