You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Primetime?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePack1265

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Week 2 Primetime? Reply with quote

I read on another site, not sure if it can be posted under the rules, but it mentioned that week 2 against the Patriots will be moved to primetime. Any one else hear or read something about this?
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear about it, but that would be sweet.

The Jets would have back-to-back primetime games, with next week going against the Chargers on MNF.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only fitting that we have more primetime games now. I'm excited about the PR opportunity for our Jets, and when we start winning it's going to be 100x as great.

Wise man once said " You play to win the game"
ThePack1265

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely is a false report that I read. The guy didn't seem credible. I'm just checking too see if anyone else heard this.

It makes sense thought, home opener for the Jets against the Pats and showcasing Favre to the NY fans.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the rules are still the same as last year, than yeah that's false. I believe it was only after Week 8 or 10 that games could get moved to Primetime. Before that, the schedule is set.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
If the rules are still the same as last year, than yeah that's false. I believe it was only after Week 8 or 10 that games could get moved to Primetime. Before that, the schedule is set.

I believe it is Week 11...

Quote:
The NFL entered its second year of flexible scheduling in the final weeks of the season. In each of the Sunday night contests from Weeks 11 through 17, NBC had the option of switching its Sunday night game for a more favorable contest, up to 12 days before the game's start.

yes
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be a primetime game, but I would be willing to bet money that Jets-Patriots will be nationally televised by CBS come Week 2.
Augustus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like away night games.

Our team gets national exposure and I can still function the next day.

Everybody wins.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is thank god I'm going to be back in NJ for college so I can watch Jets games this year.

I have a feeling Favre will still be rusty during week 2 but will be back to normal by the time our second showdown with the Pats happens.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
All I can say is thank god I'm going to be back in NJ for college so I can watch Jets games this year.

I have a feeling Favre will still be rusty during week 2 but will be back to normal by the time our second showdown with the Pats happens.

Meh! Lucky you! I have to figure out ways to watch games in West Virginia.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Meh! Lucky you! I have to figure out ways to watch games in West Virginia.

West Virginia is not as bad as Florida though. And not the area of Florida where electricity is common. I'm talking about the panhandle. Freakin hicksville was about 20 minutes from campus. And I never even got the game with Miami and the Jets.

Although I'm sure you share my pain about the hicksville surrounding area thing. I drove through West Virginia once on a road-trip. All I could say was, "oh my god that woman has no teeth."
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I believe it is Week 11...

Quote:
The NFL entered its second year of flexible scheduling in the final weeks of the season. In each of the Sunday night contests from Weeks 11 through 17, NBC had the option of switching its Sunday night game for a more favorable contest, up to 12 days before the game's start.

Thanks, I knew it was somewhere around there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: