You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kris Jenkins!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srodriguez13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Kris Jenkins! Reply with quote

Did anybody notice the the big NT in Cleveland he looked downright nasty!!!! He was unblockable one on one he was 2-3 yard in the backfield on almost everyplay he was in and the i also saw him over by the sideline making a tackle (or around the ball dont remember if he made the tackle exactly) I'm super excited to see what he can do the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's exactly what the Jets needed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he can continue like this, and prove everyone wrong. Also from what I've heard Pouha was meant to be very good. He's very underated even by us Jets fans.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully he can continue like this, and prove everyone wrong. Also from what I've heard Pouha was meant to be very good. He's very underated even by us Jets fans.

Yes I've heard that as well and i havent really voiced an opinion about Pouha but i watched his play a bit too although i didnt focus on him as much as i shouldve Wink Wink but i did see him hold up pretty solid against a double team and the thing is Pouha is really almost as important as Jenkins because we cant have him playing every defensive snap so the guy he rotates with has to be able to hold up so we dont have opposing teams saying ok jenkins is out now we can ram the ball down their throats !!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srodriguez13 wrote:
Quote:

Yes I've heard that as well and i havent really voiced an opinion about Pouha but i watched his play a bit too although i didnt focus on him as much as i shouldve Wink Wink but i did see him hold up pretty solid against a double team and the thing is Pouha is really almost as important as Jenkins because we cant have him playing every defensive snap so the guy he rotates with has to be able to hold up so we dont have opposing teams saying ok jenkins is out now we can ram the ball down their throats !!!

I like Pouha and I felt he played better at NT last year than D-Rob. He takes on two OL well even though he isn't that big. I want to see him at DE and hopefully he can take over Ellis' job in 2-3 years. (unless we draft a monster in the upcoming drafts, which we probably will)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Green wrote:
srodriguez13 wrote:
Quote:

I like Pouha and I felt he played better at NT last year than D-Rob. He takes on two OL well even though he isn't that big. I want to see him at DE and hopefully he can take over Ellis' job in 2-3 years. (unless we draft a monster in the upcoming drafts, which we probably will)

Yeah, I think Pouha could be our Ty Warren, very underated guy, who is a good 3-4 DE. Who could play NT. I never understood why he didn't play NT ahead of D-Rob last year, and just move D-Rob to DE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouha has never played DE I believe, he was the only true NT we had on the roster last year. He plays around 330 lbs. I believe, and he will be vital to back up Jenkins at NT. You always need to rotate DL, and that is why Pouha is so important to our team.
cfernandez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
New York Green wrote:
srodriguez13 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I think Pouha could be our Ty Warren, very underated guy, who is a good 3-4 DE. Who could play NT. I never understood why he didn't play NT ahead of D-Rob last year, and just move D-Rob to DE

Moving D-Rob over 2 feet wont make him a better player. He just wasnt a 3-4 guy.

FFMD-11 Jets GM
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfernandez wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
New York Green wrote:
srodriguez13 wrote:
Quote:

Moving D-Rob over 2 feet wont make him a better player. He just wasnt a 3-4 guy.

I think he would have been better at DE still, if he didn't always have the pressure of being the NT. On passing situations he could have been good to move to DE to get extra penetration, since Coleman isn't a pas rushing expert.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I'm the Kris Jenkins champion on this forum. Always loved the guy and he was destined to be a Jet eventually Very Happy . On the flip side did anyone notice Shaun Rogers, CLE's new NT that they acquired from DET. He was also supposed to be a force to reckon with but I wasn't all into that game after the delay. How did he play and how did our O-line deal with him?

NETS
Giants
Jets
Mets

Manning > Romo wrote:
WTF!
Did every DB on our team turn into Braylan Edwerds?
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we can hope is that Brett Favre will have an impact like Jenkins.

Trading for Jenkins is still IMO the best move we made this offseason. Yes, even more so than trading for Favre.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first rushing play he got pushed back by the OL, but after that he was in shut down mode. It's nice to see that even though he is still working out the kinks that it looks like he could be a dominant NT.
MaineEvent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-4 Dewayne Robertson>>>>3-4 Kris Jenkins... Liar

Cowboys fan;[quote="MightyMouse07"]Ramses will be the best WR in this draft. There are no doubts about that from me.[/quote]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: