Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Edgerrin James

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Keep James?
Re-sign him
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Tag and trade him
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Just let him go
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

coltfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Edgerrin James Reply with quote

Keep James?

Colts=05-06 Champions
JamesT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Edgerrin James Reply with quote

coltfan wrote:
Keep James?

This team can not afford to resign Edge. How many years are Colts fan going to get crushed in the playoffs watching thier pathetic D lose it for them. Being a Rams fan I understand your pain but unfortunately for the Colts more focus on the defensive side of things has to be addressed. Peyton Manning's absurd contract is going to prohibit this team from going out and making a huge run at anyone of the top free agents on D but they still have to do something. By resigning Edge they wont have any money left. Let's face it they can be just as successful with Mongro and Rhodes leading the way. Better yet why dont you ask Peyton to pro-rate some of his pay until he actually steps up in a big time playoff game and plays like the All Pro he is?
coltfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could re-sign James and have some money left, a little. I said tag then trade him, if not that then I would let him go into free agency. I never said I would re-sign him, I agree with you we need defense.

Colts=05-06 Champions
JamesT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltfan wrote:
They could re-sign James and have some money left, a little. I said tag then trade him, if not that then I would let him go into free agency. I never said I would re-sign him, I agree with you we need defense.

Unfortunately the ridiculous contract Indy gave Peyton is going to kill this team's chances of ever going to the superbowl. Plus let's be honest here Peyton has never stepped up in the big game ever in his career either in college or the pros.
coltfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last playoffs games the past 2 years besides the Patriots games Peyton played perfect. He had the greatest comeback in the history in the NFL. The Colts just arent built to play the Patriots. He didnt play bad agianst the last two meetings against the Patriots but the team did. Lets be honest here, you must be retarted or jealous of Peyton. Becuase saying Peyton has never stepped it up in the big game is just stupid.

Colts=05-06 Champions
JamesT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltfan wrote:
The last playoffs games the past 2 years besides the Patriots games Peyton played perfect. He had the greatest comeback in the history in the NFL. The Colts just arent built to play the Patriots. He didnt play bad agianst the last two meetings against the Patriots but the team did. Lets be honest here, you must be retarted or jealous of Peyton. Becuase saying Peyton has never stepped it up in the big game is just stupid.

spell check learn live it use it. Maybe me saying that is a bit of an exaggeration but I still stand by what I said. Greatest comeback in the history of the NFL? If you have followed Peyton as long as I have this guy has never won the big game. I am sorry but those are the facts. Two yrs ago he single handley lost that game when he threw 5 int's against the Pats. This year their game plan was a joke. For them not to throw the ball deep and test the Pats secondary was a joke. He body language in games when he is not winning is very disturbing. The Colts arent built to play outdoors that is the problem. And the fact that Peyton signed that huge contract which in turn will not allow the team to go out and sign defensive players which they desperately need. That is great Coltfan your QB had a great season and guess what he lost again in the playoffs. It kind of takes away from what he accomplished this year. Not jealous of him at all.
coltfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it was the gameplan and the team inability to play outdoors that lost the game. Peyton played a good game, his receivers drops mulitple balls on 3rd downs to. Agian Peyton played good but the gameplan was bad and the TEAM didnt play well. The Edge also didnt play well. The comeback was the greatest by the points he came back from in the amount of time, but it wasnt the most memorable.

Colts=05-06 Champions
coltfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a game of the TEAMS, its not a game of the QUATERBACKS!!! The Colts got beat by a better team, plain and simple.

Colts=05-06 Champions
JamesT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: xcc Reply with quote

coltfan wrote:
So it was the gameplan and the team inability to play outdoors that lost the game. Peyton played a good game, his receivers drops mulitple balls on 3rd downs to. Agian Peyton played good but the gameplan was bad and the TEAM didnt play well. The Edge also didnt play well. The comeback was the greatest by the points he came back from in the amount of time, but it wasnt the most memorable.

Peyton played a good game? You and I watched a different game. Sure there were drops by Clark, Wayne and maybe Harrison but that was it. You can't honestly sit here and tell me their game plan was good. They never tested the secondary downfield once. Furthermore to blame Edge is ridiculous. If you are going to blame anyone on offense include that O line in the mix too. Was this year Peyton's fault? No but I will say this until he proves me wrong. He has never won the Big game in his life. He did not do it at Tennessee and he sure as hell has not done it in Indy. Regarding the comeback I have no idea what you are talking about.
coltfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Edge didnt play well, Peyton had a better game. Peyton played a good game for a QB but a C- game for himself. Did I ever say the gameplan was good? I actually said it was bad.

Colts=05-06 Champions
smstuart14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indy news reported that sources in miami were told by friends of James that he wants to come to miami. many have said that the edge just wants to play, have some fun, give back to his hometown area, and retire before his body is too dead. So I fully support a trade to Miami either for the 4th pick and get Rolle or for one of their vet defensive players with a few years left in him. Surtain would be nice. Do they have a good defensive tackle.
inkwell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great comedy routine guys! If you truly followed Peyton's career, you would know that he plays well in the big game. When he has had to win to get into the playoffs he excels. Against Tenn who has been their main competition for the playoffs, he has excelled. The Pats are the best team in the NFL. Belichik may be the best defensive game planner ever. They make all QBs look bad. They did it to McNabb who is among the top QBs in the league. They do it to everyone. It doesnt matter who they play, they make the QB look bad. There are other big games in a season than the Super Bowl. Ditto in a college season and Bowl games. Was it not a big game when Indy won its first playoff game? If they lost, they go home. sounds like a big game to me! Try thinking for yourself and not repeating the mantra of other know nothing haters.
Namy5280

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge's value is being overlooked. The playaction/fake handoff is huge. Edge had about a respectable 1500 yard season, so defenses had to worry about both the running and passing game. Once Edge leaves, it will be easier for defenses to play against a unilateral offense. If the Colts let Edge go, they must address their running game again, and early too.
littlkj5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: hes good Reply with quote

i would tag him then trade him. i would like to keep him but theres no need. we need better defense, even though our defense is ranked 2nd in take aways. If Rhodes could play more then he would be really good. The play-action play would be hard to run with out edge but if rhodes could practice it then we'd be fine.

RyanW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesT wrote:
spell check learn live it use it. Two yrs ago he single handley lost that game when he threw 5 int's against the Pats. Not jealous of him at all.

Spell Check. Learn it. Live it. Use it yourself. If you are going to make comments about someones spelling or punctuation, you had better be spot on with your own posts.
Is it Manning's fault that the Colts are willing to pay him outrageous money? No. He is one of the top 3 QBs in the league, if not the best. Remember, Football is a team game and its not entirely Mannings fault that they havent won a superbowl yet. Plenty of great QBs and players have never won a SB. That doesnt make them any less great. And I will open myself up to a shot here and say I am a Dolphins fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: